HHN 2016 & The Houses Are...

I'm still kind of hoping for an Evil Dead one this year because of the Ash vs Evil Dead show. It was a rumored on something I read awhile ago.

The series was an unexpected treat! Thought it would be a throw away, not up to par with the movies.

My husband would LOVE an Evil Dead house!

Since i have never been I dont know what to even look forward to. Part of me wants to rewatch all these horror movies but the other part of me thinks I should just wait and get immersed in them at HHN. My teen is the one who is set on going the rest of us are just tagging along for what i expect to be a crazy night. I have never been in a halfway decent haunted house LOL

A great excuse to watch them again. good idea to warm up beforehand lol

Didn't they do a classic monster house during HHN 20? The black and white one? And then in 19 there were 3 houses based off classic Universal monsters; Dracula, Frankenstein, and Wolfman. Then there was the icon house that had omages to Phantom of the Opera.

Edit: HHN 22, Universal's House of Horrors. I knew it was one of the years I missed. I've only been going since 19.

Yes, they've had them, mostly well done. Certainly, worth a re-visit as much as TWD, the classic houses were, well, classic :thumbsup2. Oldies but goodies & proof you don't need to roll out buckets of blood to put on a good scare...not that I don't appreciate Carrie lol.

OT but speaking of Carrie, Mr. King has a catalog of creepy characters that could be mined for a great house. Still think a Dr Who one, complete with the aliens would make for a novel house, complete with an "authorized" weeping angel. Would pack in droves of whovians. I'm not holding my breath as to #1 idea, but think the concept is sound on Dr Who, especially since merchandise is already sold in park as to a remote tie-in.

the studio was built upon the success of the monster flicks, they should pay homage more throughout the parks and during HHN. Do not mention monsters cafe to me, their food is an insult to the decor:rolleyes1

Last edited:
There's a HHN podcast that had Aiello and he could neither confirm nor deny that they have talked with the BBC people about a Who house. Take that how you wish.

I'm sure they've bandied about a King house too, but I think I remember reading that King doesn't want a haunted house based on his works? I don't know why, I guess he's just over protective? Kinda like whoever is in charge of the rights for Scream. From what I hear, when Hollywood wanted to do Scream they were only allowed to use material from the 4th movie since it had come out recently. And then the Scream house that almost happened last year, that was replaced by The Purge. Apparently UO wanted to have it based of the first or all the movies, but the rights holder wanted only wanted them to use the TV show since it was current.

I would imagine something similar with Who, since it's not really a "horror" show.

My husband would LOVE an Evil Dead house!

Since i have never been I dont know what to even look forward to. Part of me wants to rewatch all these horror movies but the other part of me thinks I should just wait and get immersed in them at HHN. My teen is the one who is set on going the rest of us are just tagging along for what i expect to be a crazy night. I have never been in a halfway decent haunted house LOL

you will be blown away once you go to hhn.....
they put money into it all.

if you do the UTH in the daytime, you will see all the houses with the lights on and get a detail info on the background of the meaning of them.

i am completely and totally addicted to hhn..
this will be my 18th year of going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter