Hight requirement enforced at RSR?

Rubygoose

Everybody's got a laughing place
My 2, almost 3 year old loves Lightning Macqueen, but is only 37 inches tall. We our trip is in two months, and I doubt I can do anything to make him grow 3 inches in 2 months! Do they strongly enforce the height requirement on this ride, or would I be able to sneak him on? I know he would be really upset if DH, DD and I did parent swap and he didn't get to ride. Is there a good giftshop nearby that I can distract him with while Dd and Dh ride?

The height requirements are there for your child's safety. No, you won't be able to sneak him on. And if you did, the seat belt wouldn't fit him properly.

There are several gift shops in the area where you can distract him.

They strongly enforce the height requirements, the times that I have gone there have been kids that were ALMOST tall enough to ride, but did not get to cause they were not tall enough. They are also known to have kids take off their shoes if they think they are trying to 'cheat' by wearing shoes that make them look taller. Height Requirements are there for a reason. Hopefully he grows 3 inches! You never know, sprinkle some pixie dust :) if not, there are a lot of gift shops around... maybe get him one of those cone thingies (they look cool, but I've never ordered food from that place... maybe I'll get a drink sometime lol)

The hight requirement is strictly enforced for your child's safety. Sorry if this sounds harsh, maybe because when I was growing up my parents were very harsh with me, but disappointment is part of life. We can't always have what we want. RSR is not going anywhere. Your child will be able to ride it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Even when they are tall enough to ride, they still might not be tall enough to ride.

Also remember that just because you measure your child at home and he is 40" does not mean that he will be tall enough to meet the 40" height sticks at the ride.

Can you imagine if a parent snuck their child on a ride and they were hurt. They would file a lawsuit so fast your head would spin.

I would NEVER try to sneak a child that was under the height requirement onto a ride at any theme park. If your child isn't securely fastened he could be injured during the ride, it goes fast. Please, consider your child's safety and not just the fact that he will be disappointed and might throw a fit.
That said, yes, they are strict with the height requirement (as they should be!) and no, your child will not be allowed to ride if he does not meet the height requirement.

My DS just turned 3, and is 40.5 inches tall. They checked his height at 3 different areas of the line - when we entered FP return, when we hit the point where the standby and FP line meet, and right before we actually boarded. I also have to give a warning - he got frightened when the cars took off for the race at the end, and tried to slide down in his seat. With only a lap belt, there was nothing preventing him from sliding all the way under the belt and down to the floor, other than my reaching down and grabbing him! It was pretty scary, and I think we'll wait a while before taking him on it again.

The height requirements are there for a reason. Please do not try and sneak your child onto the ride. That would be irresponsible.

While I agree with PP's points on safety, since you are a parent I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't trying to bypass safety but are just asking if the height issue is legit so you can properly set expectations with your kids.

My DS is also 3 and 37" so I understand where you are coming from. For them Cars is huge, its like telling a 5 year old girl that they can't go see the princesses. Because Cars is such a little boy thing I kinda wish they had designed the ride to be safe for smaller kids like most of the rides in Fantasyland and Toontown. But they didn't, so its more of an older kid/adult ride and a lot of little cars fans will miss out.:confused3

I'm hoping DH and I will get to do single rider without my DS noticing we're gone. We'll probably take turns sneaking away while the kids eat at Flo's V8 Cafe. Maybe you take him on the other CL rides (Mater's and Luigi's) while your DD is riding RSR? There are also some shows on the street, and its seems like plenty of ways to immerse them in CL without riding RSR. I know it will take more than a gift shop to keep my DS occupied long enough for the current RSR lines. Also, I believe 37" is tall enough to ride Autopia at DL, so at least you can play up that "driving" experience to make up for it.

There are 2 other rides in Carsland they you can take your younger one on while the others are riding RSR.

You are not in the clear until you are quite a bit taller than the minimum.

My DD waited years to ride Indy. After months of home measuring and anticipation, she was finally tall enough. Next trip, it was our first ride! It was all she dreamed of and more. Later that night we got in line again, she proudly stopped at the entrance to show the CM that she was tall enough w/o his prompting. We waited 40 mins. The loading CM pulled her out of line, measured her and denied her boarding. I totally understood the CM's position and appreciated him enforcing the safety rules. The line started chanting at him to "let her on!" "let her on!", the yelling of strangers made my daughter even more upset, then the silent tears came. She watched her friends get on and he told us where we could sit and wait for them. Another CM came up and offered FP's for ride of choice and said "no sad faces allowed at the Magic Kingdom" I filled out a card for both CM's at Town Hall.

This was many years ago, but DD still sweats it when we get to the end of the line! :rotfl2:

if you are worried about being to small buy your child some lifts for their shoes.
And don't forget to put your kid on the torture rack and stretch them a couple inches. Should only take a couple days.

They are enforced. 3 years ago my dd was on the edge of the height requirement for GRR. When they measured her she just bumped the top of the stick and everyone around cheered.

You never know when your kiddo's can hit a growth spurt. I swear to you, I thought my girls wouldn't hit the 40" mark by November, since I measured them in May, and they were 36" and 37" tall. Well, I measured them 2 weeks ago, and both are 40"! Fruits, veggies, and stretching! haha

But, even if the little guy can't make the height requirement, just explain to him (just as you would if he wanted to ride Indy) that one day when he's a little bit taller he can ride. There are more rides that he can, than rides that he can't. If you're very fearful of his bummed mood, perhaps don't even walk down the very end of Carsland. Let your Husband and oldest trek down there for their ride time, and take your young one on Mater's or Luigi's... if he doesn't see it, he won't fret too much about what he missed. Maybe your husband and your oldest can discuss not bragging too much about the thrill of the ride in front of the little one as well...

Like others said, they definitely enforce the height restrictions. We just came back from DL and our youngest son is 41 inches. They checked his height on every single ride, sometimes two or three times. You'll probably want to prepare him for the fact that he won't be tall enough to ride, and if he does grow before you go, then he'll be thrilled.

I would hope restrictions are enforced. As much as i would love my kids to ride everything they are there for a reason.

While I agree with PP's points on safety, since you are a parent I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't trying to bypass safety but are just asking if the height issue is legit so you can properly set expectations with your kids.

My DS is also 3 and 37" so I understand where you are coming from. For them Cars is huge, its like telling a 5 year old girl that they can't go see the princesses. Because Cars is such a little boy thing I kinda wish they had designed the ride to be safe for smaller kids like most of the rides in Fantasyland and Toontown. But they didn't, so its more of an older kid/adult ride and a lot of little cars fans will miss out.:confused3

I'm hoping DH and I will get to do single rider without my DS noticing we're gone. We'll probably take turns sneaking away while the kids eat at Flo's V8 Cafe. Maybe you take him on the other CL rides (Mater's and Luigi's) while your DD is riding RSR? There are also some shows on the street, and its seems like plenty of ways to immerse them in CL without riding RSR. I know it will take more than a gift shop to keep my DS occupied long enough for the current RSR lines. Also, I believe 37" is tall enough to ride Autopia at DL, so at least you can play up that "driving" experience to make up for it.

Just an fyi, the SR line is usually 45-60 minutes long so your plan to eat at Flo's may not work so well. :) Just so ya know ;)

Just an idea...we packed a ziplock of mini-play doughs (other small toys would also work) and my sons played with them happily at an outside table at Flo's while my husband did SR for RSR after we were done eating. This would be rude if the place is busy, but there were tons of empty tables when we were there in the morning. So something like that might work for you.

Just an fyi, the SR line is usually 45-60 minutes long so your plan to eat at Flo's may not work so well. :) Just so ya know ;)

I know its like that now. I'm hoping the week after Labor day during EE things will be better. Honestly if its that long, and the FP line is still as long as it is now, then we probably won't be riding. But I have heard accounts here of people getting on much quicker through SR. We have the option for FP with Child Swap or SR, or some combination so hopefully I can at least get one ride in. :goodvibes

My DS just turned 3, and is 40.5 inches tall. They checked his height at 3 different areas of the line - when we entered FP return, when we hit the point where the standby and FP line meet, and right before we actually boarded. I also have to give a warning - he got frightened when the cars took off for the race at the end, and tried to slide down in his seat. With only a lap belt, there was nothing preventing him from sliding all the way under the belt and down to the floor, other than my reaching down and grabbing him! It was pretty scary, and I think we'll wait a while before taking him on it again.

Only the middle seats only have lap belts. The others have shoulder belts. Worth knowing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter