HobNobbing with Nobby (A Gnome's 1st Trip to the World) FINAL Upt: 9/23 (P.48)

I must admit Jen. We have satelite radio in the van (not really because we wanted it but it was already installed on the last van left that with all our requirements). I have flipped through the stations but don't really listen to it. In fact, I think I have flipped through the broadway channel and wondered if people actually listened to it THAT often :confused3

Now, as I type this, I have DisRadio playing on my computer and am listening to Fantasmic for about the 583rd time! :rotfl2: Too bad they don't have that on satellite radio!

OMG..I wonder if DIS radio works on my school computer!! Katie you just gave me a brilliant idea!!

I know I would have been in heaven if I could have DIS radio all the time...I didn't have the adaptor I needed to plug my MP3 player into the car or I would have been listening to podcasts about DIsney LOL!!!!

OMG..I wonder if DIS radio works on my school computer!! Katie you just gave me a brilliant idea!!

I know I would have been in heaven if I could have DIS radio all the time...I didn't have the adaptor I needed to plug my MP3 player into the car or I would have been listening to podcasts about DIsney LOL!!!!

Look at the sharing of ideas today, it's never occurred to me to listen to podcasts in the van because I DO have an MP3 plug in! (seriously, DH was the one who insisted on the rediculously high tech system in the van! I only have to put in a CD once, it copies it into memory and stores it. It's basically a 30 gig MP3 player with DVD capability)

Look at the sharing of ideas today, it's never occurred to me to listen to podcasts in the van because I DO have an MP3 plug in! (seriously, DH was the one who insisted on the rediculously high tech system in the van! I only have to put in a CD once, it copies it into memory and stores it. It's basically a 30 gig MP3 player with DVD capability)

If I wasn't too lazy to find the worship smilie I would go click on it about your entertainment system in your van...WOW!!! That is amazing...and yes I bought the adapter thing I need and I enjoy a great podcast. I listened to one on Haunted Mansion the other day...I love that ride!

yeah, it's pretty rediculous. did I mention the backseat satellite TV? :sad2: Too bad it only offers Nick, Cartoon network the Disney Channel (although, I do love playhouse Disney!)

The satellite TV and radio subscription was included for the first year. I told the kids to enjoy it, cause mama ain't paying for it after that!

(sheesh, no wonder I can't go to Disney this year, paying too much for my new van! Although I have to say how surprised I am. Our car insurance was up for renewal this month and they DIDN'T penalize me for the accident! :eek: I was stunned, it was not cheap on their part!)

yeah, it's pretty rediculous. did I mention the backseat satellite TV? :sad2: Too bad it only offers Nick, Cartoon network the Disney Channel (although, I do love playhouse Disney!)

The satellite TV and radio subscription was included for the first year. I told the kids to enjoy it, cause mama ain't paying for it after that!

(sheesh, no wonder I can't go to Disney this year, paying too much for my new van! Although I have to say how surprised I am. Our car insurance was up for renewal this month and they DIDN'T penalize me for the accident! :eek: I was stunned, it was not cheap on their part!)

Well that is good, I'm glad they didn't raise your insurance!! That means you can keep saving for 2010!!! Only 15 months away!!!! YAY :cool1:

Satellite tv that is just amazing LOL

Made it over from LL's TR. I'm in for the ride...how can I not be...your first trip day was my bday!! :thumbsup2

Made it over from LL's TR. I'm in for the ride...how can I not be...your first trip day was my bday!! :thumbsup2

Welcome Welcome!!!!!!:cheer2: Happy Belated Birthday!!! AND only 2 weeks until your next trip...ooohh...have a great time!

Very good sign, starting your trip with Ms.Julie Andrews!!! :goodvibes Oh I love her....sounds like you were off to a great start! I can't wait to hear more!

I didn't exactly catch up... because I AM at work, and shouldn't spend TOO much time on the computer.

However, I did just find an interesting coincidence.
You graduated from K-State the year I started.
Unless of course you skipped a grade in primary school, or made it through your bachelor's in 3 years.
If you started college at 18 and took 4 years to complete your degree, then when I started college you would have only graduated a few months before.

Very good sign, starting your trip with Ms.Julie Andrews!!! :goodvibes Oh I love her....sounds like you were off to a great start! I can't wait to hear more!

Thanks Stacy!!!!!

I didn't exactly catch up... because I AM at work, and shouldn't spend TOO much time on the computer.

However, I did just find an interesting coincidence.
You graduated from K-State the year I started.
Unless of course you skipped a grade in primary school, or made it through your bachelor's in 3 years.
If you started college at 18 and took 4 years to complete your degree, then when I started college you would have only graduated a few months before.

Actually I did skip a grade in primary school LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I was 17 when I began at K-State in 2000!!!!

Glad you are back Becca!! I hope you are having a really great semester!

Nobby looks quite comfy in the front seat. Good thinking turning off the air bag!

More, more, more... don't listen to Nobby... you must tell us more!

Nobby buckled up in the front seat is too funny!!! :rotfl:

I have Sirius radio and LOVE it! I usually end up reliving my youth and listening to the 80's and 90's station. Yesterday, the kids were looking at me funny as I belted out Beastie Boys' Sabotage on the way to school. :lmao:

Deer always make me edgy when I see them on the side of the road -- glad they didn't decide to make a mad dash while you were driving.

DtD first thing in the morning? I bet it was dead! That's our favorite time to visit there.

BTW, I was thinking about it, and it's good you turned off the airbags. In the event of an accident, they might have turned Nobwick into an deadly projectile. :scratchin

Nobby looks quite comfy in the front seat. Good thinking turning off the air bag!

More, more, more... don't listen to Nobby... you must tell us more!

It's the weekend! We're ready for more!!!

Okay Okay...I will work on an update LOL!! I'm still recovering from scrapbook night last night LOL

Nobby buckled up in the front seat is too funny!!! :rotfl:

I have Sirius radio and LOVE it! I usually end up reliving my youth and listening to the 80's and 90's station. Yesterday, the kids were looking at me funny as I belted out Beastie Boys' Sabotage on the way to school. :lmao:

Deer always make me edgy when I see them on the side of the road -- glad they didn't decide to make a mad dash while you were driving.

DtD first thing in the morning? I bet it was dead! That's our favorite time to visit there.

Thank you and yes DtD was pretty dead and it was wonderful!!! I'm looking forward to comparing crowds in January to the end of September

BTW, I was thinking about it, and it's good you turned off the airbags. In the event of an accident, they might have turned Nobwick into an deadly projectile. :scratchin

With his pointy hat...I know I was also thinking about that especially the times he rode in the front seat LOL!!!

Chapter 3: First Time Visits and I was Right, it was Too Cold to Swim

Well it would seem that if I don’t post an update today I’m going to have some serious explaining to do, so I’ve decided that it is in my and Nobby’s best interest to continue our tale. So join me as I finish off this delicious piece of Main Street Chocolate fudge with nuts and pick up our story where we last left off.

So where exactly did I leave off? DOH I really should go back and read the chapter before I sit down to write more. Oh wait, we were just arriving at the most magical place on Earth and pulling into the parking lot of Downtown Disney. Nobby and I were both grateful for the opportunity to finally get out of the car and stretch our legs. The first thing I noticed was how cold it was outside, okay this wasn’t your typical Jen’s a pansy and wears a jacket in September in Florida cold, oh no this was to my bones I’m going to freeze to death cold. So much for sightseeing, this girl needed to get some warm weather supplies and in a hurry. So I grabbed Nobby and placed him safely in his carrying vehicle (aka my backpack) and stopped only briefly to take a few shots of the entrance to Downtown Disney Marketplace.

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

Then it was straight to Disney Merchandise Heaven…that’s right the World of Disney Store!

DSCF0193.jpg

I knew I would find all my Disney needs inside this wonderful and WARM complex. What was I on a mission for…a hoodie. Oh yes, this Southern Weather Pansy was in need of a really cool Disney hoodie, said hoodie would then be worn all over the World and make it appear that I hadn’t bother to change my clothes my entire vacation stay. Well, after some careful deliberation (I kid you not, it took me almost 40 minutes to pick out a hoodie LOL), I found the perfect one! Of course I had just come into the store to buy the jacket, however has anyone ever been able to walk into the World of Disney store and just buy the one thing they came in to buy…LOL! So I also purchased a new lanyard to wear to school and attach my name badge to and this marvelous see through pocket. This pocket might be the most glorious Disney merchandise invention ever. You see not only could I put my AP pass into it; I could also fit my fast passes, my KTTW, and my photo pass. The best part, it had the ability to hook to my belt loop and then placed in my pocket making it virtually impossible for me to lose. Oh and even better, I could then just let them scan my Photo pass card through the pocket, never once having to take it out and risk losing it! Oh yes this purchase had pixie dust all over it, it was amazing! I’m never going to Disney again without it.

Well now that I was done making my purchases it was time to do some exploring of Downtown Disney and find my way to the interim Guest Relations offices since there real location was being refurbished. So I asked a very nice CM for some directions and was told I would have to walk all the way to Pleasure Island and I would find the Guest Relations offices there. So now that I was all bundled up I could take photos and just enjoy a nearly empty DTD. Here are some of the shots I took.

More of the World of Disney Store

DSCF0197-1.jpg

DSCF0196-1.jpg

DSCF0194-1.jpg

The Lego Dragon

DSCF0198.jpg

The New T-REX Restaurant (I was tempted to see if I could walk in for lunch, but I wanted to get to POP and check in too badly).

DSCF0203-1.jpg

Finally I made it over to Guest Relations, received my AP and now I was ready to head to Pop Century and pray that at 11:30 in the morning my room would be ready! Now I have to tell you that Stanley (my GPS) was amazing. I don’t know what I would have done without him on this trip. I never got lost once he was 100% accurate and always got me to my destination safely. After about a 15 minute drive, I arrived at Pop Century.

DSCF0210-1.jpg

I once again grabbed Nobby and my backpack and went to check in! This time I decided Nobby didn’t have to stay in his carrying vehicle and I just carried him to the check in desk. Well there was absolutely no line and I walked up and was greeted by a wonderful CM named Janny. She quickly brought up my reservation and then explained to me the Disney Dining plan and gave me a printout of my available credits. She then handed me my KTTW card and a map with my building circled (I was in the 70’s building, RM 6164) and told me my room was ready and I could go make myself at home. I’m pretty sure she was amused when I finally picked up my jaw from the floor, because seriously 11:30 am and my room was ready for me, once again tons of pixie dust was floating down on me!! It was at this time Janny noticed the gentleman standing on her counter, (I really need a soundtrack for my TR when I go into dialogue mode).

Janny: “Does he belong to you?” (I look to whom she’s pointing at)

Me: “Oh, why yes this is Nobby my companion. It’s his first time to Walt Disney World, we’re both really excited.”

Janny: “First visit, uh?” “Well then he should get one of these?”

Janny then reached into some drawer and proudly handed me a 1st Visit pin. That’s right even Nobby was invited to celebrate at Disney. Here’s a picture we took when we got to the room of Nobby with his 1st Visit pin…he proudly displayed his pin on his carrying vehicle throughout his entire stay.

DSCF0215-1.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Chapter 3 Continued Here

Well Nobby and I decided to unload our luggage (he packs way lighter than me) and freshen up before heading to EPCOT. I ended up really like the location of our room; it was very quiet and had easy access to the parking lot. Here are a few pictures of our room…I will post more of the resort in later chapters.

DSCF0852.jpg

My Building

DSCF2128-1.jpg

My Room Number

DSCF2127-1.jpg

The Bed

DSCF0846-1.jpg

The Décor in the Room

Well besides a clean room, something else was waiting for us! I heard about these mysterious offers that sometime show up, however I had never seen one. I still don’t really believe pin codes exists (okay that’s not true because I’m going back in October because of one really nice pin code, however I have never seen one in real life LOL) and until this trip I didn’t believe bouncebacks really existed either. However, I was given proof as I walked in and found this sitting on the table waiting for us.

DSCF0213.jpg

After about an hour, Nobby and I decided we were refreshed enough and it was time to head to EPCOT. Why EPCOT?? Well you see Nobby and I had a special date with some princesses in Norway for dinner and we didn’t want to be late, besides we might get a few rides in. We also wanted to check and see how long the line for the Disney Visa Rewards Character Meet would be and try to do that before our dinner reservations. So I put Nobby back into his carrying vehicle and we headed off, however we had to take one last photo before leaving for EPCOT.

DSCF0860-1.jpg

See...Pop Century agrees with me…no one should be swimming in January when it’s so COLD outside and I have the sign to prove it LOL!!!!

Coming up Next: Our First Night at Disney: My Most Magical Character Experience and Nobby’s Most Magical Character Experience

Nobby is so darn cute.

And I know what you mean about the perfect hoodie. Having in fact purchased...ahem...several over the years. All, Disney, mind you. I don't wear none Disney hoodies. :snooty: :lmao: Okay, well, hardly ever anyway.

Yay for your room being ready! How cool was that?

I can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Nobby is so darn cute.

And I know what you mean about the perfect hoodie. Having in fact purchased...ahem...several over the years. All, Disney, mind you. I don't wear none Disney hoodies. :snooty: :lmao: Okay, well, hardly ever anyway.

Yay for your room being ready! How cool was that?

I can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

He is such a handsome devil!!! I love my hoodie and so do quite a few of my students I have actually gotten offers to buy my hoodie...as if LOL!!!!

I know I was so shocked when she said my room was ready for me...I was like seriously LOL!!!

I hope to have more up soon...I have 3 chapters and I'm not at my first park yet...HOLY MOLY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter