Hi Folks

Thank you for sharing with us. It sounds like it was a beautiful service. :grouphug:

Kim

Kevin & Alex, thx a mint for sharing with us again, at a very tough time. It is heartening to know that "outsiders" can immediately recognize the depth of love that Dis'ers have for Bawb - he was a wonderful man.

I just saw this site's slideshow tribute to Bawb - it had me in tears again, and my thoughts were with Bob's family & the Dis team earlier today.

:grouphug:

Thanks so much for sharing Kevin and Alex. You have all been in my thoughts today as you memorialized a great man. Your update really means a lot to me and I'm sure to other Dis'ers as well, while it has been great to be able to mourn here on the boards it's so lovely to hear about his service. Again, thanks so much, I'm really blown away by how much Bob meant to me and others here on the boards, what a testament to him as a wonderful human being! :grouphug:

Kevin thanks for letting us know you are ok. I know that today must have been exhausting for you. Wish that we could be with you all tomorrow.:grouphug:

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this Kevin and Alex. I was hoping someone would come on and tell us how it went and how you all were doing. I bet Pete's eulogy was truly amazing!

I spent much of today thinking about you guys. It sounds like it was a beautiful memorial to a wonderful man. I am sure Bawb was looking down with a great big smile. :hug:
I wonder if we could get an angel smilie?:confused3

Kevin and Alex -

Personally, thanks to both of you for taking the podcast crew lead and coming here this week to talk to us and inform us. I know how hard it has been for you to do this and I really appreciate it

I want to second that sentiment... We know that you all have had alot to deal with this past week and the fact that you have continued to be here to answer questions and provide information and support to a bunch of strangers (I know we are more than that but in reality that is how you could look at us). It really means alot to me and to all of us so Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing. It sounds beautiful.

Can I ask what songs were played? I would just like to hear some of them.

Thanks for posting. Like many others I spent the day thinking about you all and the Varley family. :grouphug:

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart
We Go On (from Illuminations)

There was another one and try as I might, I can not think of it.

It will come to me...propbably at 3:00am. If I think of it, I will let you know.

I'm not sure who picked the music, but they did an awesome job.

Kevin

Thank you for sharing. Pete has always been very well spoken, and I'm sure that he did a beautiful job talking about Bob.

Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart

It will come to me...propbably at 3:00am. If I think of it, I will let you know.

Kevin

Kevin, those are great songs. Who picked the song to go with the memorial on the website? It's beautiful.

Best of Friends
Circle of Life
You'll Be In My Heart

Kevin

Thank you for answering Kevin.

It sounds awesome.

Hugs to you:hug: My thoughts have been with you guys all day.

Kevin, those are great songs. Who picked the song to go with the memorial on the website? It's beautiful.

I believe that was Corey and Will.

We had all just seen Wicked Sunday night and while I had no part in picking the music, I think it was an inspired and awesome choice.

I just saw this after getting home this evening and I will tell them tomorrow how great I think it is.

The name of the song is "For Good"

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you:

I cant think of a song that states it better.

Thank you so much for sharing with us Kevin. I will also be with you all in spirit tomorrow. I have been praying for all of you and Bob's family. Hugs to you all. :hug:

Angie

Kevin, that is the most beautiful and fitting song for Bob's memorial. Thanks so much for sharing. My best to you and your family.

I believe that was Corey and Will.

We had all just seen Wicked Sunday night and while I had no part in picking the music, I think it was an inspired and awesome choice.

I just saw this after getting home this evening and I will tell them tomorrow how great I think it is.

The name of the song is "For Good"

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
But because I knew you

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you:

I cant think of a song that states it better.

Thanks for the words . After I found out what song it was, I downloaded it on itunes. I've probably listened to it 20 times since.

I first went to the dis main page today and saw the photo tribute and heard this song there-----it's breathtaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter