HH worth it if only one night?

nvrenoughdisney

Mouseketeer
Planning a future trip and thinking of stopping one night at Hilton head on our drive home from WDW. We would probably arrive early afternoon and leave the next morning. We would mainly be looking to spend a little time unwinding at the beach and going out to dinner. Would it be worth it if we only have one night to spend there? I think I read the beach house is about a mile away, so I wasn't sure how time consuming it would be to get to the beach and get back. We would have a car but I don't know if there's any parking at the beach. Thanks!

We've done it before, but not at the Disney resort (there was no availability--it was a spur of the moment idea). It was a great way to break up our drive and spend a relaxing afternoon/evening on the beach at the end of our Disney trip.

We stopped there for a night on the way to WDW last winter - just to see what it was like. It was about 25 miles off I95. Though it was pouring down rain, seemed like a really cool place. We didn't go to the beach, but saw there is a shuttle that goes back and forth from the main resort area. There was a walking / bicycling path to the beach, I think they said it was about a mile. Hopefully someone who knows more about the resort will respond to your questions.

We stayed at HHI for the first time over Easter and loved it! I think you will find you want more time there, but if you want to break up the trip home, it's a beautiful resort. The beach is probably less than 5 minutes by car and there is plenty of parking. The shuttle stopped running at 5:00 when we were there, so take your car if you want to stay later.

Laurie

Sure, one night is a good way to "test the waters". We've done that lots of times at different resorts-done a one night stay to see if we like it, and if we do, we then make a longer trip sometime. Although we LOVE HHI, go there for over a week every year, it's kind of a slower pace than WDW and it isn't on the ocean (although we think the marsh location is great). And driving at night is….let's say, a challenge. So I admit that it's not for everyone (just most people, including us).

Planning a future trip and thinking of stopping one night at Hilton head on our drive home from WDW. We would probably arrive early afternoon and leave the next morning. We would mainly be looking to spend a little time unwinding at the beach and going out to dinner. Would it be worth it if we only have one night to spend there? I think I read the beach house is about a mile away, so I wasn't sure how time consuming it would be to get to the beach and get back. We would have a car but I don't know if there's any parking at the beach. Thanks!
IMO it's not worth it as described. Unless you can arrive fairly early AND stay later the next day the hour each way out of the way would not be worth it to us. That's doubly true if the night would be a Fri or Sat night.

We've done this several times and always loved it. It's good if you can time it so that you get there early enough on your arrival day to enjoy the resort a bit. Once, we stopped on New Years Eve. Got there after dark, but still had a great time ... Stopped at the Kroger close by, cooked dinner in the villa, went to the hot tub for a bit, got a DVD to watch, and enjoyed the New Years countdown by the marsh. The next morning we drove over to the beach and walked on the sand for a bit before driving on to Orlando. It truly felt like an extra vacation day rather than a random hotel one-nighter. We have been known to get there by 4, have time to play a game of pool in the lodge or swim, then walk over to have dinner across the bridge. We really love this resort and it's well worth the half hour drive off 95 for us. In fact, we are staying there for 3 nights this summer with extended family on our way to Orlando...paying cash because there was no points availability for the nights we wanted. We can't wait!

It is so worth it!!!

Beach a mile away is no big deal at all. You can drive your car there or take the shuttle. 5 mins at the most.

And so many great places to have dinner.

Very relaxing place!! You need that after WDW! LOL

I think it depends on what day of the week and the time of the year. We love HHI. The Disney resort is gorgeous and relaxing. In the busy times of year the traffic can be quite bad to get on the island. Going out to dinner can be crazy during the busy times. We were there the week after Easter which is not our normal time to go and were shocked by how crowded the restaurants were. Skull Creek had a 2.5 hour wait at 5pm. It was nuts!

It is so worth it!!!

Beach a mile away is no big deal at all. You can drive your car there or take the shuttle. 5 mins at the most.

And so many great places to have dinner.

Very relaxing place!! You need that after WDW! LOL
I agree totally with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter