Here's what a little PIXIE DUST can do ....... a dining review+pics COMPLETED!!!!!

I'm so jealous you were able to eat Palo so many times! :worship: That was absolutely our favorite part of our cruises!

Can't believe I'm so late to the party!! Great reviews, again!!!

Hi Sonya! :flower3: It's great to have you here! I loved YOUR last review :goodvibes and because of you we went to Tony Roma this summer - I made Tom try the ribs and he loved them!! :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous you were able to eat Palo so many times! :worship: That was absolutely our favorite part of our cruises!

We LOVE Palo too! It was so lucky we got to know Michele during the safety drill and that he got us in one more time! :cloud9:

Day 13, Aug 27

When we woke up we were already back at Port Canaveral and it was nearly time to say goodbye to the Disney Wonder.

IMG_2927.jpg

We were scheduled to have breakfast at Parrot Cay, but we skipped it in favour of a quick bite at Beach Blanket Buffet. Unfortunately we all forgot to take photos, but it was nothing really to write home about anyway.

On the way back to our stateroom we met these guys!

IMG_2925.jpg

We checked if we hadn't left anything in the stateroom, and were on our way to depart the ship.

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Mary Ellen and Joe headed for the cruise line bus back to the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and Tom and I went out to the parking lot to load up the car and head to Orlando to stay at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for the next four days.
And this was what we saw once we left the parking lot!

IMG_2939.jpg

Bye, bye boatie!!! C ya next summer!

We drove to Universal, and they even had a room available so we put everything into the room and headed offsite to do some shopping. We came back in the early afternoon and decided to have a late lunch at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co at the Universal Citywalk.

IMG_2940.jpg

Guess what - I had another Strawberry Speckled Lemonade! And it was as good as always - I just wish they would serve something similar here.

IMG_2941.jpg

Tom had a beer!

IMG_2943.jpg

We were both longing for our favourite starter, the Cajun Shrimp, sautéed in a hot and spicy Cajun Butter Sauce. Served with Garlic Bread for dippin'. This is a wonderful dish. The shrimp are juicy and there is lots of hot and spicy butter to be lapped up with the garlic bread. Heavenly!

IMG_2945.jpg

Tom had Mama Blue's Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp, with hot and crispy Fries and Cocktail Sauce for dippin'. This is a huge helping and it is soooo good!

IMG_2944.jpg

Yip, I had them again! The Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp served with Cajun Marmalade and Fries. This is my ALL time favourite there. Huge shrimp covered in coconut and dipped in Cajun Marmalade. :cloud9:

After lunch we went to Universal Studios.

IMG_2946.jpg

We went on a few rides and were lucky to get in line for Rip Ride Rockit when the line was only 45 minutes long!

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

And yes, we both are able to ride this on a full stomach :rotfl:

We went back to the room in the late afternoon and got ready for the event of the evening - the Wishes Dessert Party!

Next up - Wishes Dessert Party

Say it isn't so? The cruise is over?

Well, looking forward to the Wishes Dessert Party. Nicki should be here soon for this one. :)

How cool to meet Captain John! Did he rescue that carnival cruise person before or after your cruise? I didn't quite catch the sequence of events :)

I'm sorry your cruise is over, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your Wishes dessert!

Even though our cruise was over and we were VERY sad to leave, we still had 17 days of Orlando vacation ahead of us! AND there will be 3 Wishes Dessert Parties to review :lmao:

Say it isn't so? The cruise is over?

Well, looking forward to the Wishes Dessert Party. Nicki should be here soon for this one. :)

Yip! Our cruise was over, but we had already booked (with discount) another one for 2010 while on board. Needless to say within a matter of days we changed that to TWO more cruises in 2010!
Wishes Dessert Party review coming up this afternoon!

How cool to meet Captain John! Did he rescue that carnival cruise person before or after your cruise? I didn't quite catch the sequence of events :)

It was really cool to meet Captain John AND to have him sign our collectables!

We were even more impressed with him when he rescued that Carnival Cruise person! It must have been the 3rd or 4th cruise after ours and we were glued to the TV at Old Key West for the morning when those news came in!

coming in late but what a thread.

I am really glad you found us and enjoy reading - more reviews coming up later today! :goodvibes

still day 13, Aug 27

Wishes Dessert Party

In the evening we headed over to Walt Disney World. Having those Annual Passes is a real blessing!

We arrived rather late and scored a parking space in walking distance to the Ticket and Transportation Center

DSC_0094.jpg

In no time we were on the Monorail and on our way over to the Magic Kingdom!

DSC_0110.jpg

When I made the reservation I was given a "check in" time. Ours was 9.15 if I remember correctly, so we decided to stroll around for some time before getting in line. BIG mistake!
Once we came back around 8.45 there was a LOOOOOOOONG line all around the restaurant and nearly into Tomorrowland. We got in line, they took our names, ticked us off their list, gave us a little slip of paper with our seating area and handed out wristbands.

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

At 9pm sharp they started letting people in. It WAS 9.15 until we finally made it to the entrance and we were told where to look for our table.
Couldn't find it and found out that the Castmember had sent us to the wrong area and we were actually seated in the front row with a lovely view of the castle.
The tables were all decorated with Mickey shaped "Pixie dust", a centerpiece and a label with the name of the family.

While I was going to get some drinks, to "mark" our table, Tom took some photos of Spectromagic.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

There was NO way to take photos of the buffet itself, since so many others had been at it before, but the good thing was that we KNEW what to do the next day when we had another reservation for the Wishes Dessert Buffet! :rotfl:

I do apologize for the blurry photos, but the light was just not right and these were the best I could do!

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

Okay, let me try to remember what everything was - the yellow glass with the big straw is a Mango Shooter - I am not a big fan of Mangos, but this was nice.
The glass next to it is a Tiramisu (I think, ;)) and the one in front of it had cookie crumbs in the bottom and some kind of cream on top. There is a cannoli, a doughnut hole and a peanut butter cake, can't remember what the small yellowish thing on the left was.

DSC_0137.jpg

Tom's plate - had the same as I had, but he had two fruit tarts as well.

IMG_2960.jpg

Yip, we went back for a second helping. This one had raspberry tarts, a cannoli, a brownie and two chocolate strawberries.
All in all the desserts were yummy. The strawberries were cold and tasty and the raspberry tarts were great. I was too full for the brownie and just had a small piece, but it was soft and chewy and very chocolatey.
They had an array of drinks - tea, hot and cold if I remember correctly, lemonade, water, coffee, no carbonated drinks though. There was plenty of ice to cool down the drinks.

Everyone got up for the fireworks and watched from the railing. Tom and I took a gazillion of photos - here are just a few.

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

After the fireworks they cleared out the place, but we didn't want to join the mad rush and still sat there for a bit before we headed to the exit, rode the monorail back to the TTC and walked over to our car.

After a short drive we arrived at the Royal Pacific Resort and fell into bed!

Next up - breakfast at the Island Dining Room at the Royal Pacific Resort

The Wishes party looks awesome! You guys got some great pictures and those desserts look delicious. I have to admit, I've never been interested in DCL before but I am about to go check it out and get some more information after reading this!! Can't wait for more!

I love your reviews! How did you get so many reservations at Palo?! So jealous.

I miss Disneyland Paris so very much. We lived just 2 hours away by car for the last 2 years so we went several times. :guilty:

Love your Wishes review! Cannot wait to go to this!

DH and I stayed at the Royal Pacific a few years ago, we loved the resort and the dinner we had there was just to die for!

The Wishes party looks awesome! You guys got some great pictures and those desserts look delicious. I have to admit, I've never been interested in DCL before but I am about to go check it out and get some more information after reading this!! Can't wait for more!

We loved the Wishes party - would we have attended three of them if we didn't ;) ?
Actually we thought that our Disney Wonder Cruise was a one time event, but there is so much "pixie dust" on that ship (from the CMs, to the food and the entertainment and and and) that it was really hard to leave the ship. We are now booked on two more cruises in 2010 and today I checked for cruises on the Disney Dream :rotfl2::thumbsup2!

I love your reviews! How did you get so many reservations at Palo?! So jealous.

I miss Disneyland Paris so very much. We lived just 2 hours away by car for the last 2 years so we went several times. :guilty:

I am glad you like my reviews! How did we get to eat at Palo three times? I booked a dinner and brunch online - then we got to know one of the servers there, Michele, and he offered to book us any more reservations we wanted. 3 meals at Palo during a 4 night cruise looked like the perfect deal to us ;)

Where did you live when you were just 2 hours away from DLRP? We love going there - it is a two hour flight from here and all that airmile collecting really pays off, we had several free flights to Paris lately. :goodvibes

Love your Wishes review! Cannot wait to go to this!

DH and I stayed at the Royal Pacific a few years ago, we loved the resort and the dinner we had there was just to die for!

Nicki, there are more dessert party pictures coming up shortly. You will so love it and I guess since you are a party of two there is a HUGE chance you will get a front row seat as well. (Just like Brenda and the three times we went!)

We LOVE the Royal Pacific!
I had a HUGE disappointment at the Portofino Bay Hotel a few years ago and vowed NEVER to go to USO again - well, two years later we were back :rotfl: and ever since we have stayed at RP and enjoyed it very much. I really enjoy breakfast at the Island Dining Room, even though their tea comes close to Nescrap! ;) :rotfl2:

Mmmm, those desserts look good!

:thumbsup2 They WERE good!

Day 14, Aug 28

Breakfast at Island Dining Room

We didn't get up too early the next morning, but we made it to the Island Dining room a little after 9am.

IMG_3011.jpg

Tom had some coffee and a skillet with 3 fried eggs over easy! I can't find the skillet on any menu, maybe it was a day special, can't remember. All I remember is that it was quite a huge helping with 3 eggs and I think it came with toast. The hash was really tasty, the eggs were - well, fried eggs!

IMG_3009.jpg

I had the Crabcake Eggs Benedict - With asparagus and hollandaise. So good! What a start to the day.
I had some orange juice and some tea, but their tea is somewhat gross - tastes yucky!

After breakfast and applying a generous helping of sun lotion we made our way to the Islands of Adventures.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Next up - a quick snack at Thunder Falls Terrasse

I have been enjoying every one of the 16 pages (so far!) of this report...and thank you SO MUCH for the pics of the Dessert Party!! We are doing that in 3 weeks, and am so excited. Those desserts look AWESOME!

I have been enjoying every one of the 16 pages (so far!) of this report...and thank you SO MUCH for the pics of the Dessert Party!! We are doing that in 3 weeks, and am so excited. Those desserts look AWESOME!

I'll post some more Dessert party photos tomorrow - I just uploaded them to Photobucket, but it is already 11.30pm here and I need to have a little sleep before going back to work tomorrow.:scared1:
There are some photos of some more of our plates on day 2 and a few of the buffet itself - it was amazing!
Stay tuned and c ya tomorrow! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter