• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday and Season of the Force Souvies

On Saturday we got each of our family of four the Star Tours badges. DH and I got annual passholder one and kids picked theirs also. Got lots of compliments throughout day!

I love the clothing merchandise but just can't mentally do it yet...they're expensive to me even w/passholder discount. My favorites were the women tank dress that looked like Han Solo's outfit. DD's favorite was the women sweatshirt that looked like Leia with the hood that's like the side roll buns.

Can I just mention how crazy popular the Star Wars merchandise is already? The movie hasn't even come out yet, but BB8 stuff is everywhere! I remember being in the parks in April while visiting for the Star Wars Celebration convention and thinking there was a lot of Star Wars gear in the parks then. This trip I saw about 10 times as much! The big difference seems to be families, who are all decked out together. Good job on Disney for marketing the new film so well. I can't even imagine what it will be like when the movie actually comes out.

The items at the Tomorrowlanding store were really popular as well. They had engraveable Star Tours badges and leather bracelets.

The badges had four different designs (the one we got was the exclusive passholder design). You can choose the title and have it engraved with your name in the Star Wars Aurebesh alphabet:

View attachment 137217

View attachment 137218

View attachment 137219

This is the bracelet for DS7. There were many different designs and sizes:

View attachment 137220

View attachment 137221

View attachment 137222

WHAAAAATTTTTT??????!!!!!!!!!

Is this at Disneyland? Is this for real? I've been asking about those name tags and would love to get a set for my family. How much are they? Do you get them right there or do you have to come back and pick them up?

Is this at Disneyland? Is this for real? I've been asking about those name tags and would love to get a set for my family. How much are they? Do you get them right there or do you have to come back and pick them up?
Yes, at Disneyland. I think they were about $12 with the engraving. I had to come back a half hour later to pick it up, but if you catch them when they are not too busy they could probably do it right there for you. They are pretty cool!

Yes, at Disneyland. I think they were about $12 with the engraving. I had to come back a half hour later to pick it up, but if you catch them when they are not too busy they could probably do it right there for you. They are pretty cool!

Do the name tags clip onto your shirt with a pin on the back or with magnets?

It's across from Launch Bay. It's a small store and you can see the designs to the left of the entrance. It was $9.95 each. We went on a busy Saturday and waited to the side for less than 10 minutes.

My other favorites are the D-Tech On Demand custom phone cases. I had just bought a custom photo case so I couldn't justify buying another one. DH was going to buy one until he found out they don't carry yet cases for the Samsung Edge 6 Plus.

Here is also the tie fighter bucket with the x-wing fighter light on top and the BB8 sipper. The popcorn bucket is so cool in person, but definitely HUGE! I kept bumping into things because the strap was over my shoulder. When we received a shopping bag from one of the stores, the took apart the wings and placed the whole thing in the bag. So much easier!

They are pins and much better quality than the ones attached for the birthday buttons.

Aw dang it! I was hoping for magnets we don't have to pin my little kids with them possibly messing with it and then possibly poking themselves. Oh well. I guess they're gonna have to deal.

I printed out the paper selection that someone took a picture of so the kids can make their decision before we get there.

OH we have got to get the Tags awesome 30 bucks more spent. Any one know if could find it in DTD?

OH we have got to get the Tags awesome 30 bucks more spent. Any one know if could find it in DTD?
The tags are only in DL across from Launch Bay. They do have the D-Tech On Demand in DTD's D-Tech store.

I pinned our DD8 and DD4. I didn't stick them but I accidentally stuck myself because I was in a hurry! :rotfl2:

Aw dang it! I was hoping for magnets we don't have to pin my little kids with them possibly messing with it and then possibly poking themselves. Oh well. I guess they're gonna have to deal.

I printed out the paper selection that someone took a picture of so the kids can make their decision before we get there.
I posted in the previous oost to this that I put them on our kids. Didn't stick them but accidentally stuck myself!

I posted in the previous oost to this that I put them on our kids. Didn't stick them but accidentally stuck myself!

:crutches:I'm sure the pain was well worth it.

Thanks for the information. I was just asking about these name tags a few weeks ago because I was looking at the Star Wars at the Sea cruises and they were offering the tags on the cruise with a different design, I believe.

Now if only DLR will sell the resin/polystone statues that were at D23. I would have purchased a statue at D23 but after doing the head scan and reviewing the proof, I noticed that my statue had stylized hair. I asked if the statue could be produced to actually look like my shaved head and the person said no. Unfortunately with the stylized hair, the statue didn't look like me so I was so disappointed to pass. I saw recently that apparently there are some kiosks going up in target stores where they're doing the statues. These actually might work because the example I saw shows a Stormtrooper where the statue was holding the helmet on the side and the face had a full head covering kinda like how Robocop looks without the helmut. That would solve the hair style problem. Still hoping for it to pop up in San Diego.

:crutches:I'm sure the pain was well worth it.

Thanks for the information. I was just asking about these name tags a few weeks ago because I was looking at the Star Wars at the Sea cruises and they were offering the tags on the cruise with a different design, I believe.

Now if only DLR will sell the resin/polystone statues that were at D23. I would have purchased a statue at D23 but after doing the head scan and reviewing the proof, I noticed that my statue had stylized hair. I asked if the statue could be produced to actually look like my shaved head and the person said no. Unfortunately with the stylized hair, the statue didn't look like me so I was so disappointed to pass. I saw recently that apparently there are some kiosks going up in target stores where they're doing the statues. These actually might work because the example I saw shows a Stormtrooper where the statue was holding the helmet on the side and the face had a full head covering kinda like how Robocop looks without the helmut. That would solve the hair style problem. Still hoping for it to pop up in San Diego.
That's too bad they couldn't get it to look like you.

Are you going on Disney Fantasy's Star Wars at sea???? Oh my goodness!! Awesome!!! We just got off Disney Wonder last month.

That's too bad they couldn't get it to look like you.

Are you going on Disney Fantasy's Star Wars at sea???? Oh my goodness!! Awesome!!! We just got off Disney Wonder last month.

Unfortunately, we are not. I wish. I'm hoping that with the success of all Star Wars merchandise sales, Disney starts to offer for Star Wars sailings to cash in on the Star Wars frenzy. Hey, Disney is a corporation that is in the business of making money. I'm in the "business" of feeding my Star Wars love. Give me what I want and I'll spend money if I have it.

I wish I had known about the tags when I was in the parks this weekend! I so would have bought one.

I wanted to mention that the BB8 sipper I got was even better quality than I thought it would be. It also holds quite a lot of liquid, even though it looks like it wouldn't.

A cast member showed us this limited edition jack skellington pin with a snowflake. We thought it was a perfect commemoration of our first time riding HMH!

2hhm81h.jpg

A cast member showed us this limited edition jack skellington pin with a snowflake. We thought it was a perfect commemoration of our first time riding HMH!

2hhm81h.jpg
I like that one and almost bought it for myself the other day. I really wanted the IASWH one though, but it was sold out everywhere. I think I might get it from eBay.

image.jpg

Love it! Where did you get it?
I've also seen it at the shops attached to the photo pass print pickup area. Don't know the name of the shop. DH and DD like going there because they have quite a few pins, including the pin trading board. I like to look at either glass case behind the registers. That is where I found this as well as a few others. Sorry, but I didn't take pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter