1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Hollywood and Vine-------YUK!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by BCVBRUCE, Jun 1, 2007.

1. BCVBRUCE

BCVBRUCE Mouseketeer

I tried writing and thorough review of my May 30th visit, but why bother. The waiter was great. The food was horrible. In fact, of all the meals that I have eaten at WDW since my first visit in 1977, I would firmly place Hollywood and Vine dead last.

Very limited selection. The prme rib must have been prison surplus meat.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sandybobandy

sandybobandy DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience there.

It's really amazing to me how varying the reviews for H&V are. My husband and I just adore this restaurant and visit every year.

Again, sorry you didn't have a good meal!

4. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Another one here who doesn't like Hollywood & Vine. We ate there Jan '05 and wasn't impressed (poor service and bad food). We tried it again Sept '05 and again received bad service and bad food. May '06 my mom and I planned a last minute trip and couldn't get into Mama Melrose or the Brown Derby for the FDP, so decided to give Hollywood & Vine one more try. Again YUCK, bad service and bad food. Three strikes, you're out. We won't be returning.

5. candykisses

candykisses <font color=blue>Ask Me About My Sheltie<br><font

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

H & V is always a must do on my boy's list. We've had good meals there, but service and quality can change from meal to meal.

That's what is great about Disney, there are so many choices.

6. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

I too am sorry that you didnt enjoy your H & V visit......we usually go each year and just returned the end of April and had a good experience there....our waiter was MIKE and he was very good....made sure our cups were filled...and then brought a birthday cupcake to my SIL....the food was good.....and it was always hot that was supposed to be hot and chilled for those that had to be chilled.....again I am sorry that you had a rotten visit...

7. tinkercat

tinkercat Mouseketeer

Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there!

We went to the Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine lunch buffet on 5/19 and we liked it. We thought it was a decent variety and the food was ok. We really only went there because the kids wanted to see the PlayHouse Disney characters, but the meal wasn't bad by any means. I definitely prefer 50's Prime Time at MGM, but we'd probably go back to H&V.

8. seetheworld

seetheworld DIS Veteran

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! We were just there in May and it was so bad that my DH and my mom wouldn't eat the food. The food is in our opinion the worst at WDW! The character interaction is the best though and having 4 kids makes it a must for us. We go strictly for the character interaction. I am so glad you posted this because I generally read really good things about it and thought we were the only ones who felt this way.

9. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

2 things that I especially love about H&V are the mussels and the berry cobbler. H&V is a once a year MUST eat at for us.

I'm sorry that you didn't like your meal there!

Bobbi

10. tohono2000

tohono2000 Earning My Ears

Really nothing special and only 4 Characters to see...and that is accomplished in 15 minutes. No food for low fat diets either. Our waiter was good, but you can do much better at Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare.

11. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Have to agree with you, one of the worst places in WDW

12. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

We've done the Fantasmic package there twice and both times were somewhat disappointed. Poor buffet choice compared to the other WDW restaurants, very noisy and we felt very rushed.

Won't be eating there this trip that's for sure!

13. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

H & V didn't make our "repeat" list any year either. Nothing as drastic as "prison meat" but we found the buffet food to be so/so and the tables were so packed together that we felt the family next to us could literally eat off our plates:confused3 I don't really get the "theme" of the place either--you'd think they could come up with something more creative or glamorous for that prime a spot. Oh well, we can't all eat at the same place anyway;)

14. ursula28

ursula28 Mouseketeer

We do H&V every trip, always get an early seating around 4:00pm. Everything seems fresher at the beginning of the night. We love it here.

15. kritter

kritter <font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon

Oh no sorry to hear this we have ressies there to go next week for our first time for dinner. Should we cancel.. There are no characters there correct for dinner????

16. Disney Ella

Disney Ella DIS Veteran

I have been there twice with the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I liked the food fine, but each time something there bothered my stomach. No one else I was with was bothered, but I don't want to risk going to H&V again. It was no fun walking around MGM with my stomach giving me trouble.

17. lovehoney

lovehoney DIS Veteran

We ate there on 5/31 with a group of 13. It was great. Everyone was able to find something they liked. We did have to eat at 3:30 for our Fantasmic Package. But with 13 people it is easier if you eat when they are less crowded.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Except for the desserts, I thought it was on par with Chef Mickey's.

18. dfarster

dfarster Earning My Ears

We had rescheduled our dinner package for Fantasmic and could only get H&V, so we gave it a try. Of all the places we tried this is one that my husband refused to try ever again. Lousy service, our server actually gave us dirty napkins when we asked for paper napkins for the kids. The food was only so-so. The only thing my DS and DD ate was the peel and eat shrimp and they ate a ton at CP and CM. I tried the blackberry chicken and it actually tasted sour! Desserts were good, but didn't care for most of the main meal. They meat was really fatty.

19. clownfish1452

clownfish1452 DIS Veteran

Thank you for the review. I cancelled my ressies and changed them to the Fantasmic Dinner at the Brown Derby.

Thank you agian
    Sarah

20. sandybobandy

sandybobandy DIS Veteran

Awww Sarah, that's too bad. :( Again, we love H&V.

What one person hates, another person loves. So-while I'm sorry you'll be missing one of *my* favorite restaurants because of other's reviews, I hope you guys have an AWESOME trip.

21. Erin1700

Erin1700 <font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us

How is breakfast? We are taking the kids there in early december.