Hi there from Connecticut!!

Actually my fiance and I are getting married at Sea Breeze Point on the 9th!:goodvibes

Congrats on the Disney Wedding!

Big Y has amazing produce, but sometimes it's just too big. Mystic McQuades is just the right size and only about 4 minutes from my dd's school and 4 minutes to home. Perfect!

Kaybear - I would also recommend the Crystal Palace in MK for lunch. During the summer, it's really nice to get out of the heat and crowds and sit down in the AC for an hour. The Pooh characters come to your table and the kids have alittle one on one with them. Great photo ops! The food isn't too bad either. It will take a sit down meal credit on your dinning plan, but it's a good option for your MK day. Then chill out by the pool and do pizza take out for dinner! After a day at MK in the summer, you need some time to relax by pool!

Snow day tomorrow in Mystic? My dd is certainly wishing for one!

Howdy neighbor! :wave: I'm in Stratford! Ready for the snow??? :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are going back sooner than you thought! My brother is in the Marines and he usually comes to WDW with us but he thinks he might be getting deployed :crazy2: which means he won't be able to come! I hope he can! What a shame it would be if he can't take advantage of all of the Military discounts Disney is offering right now! We'll see, I guess!

I'm also from Ct, but! :wave2: I'm all the way on the other side of the state, near New Haven and Bridgeport! :coffee: I am SOOOO excited to go to Disney!!!!! :cheer2: I CAN'T WAIT!!! pixiedust: :cool1:
Hey Carol! We are pretty close! When we went to WDW in March, our server at Yak & Yeti was from Hamden lol I couldn't help thinking to myself "it's a small world after all...." :rotfl2:

Congrats on the Disney Wedding!

Big Y has amazing produce, but sometimes it's just too big. Mystic McQuades is just the right size and only about 4 minutes from my dd's school and 4 minutes to home. Perfect!

Kaybear - I would also recommend the Crystal Palace in MK for lunch. During the summer, it's really nice to get out of the heat and crowds and sit down in the AC for an hour. The Pooh characters come to your table and the kids have alittle one on one with them. Great photo ops! The food isn't too bad either. It will take a sit down meal credit on your dinning plan, but it's a good option for your MK day. Then chill out by the pool and do pizza take out for dinner! After a day at MK in the summer, you need some time to relax by pool!

Does your daughter go to Dean's Mill or Northeast Academy? Just wondering. we might have met if she goes to Northeast. My son hates it when there is no school on Thursdays(its art day) so he is stoked he may get to stay home tommorrow. he says he doesn't like wednesdays because there is no special that day
I am doing Crystal Palace for dinner after my wedding! Something to keep the kiddies happy! I heard its excellent! I am actually mainly doing it because I want to see "WISHES" that night! And hopefully Spectro magic!

Howdy neighbor! :wave: I'm in Stratford! Ready for the snow??? :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are going back sooner than you thought! My brother is in the Marines and he usually comes to WDW with us but he thinks he might be getting deployed :crazy2: which means he won't be able to come! I hope he can! What a shame it would be if he can't take advantage of all of the Military discounts Disney is offering right now! We'll see, I guess!

Hey Carol! We are pretty close! When we went to WDW in March, our server at Yak & Yeti was from Hamden lol I couldn't help thinking to myself "it's a small world after all...." :rotfl2:

I didn't know they did military discounts! I knew about shades of green but they have discounts for it? My sis's hubby is in the army and i am hoping they can make it to my wedding. Do you know what the discount is for and what dates?
my sis and her hubby are worried that he may get deployed again too. He was in Iraq for a while but got sent home on medical. He was 50 yards(i think or maybe 50 feet i cant remember) from a car bomb and got hit with shrapnel in his leg.

Tinkerlisa - military discount is a new offer they are currently having. I think it is quite a nice % off. I think you can find more details on the forums home page at the top. I hope he is recovering from his injuries. I can't even imagine the stress and worry. Please send him our prayers and I hope he can make it to your wedding. CP for dinner will be wonderful. It is so much fun for the kids (and adults). The Pooh gang has always been a favorite of mine (next to Tinkerbell of course).

My daughter goes to an independent school in Stonington called Pine Point. It's a wonderful school! We are also lucky to have a great public school system in our area too! Lets hope the taxpayers don't cut the budget anymore than last year!

Well, the wooden spoon is under the pillow in hopes for a snow day. I even flushed an ice cube for added luck. :scratchin I just do as I am told by the dd!

DH is making our dining itinerary. However, Crystal Palace is the ONLY place I told him we HAD to go. *I* want to dine with Pooh Bear and friends. lol!! My first tattoo was of Pooh Bear. He is my hero. lmao!! So we will definitely be dining there at some point.

Good morning fellow Connecticut Disers. I am a Ct. transplant, have lived here 38 years. I live with my DH about 15 miles from New Haven in a small town. I still do not like all the snow and cold weather, but looks like I have to put up with it for another 5 or 6 years until I retire.
Anyway, OP, glad you found the Disboards and hope you get as much information from them as I have in the past few years. Hubby and I have been to Disney about 10 times, our next trip is planned for September, we love it there.
Wish I was there this morning, don't like the idea of going out to clean off the car to drive to work in this messy weather. I know that Floridians complain when the temp gets down to 50 - 60, but right now I would enjoy that!

Tinkerlisa - military discount is a new offer they are currently having. I think it is quite a nice % off. I think you can find more details on the forums home page at the top. I hope he is recovering from his injuries. I can't even imagine the stress and worry. Please send him our prayers and I hope he can make it to your wedding. CP for dinner will be wonderful. It is so much fun for the kids (and adults). The Pooh gang has always been a favorite of mine (next to Tinkerbell of course).

My daughter goes to an independent school in Stonington called Pine Point. It's a wonderful school! We are also lucky to have a great public school system in our area too! Lets hope the taxpayers don't cut the budget anymore than last year!

Well, the wooden spoon is under the pillow in hopes for a snow day. I even flushed an ice cube for added luck. :scratchin I just do as I am told by the dd!

I know Pine Point! There was a boy down the road from me who when I was a kid who went there. I actually considered it for my son, but couldn't afford tuition at the time. Now that we are a little better(even in this crappy economy), I feel bad thinking about switching him since he is used to his school. Stonington Public Schools are good I just wish I lived on the Stonington side of Mystic and not Groton!:lmao:

I didn't know they did military discounts! I knew about shades of green but they have discounts for it? My sis's hubby is in the army and i am hoping they can make it to my wedding. Do you know what the discount is for and what dates?
my sis and her hubby are worried that he may get deployed again too. He was in Iraq for a while but got sent home on medical. He was 50 yards(i think or maybe 50 feet i cant remember) from a car bomb and got hit with shrapnel in his leg.

Here is all of the information about the military discounts:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-military.htm#tickets

Wow that is terrible about what happened to him! Thankfully on his first deployment, my brother was not in the middle of all of the "action." Although he said for this potential deployment, he would probably be sent to Iraq :sad2: My prayers are with them all pixiedust:

Welcome to DISboards. Enjoy your planning and up coming trip. Hope you will have a wonderful and memorable trip.

Have a nice and safe trip. :)

Welcome from another CT DIS'er !!!

Were heading to WDW in a few days - Feb 1st - 6th......cant wait !!!

Okay, who in CT is worried that the basement is flooding! Four inches of snow and six hours of down pouring rain has made me crazy. Now on top of that, add a small stream starting at the bottom of the bulkhead :crazy2:

Tinkerlisa - if you ever want a tour of the school let me know, I'm the president of the parents association. They "got" me good!

Mouse511 - have a great trip. Give us a report when you get back!

Hey wifeofjack, where abouts are you? It sounds as if you and I may be close to each other. I'm in Ansonia...

Hi Carol23, I'm in Naugatuck. My daughter works in Ansonia. The bank that I work for has a branch office in Ansonia.

Welcome to the DIS boards and yeah another from CT. I'm in Shelton so close to wifeofjack and carol32 :wave2:

guess that's not surprising when we live in a state as small as CT.

My husband went to Dean Mill. He grew up in Stonington just down the street from Pine Point. We were actually married in the Borough and live in Stonington until his family got a bit overbearring :rotfl: My BIL worked for McQuades for years during high school/college but the one in Westerly.

Pine Point is a great school. We are hoping our 6th grader gets into the WIlliams School for next year. Our other 3 goto a charter school that goes through 8th grade so they will stay there.

Off to sand the driveway...

collcass - Stonington is a great town. We have our issues (town budget) but it's a great place to raise a family. My dd is only in 3rd grade so she won't be at Williams for a few years. I refuse to let her go to boarding school (ask me again in 5 years!) as she is my only one.

Do your other three kids go to the school in New London or Norwich? No shorten school day today. The headmaster is holding out. The snow is just starting to stick but it is very light, so no worries.

Kaybear, how are the plans going!

I am a little nervous that they haven't called an early dismissal for the schools. The snow isnt sticking but after all my family has gone through this week I dont want another diasater happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter