• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's what a little PIXIE DUST can do ....... a dining review+pics COMPLETED!!!!!

Those cannolis look delicious!! My mouth is watering!

The cannolis were yum! :thumbsup2

Wow! We are doing the Dessert party on 11/30 and I am so excited! Your pics looks awesome and tasty...I would love a mango shooter right now!! Thank you for posting!

It really was a wonderful experience. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! :goodvibes and 11/30 will be here before you know it!

Um, gee, Nick are you excited about this?:rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Did I give myself away? :rotfl:

I am a sweet freak but not a chocolate one so go figure.....I mean if forced to I will eat chocolate :lmao:

Okay, then let me add another vacation destination to your list - come to the country that invented sweet things - AUSTRIA!!!! :rotfl:

Do you think? She best get an early time so she can get her dinner plate. Although those poor people behind her won't find any desserts left. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I might take a tip from Nana and line my purse with a ziploc bag....;)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

Day 15, Aug 29

Lunch at Olive Garden

That day was a shopping day. We went offsite to do some outlet shopping, mostly at the Disney Character Warehouse! :lmao:

One of the perks of going to the US is trying new restaurants outside the "World". For years we have been discussing Olive Garden and finally we had decided to pay it a visit.

We found one on International Drive, which funnily enough was on the Austrian Court - we thought that was a good sign and headed in.

They were not overly busy and we were led to a nice booth and ordered our drinks - Diet Cokes.

Right after ordering we were served these.

IMG_3145.jpg

And a huge helping of bread sticks

IMG_3144.jpg

We were hungy so we decided to share a starter - the Create a Sampler Italiano,
calamari, fried mozzarella and toasted beef and pork ravioli. Generous portion and very good - we were really amazed.

But we should have read the menu more carefully, our main dishes came with a salad - a huge one!

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

Garden salad, topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

I had the Chicken & Gnocchi Veronese, sautéed chicken with traditional Italian dumplings, topped with zucchini, onions and roasted red peppers in alfredo sauce. This was more than just a HUGE helping - it was an enourmous one. I managed to eat about half of it and I was STUFFED!

IMG_3151.jpg

Tom had the Chianti Braised Short Ribs, tender boneless beef short ribs slow cooked in a chianti wine sauce. Served with portobello mushroom risotto and steamed vegetables. Another HUGE helping. But it was really good - Tom managed to eat a little more than I did, but he could not finish it either.

Now we were all set for more shopping!

Next up - dinner at Tony Roma

OMG those dessert buffet items:worship:

cannot get over how fantastic your photos are.

Like you, being from outside the US, we love the outside WDW restaurants too, but for us there are others higher up the list than Olive Garden tbh.:)

OMG those dessert buffet items:worship:

cannot get over how fantastic your photos are.

Like you, being from outside the US, we love the outside WDW restaurants too, but for us there are others higher up the list than Olive Garden tbh.:)

The dessert buffet looks even more impressive in "real life"! ;)

And it looks we are working our way up the list on the outside the "World" restaurants! :lmao:

I've always enjoyed our meals at Olive Garden. I LOVE their breadsticks. :)

We don't have anything similar here and I have always loved their TV ads, so when we passed the one on Austrian Court, we gave it a try! :)
We both really liked the meal and service! And the breadsticks were GOOD!!!! :thumbsup2

We always enjoy our OG meals, too! I really haven't found an entree I LOVED (the fetticini alfredo was decent, I thought--- until I began to make mine from scratch and determined what it really ought to taste like, haha), but the breadsticks, calamari, and salad are all awesome. That white dipping sauce for the calamari (not too sure what it is) is soooo good!
Can't wait for more!

We LOVE Olive Garden....seriously DH would eat there every single day if I let him...we go almost every Sat and Sunday and get the same thing, soup salad and breadsticks, alfredo dipping sauce for me and stuffed mushrooms for DH....and at this time of the year they have the most to die for pumpkin cheesecake with gingerbread crumbles and caramel sauce drizzle....oh boy I am starving!

We always enjoy our OG meals, too! I really haven't found an entree I LOVED (the fetticini alfredo was decent, I thought--- until I began to make mine from scratch and determined what it really ought to taste like, haha), but the breadsticks, calamari, and salad are all awesome. That white dipping sauce for the calamari (not too sure what it is) is soooo good!
Can't wait for more!

We were so amazed that the food at a "chain" restaurant could be so nice. The breadsticks were so good and the salad was huge and they grated the cheese right there at the table!!
I guess we will be back!

We LOVE Olive Garden....seriously DH would eat there every single day if I let him...we go almost every Sat and Sunday and get the same thing, soup salad and breadsticks, alfredo dipping sauce for me and stuffed mushrooms for DH....and at this time of the year they have the most to die for pumpkin cheesecake with gingerbread crumbles and caramel sauce drizzle....oh boy I am starving!

I am so glad that the food review godess :worship: agrees on OG! We should have read the menu more carefully, because when that salad arrived after the starter I knew that there was NO way I could finish my main course, let alone order dessert! :rotfl:

Nicki - news!!! Yesterday I upgraded my free dining next september to the deluxe dining plan!! So I guess there will be "a few" more dining reviews!! :lmao:

Wow that is awesome but I have so many more months to wait for it!

Wow that is awesome but I have so many more months to wait for it!

Don't worry;), I still have another 2 weeks to review here, then in February we are going again - maybe throw in a trip to DLRP or two and August will be here before we know it!
Hey, and we have to plan our cruise :lmao:!

Don't worry;), I still have another 2 weeks to review here, then in February we are going again - maybe throw in a trip to DLRP or two and August will be here before we know it!
Hey, and we have to plan our cruise :lmao:!

Phew, I was getting worried!

I am thinking of starting my pre trip dining report this weekend...but I dont know who the players wil be...either me and Todd and the Poly CL with our set ressies or me and the nieces at the Pop with no ressies at all, just CS (unless I can get some last minute TS that are kid food friendly)

Phew, I was getting worried!

I am thinking of starting my pre trip dining report this weekend...but I dont know who the players wil be...either me and Todd and the Poly CL with our set ressies or me and the nieces at the Pop with no ressies at all, just CS (unless I can get some last minute TS that are kid food friendly)

:thumbsup2 for the pre trippie!!!!

I am hoping for Todd and the Poly CL! I think celebrating your anniversary with your nieces would be great - but I guess Todd would be more fun to celebrate with! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Honestly, I cannot wait for you to start your pre trip/dining report! :woohoo: You, Todd and WDW the perfect match!!

Still day 15, Aug 29

We did a lot of shopping that day, then had a little rest and decided to have another "chain" restaurant dinner.
Tony Roma's was our choice for dinner.

When we arrived at the restaurant there was a line out the door! :scared1: We got up to the podium and were told there was a 10 minute wait - okay, not bad and we actually were seated within 5 minutes.
The server handed us the menu and took our drinks order, Diet Coke, what else. Both of us were not all that hungry so we decided to share a starter.

IMG_3159.jpg

We ordered the Potato skins. Crispy potato skins covered with cheese, topped with chives and bacon pieces, served with sour cream. They were a first for me, so I cannot compare them to anything else, but they were nice fingerfood.

IMG_3161.jpg

Tom got the St. Louis Rib Sampler. A dozen of their St. Louis Ribs featuring four of Tony Roma's Signature Sauces. Original, Carolina Honeys, Blue Ridge Smokies and Tony Roma's Red Hots. It came with fries and was a generous portion.

IMG_3157.jpg

Tom tried them all with the apropriate sauces and gave them a :thumbsup2

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

I had the Caesar Salad with grilled salmon. Fresh Romaine Lettuce tossed in Caesar dressing and topped with shaved Asagio Cheese, croutons and served with grilled salmon. The salmon was cooked quite nicely, and the salad was nice and fresh and hit the spot.

We didn't want dessert, because we had something else in mind.

Next up - Krispy Kreme, the story continues!

Krispie Kreme? I could eat a dozen of those hot off the rack babies!

............. and still day 15, Aug 29

Since we were already on I-Drive we decided to end the evening with another treat.
So we went to Kissimmee to find out if the "Hot Now" sign at Krispy Kreme was on or not! It was ON!!

We parked the car and got .......

IMG_3167.jpg

Well, not just a box but ..........

IMG_3168.jpg

these wonderful things, hot and fresh off the belt!!

Even though we were stuffed we HAD TO :rotfl2: have one (and then another one) right there and then.
Tom wanted to try some of their coffee

IMG_3166.jpg

but he did not like it either :scared1:. We are used to the stuff they brew here in Austria!!

Next up - lunch at Universal Studios at International Food and Film Festival

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter