Hilton Head Island 2-Bedroom

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

We just booked a 2-Bedroom at HHI for April break, 2016! I started vacationing on Hilton Head Island when I was just a little girl (before it was super popular) so we've been to the Island many times. However, we've only stayed on the Disney property once (in 2002). I've got a few questions:

1. When we stayed in 2002 it was in a 1-bedroom and it had the BEST marsh view. We loved it! Are there many 2-Bedrooms with a marsh view?

2. Are the 2-Bedrooms located in just one area, or scattered around the resort? Are they all first floor units, or are there any on higher floors?

3. Any suggestions for great room location requests?

And one last question:

I want to re-do my ticker but didn't see a HHI one. Did I miss it?

Thanks!!

First about the ticker. We love HHI and go every year. I've yet to see a HHI-specific ticker-grumble, grumble. Are you hearing us Mods? We need a HHI ticker! As far as a march view, we always stay in 1 BRs, so I'm not sure I can help. Building 18 had a beautiful march view, but I'm not sure there are 2 BRs there. I've seen the outside of buildings 27 and 29-they look like the views must be really nice. And I've been in building 31-great views, but more water than marsh-specific. But dolphins have been seen from that building a few times!

Building 18-

First about the ticker. We love HHI and go every year. I've yet to see a HHI-specific ticker-grumble, grumble. Are you hearing us Mods? We need a HHI ticker! As far as a march view, we always stay in 1 BRs, so I'm not sure I can help. Building 18 had a beautiful march view, but I'm not sure there are 2 BRs there. I've seen the outside of buildings 27 and 29-they look like the views must be really nice. And I've been in building 31-great views, but more water than marsh-specific. But dolphins have been seen from that building a few times!

Building 18-

Thanks so much for your reply! That's a beautiful view. I'm going to try to find a map of the resort and maybe that will give me a better idea of building options. When I did a search on these boards and looked at a few HHI threads, it seems like building 31 comes up a lot. It must be a nice location!

One more question...Is there a thread dedicated to the HHI resort? I've seen Official Threads for every other resort, even Vero Beach. But none for Hilton Head Island?

We had a 2 BR in Building 31 and loved it! I would recommend requesting a marsh view, top floor. There are lots of 2 BRs throughout the resort; they are not in one specific area. The only buildings I know that don't have 2 BRs are Buildings 11 and 12. Those two buildings consist of 1 BRs and studios (that could be combined to form a 2 BR lockoff but don't since there are so few 1 BRs and studios). Hope this helps!

Hi All,

We just booked a 2-Bedroom at HHI for April break, 2016! I started vacationing on Hilton Head Island when I was just a little girl (before it was super popular) so we've been to the Island many times. However, we've only stayed on the Disney property once (in 2002). I've got a few questions:

1. When we stayed in 2002 it was in a 1-bedroom and it had the BEST marsh view. We loved it! Are there many 2-Bedrooms with a marsh view?

2. Are the 2-Bedrooms located in just one area, or scattered around the resort? Are they all first floor units, or are there any on higher floors?

3. Any suggestions for great room location requests?

And one last question:

I want to re-do my ticker but didn't see a HHI one. Did I miss it?

Thanks!!

We had a 2BR Dedicated room Building 31, Marsh view top floor(which is 2nd floor in this building). LOVED IT! :thumbsup2
Really enjoyed the watching the boats going out in the morning from the deck while having morning coffee!ENJOY!:cheer2:

Attachments

• HHI View from Disney Resort Our Villa Building 31.jpeg
    HHI View from Disney Resort Our Villa Building 31.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 29
  • HHI View of Tour Boat Going  from Disney Resort Our Villa Building 31.jpeg
    HHI View of Tour Boat Going from Disney Resort Our Villa Building 31.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 26
We had a 2BR Dedicated room Building 31, Marsh view top floor(which is 2nd floor in this building). LOVED IT! :thumbsup2
I second that! We were there earlier this month and had room 3122, I thought it had a great view. We saw lots of birds, the occasional dolphin and even a raccoon in the marsh one night! It was a short walk to the pool and convenient to parking. I would definitely request that location again!

I second that! We were there earlier this month and had room 3122, I thought it had a great view. We saw lots of birds, the occasional dolphin and even a raccoon in the marsh one night! It was a short walk to the pool and convenient to parking. I would definitely request that location again!
3122 is the 2BR we were in with the pics in my post! GREAT unit!:cheer2::goodvibes

This was my "marsh view" from our 2 bedroom in building 25 last month:
The marsh is out there! But, it ended up being a perfect location since the kids all wanted to stay in the pool nonstop.image.jpg

We always request buildings 24 & 22. We were in 2411 this time, and it was right outside the pool, but with a marsh view - perfect locations for kids who love to swim in the main pool! But our favorite room was 2412, which we got on our first stay there. You have great proximity to the pool, plus you can look over the playground from your deck (which is great is you have elementary-age kids).

Anyone know the best way to do room requests? (Not using DVC points. Using cash.)

Anyone know the best way to do room requests? (Not using DVC points. Using cash.)
I would suggest CALLING and having your "requests" noted on your reservation. I prefer calling rather than using on line requests.:goodvibes
GOOD LUCK!:wizard:

Thanks everyone for the great insight and the pictures!

I do have one more question. Our reservation is for a "2 Bedroom Villa". Am I safe in assuming that this will be a dedicated 2 bedroom? Or, is there a chance that we'd get a lock-off?

My biggest concern is that we've got 2 teenagers...a boy and a girl. So, we really need the second bedroom to have 2 queen beds (not 1 queen and a pull-out). Plus, we don't need the extra kitchenette. I guess the bottom line is that we really want a dedicated 2-bedroom.

Is this something I need to request?

We are staying under a cash reservation (not points) if that's relevant.

Thanks everyone for the great insight and the pictures!

I do have one more question. Our reservation is for a "2 Bedroom Villa". Am I safe in assuming that this will be a dedicated 2 bedroom? Or, is there a chance that we'd get a lock-off?

My biggest concern is that we've got 2 teenagers...a boy and a girl. So, we really need the second bedroom to have 2 queen beds (not 1 queen and a pull-out). Plus, we don't need the extra kitchenette. I guess the bottom line is that we really want a dedicated 2-bedroom.

Is this something I need to request?

We are staying under a cash reservation (not points) if that's relevant.
If you want two queens in the second bedroom, then you are referring to a dedicated 2br. When you book a reservation using points with DVC, you reserve that particular category. Not sure how it works with a cash reservation but I would be sure to have it noted on the reservation as a request then. HAVE FUN!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

If you want two queens in the second bedroom, then you are referring to a dedicated 2br. When you book a reservation using points with DVC, you reserve that particular category. Not sure how it works with a cash reservation but I would be sure to have it noted on the reservation as a request then. HAVE FUN!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks for posting this question. We will be there at the end of August in a 2 bedroom. I did not see any option when I booked through DVC to specify a dedicated 2 bedroom vs a lock-off? The only option was a 2 Bedroom Villa? Can someone clarify if there are lock-offs.

As I remember, it's VERY rare to get a lock-off two bedroom. I think the only lock-offs are the HA ones in the main building. And those are only used as 2 BRs if someone specifically needs a HA 2 BR. Otherwise, the lockoffs there are used as 1 BRs and studios. There are 5 studios/1 BRs in other buildings (16, 18, 19, 28. and 30) on the first floor, but I've never heard of them being combined to make 2 BRs. Has anyone else?

Thanks for posting this question. We will be there at the end of August in a 2 bedroom. I did not see any option when I booked through DVC to specify a dedicated 2 bedroom vs a lock-off? The only option was a 2 Bedroom Villa? Can someone clarify if there are lock-offs.
When you book through DVC on the website either a 2BR lockoff or 2br dedicated comes up as a choice. Before we had the option of booking on line, those categories were separate when speaking with MS on the telephone.

When you book through DVC on the website either a 2BR lockoff or 2br dedicated comes up as a choice. Before we had the option of booking on line, those categories were separate when speaking with MS on the telephone.

I thought the same thing. I was always checking the RAT and it does come up as a separate option there, but when you go to book online, I only see the option for 2 bedroom villa. There is no distinction when you actually book online between dedicated and lock-off.

I thought the same thing. I was always checking the RAT and it does come up as a separate option there, but when you go to book online, I only see the option for 2 bedroom villa. There is no distinction when you actually book online between dedicated and lock-off.
I just went into DVC website as if I was making a reservation. Put in some arbitrary dates for feb 2br. When it comes up 2 different units come up as 2br with one description as 2br 1 king 2 queens..that is dedicated. The other lists description of a 2BR lockoff. Don't know why description doesn't say dedicated anymore but 2 different booking categories still there for hhi.Good luck!:wizard:

I stayed there in December and was in 1411. It was a 2 bedroom villa and had a complete bedroom and bath on each side of the villa. The master had a king size bed and the 2nd bedroom had 2 queen beds and a bathroom within the room. Both bedrooms had porch/balcony access. This villa also had a beautiful marsh view. Trying to find a picture to share. It wasn't on the ground floor (you went up some stairs to get to the door) but it was the first floor. There was a unit above mine that I am sure was identical. If I find the picture I am looking for I will add it!

I loved this resort so so much!

I just went into DVC website as if I was making a reservation. Put in some arbitrary dates for feb 2br. When it comes up 2 different units come up as 2br with one description as 2br 1 king 2 queens..that is dedicated. The other lists description of a 2BR lockoff. Don't know why description doesn't say dedicated anymore but 2 different booking categories still there for hhi.Good luck!:wizard:
That is very strange! I literally just went into the DVC online booking system, and selected HHI for check-in 3/5/2016. In the "Room Type" drop down, I am only given four choices: Deluxe Studio, 1 Bedroom Villa, 2 Bedroom Villa and 3 Bedroom Grand Villa. I do not have two choices for 2BR, as you say you are getting. Maybe it has something to do with the browsers we are using? [FYI I am using Internet Explorer.]

When I select the room type 2 Bedroom Villa, the description is for 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter