Here's what a little PIXIE DUST can do ....... a dining review+pics COMPLETED!!!!!

More great updates!! Those nachos look fantastic, and I've always wanted to try the GFC! Definitely think I'll have to try the Cantina next time

More great updates!! Those nachos look fantastic, and I've always wanted to try the GFC! Definitely think I'll have to try the Cantina next time

We loved those nachos - so good! And the GFC is definitely a hidden gem! :thumbsup2

Still day 19, Sept 2

Another shared lunch at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

Once we had finished our shared lunch at Cantina de San Angel we strolled through the Mexican Pavillion and did the boat ride. Then we walked on to Norway and did the Maelstrom ride before we decided to share another lunch at the Kringla Bakeri og Cafe.

IMG_3330.jpg

We decided to share a freshly made toasted ham and cheese sandwich, which was huge and delicious!

IMG_3332.jpg

The sandwich came with either a bowl of soup or some salad. We chose the salad. It was fresh and quite a big salad, but that was it, a salad in a plastic container.

IMG_3331.jpg

Our dessert was the Kringla Sweet Pretzel. We had the chocolate one

IMG_3333.jpg

and Mary Ellen and Joe had the same sandwich and the almond Pretzel. Actually we did not like either pretzel, but at least we have tried them.

So what did we actually cost Disney?
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe = $ 19,40
5 CS credits = $ 88,90 (18 CS credits remain)
2 TS credits = $ 80,80 (22 TS credits remain)
Riverside Mill = $ 7,00 (22 snack credits remain)
all in all = $ 196,10

Next up - dinner at Sanaa

Wow, we didn't even peek in Norway's CS and I wish we had!! There's nothing better than a fresh grilled cheese with ham-- I wonder if you guys were lucky to get one hot and fresh or if they're always made to order!

Wow, we didn't even peek in Norway's CS and I wish we had!! There's nothing better than a fresh grilled cheese with ham-- I wonder if you guys were lucky to get one hot and fresh or if they're always made to order!

They ARE always made to order! Very yummy sandwiches! :thumbsup2

Great pictures - thanks for sharing
I would never have really thought about eating at the CS in Norway but that sandwich looks really good and fresh and would make a wonderful afternoon snack :)

Congratulations on booking your flights! When will you be there? For us Lufthansa is the only choice - they fly out of our home town via Frankfurt and it is the easiest way to go - otherwise we would have a 2 hour train ride and a bus ride to the airport in Vienna - no thanks!

mmmmm, more great pics. so hungry now:rolleyes1

we're flying into Miami from LHR, and will make our way up via Ft Lauderdale and Naples and possibly Clearwater, probably get to Orlando around the 11th/12th, for 10/11 nights:thumbsup2.

Disney UK site has some good free dining deals again, so might do 5 nights onsite, and then want to stay at Universal, and then prob JW Marriott for some chill out time at the end.....where is the CSR thread you've talked about?

I'm so hungry! I have nothing in my house that looks anywhere near as good!

Can't wait to hear about Sanaa!

Yummy looking sandwich and those pretzels look huge! :)

The pretzels are a bargain - easily to share between two people.

Great pictures - thanks for sharing
I would never have really thought about eating at the CS in Norway but that sandwich looks really good and fresh and would make a wonderful afternoon snack :)

The sandwiches are such a nice change from the usual burgers, wraps and chicken fingers! They were yummyyyyyyyyyy!

mmmmm, more great pics. so hungry now:rolleyes1

we're flying into Miami from LHR, and will make our way up via Ft Lauderdale and Naples and possibly Clearwater, probably get to Orlando around the 11th/12th, for 10/11 nights:thumbsup2.

Disney UK site has some good free dining deals again, so might do 5 nights onsite, and then want to stay at Universal, and then prob JW Marriott for some chill out time at the end.....where is the CSR thread you've talked about?

Here's the link to KatMark's thread! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2232763
Hope you decide on going to the Keys next summer - it is wonderful there!

I'm so hungry! I have nothing in my house that looks anywhere near as good!

Can't wait to hear about Sanaa!

Hope you had something yummy to eat in the meantime! ;) Sanaa review coming up shortly!

.......... and still day 19, Sept 2

Dinner at Sanaa

We spent some more time at Epcot, rode a few more rides, then drove over to Old Key West and spent a relaxed afternoon with Mary Ellen and Joe.

After driving them to their resort, they stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, Tom and I drove to the Animal Kingdom and went on the Safari and rode Everest a few times, then went on It's tough to be a bug and had a lot of Photopass pics taken.
We left the Animal Kingdom around 8pm to drive to Kidani Village for our dinner at Sanaa. Once we had parked the car we made our way over to the restaurant. From where we were told to park it was quite a hike!! :rotfl:

We checked in a few minutes early, were handed a buzzer and told that we could go outside and watch the animals which we did. Our buzzer went off just on time and we were led to a table in the middle of the restaurant. Let me tell you the restaurant is stunning!
Tom and I are both adventurous eaters, but African/Indian is not quite my daily routine, so I was a bit sceptic about this restaurant.

IMG_3339.jpg

First thing we noticed was the hidden Mickey on the table! :thumbsup2

We both ordered a Diet Coke and some adult drinks!

IMG_3344.jpg

Tom opted for the African Starr Mojito - Starr African Rum, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa, fresh mint, lime. Tom LOVED it. Me too!! :rotfl2:

IMG_3345.jpg

I had the Kande Coconut Cooler - refreshing combination of Starr African Rum, coconut, vanilla ice cream and orange juice, which I loved even MORE! I love sweet drinks where you cannot taste the alcohol too much and that was just up my street.

As always we shared an appetizer.

IMG_3340.jpg

We ordered the Sampler for Two - Potato and Pea Samosa, Pulled Duck with Red Curry Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower.

IMG_3341.jpg

Potato and Pea Samosa. Had this for the first time and boy, did I like it!! Crisp shell and a spicy filling. :thumbsup2

IMG_3342.jpg

Pulled Duck with Red Curry Sauce. Very yummy duck and the sauce was not overpowering. Very good!

IMG_3343.jpg

And here is my absolute favourite! The Roasted Cauliflower!! I love my cauliflower - not the mush and cooked to death stuff, but with a little crunch and some spice. This was just heavenly. It was spicey and in a batter and went perfectly with the tomato sauce they served it with! Tom had one - I had the rest, I traded my duck for this yummy starter!

IMG_3347.jpg

My main course was the Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce and Beef Short Ribs served with Basmati Rice.

IMG_3348.jpg

This picture does not do the shrimps justice. They were moist and spicy and there was plenty of it. Tom had to help me finish them off!

IMG_3349.jpg

The Beef Short Ribs were fork tender and so well seasoned. Tom had a bite and he loved them too! I would order that dish again in a heartbeat.

IMG_3350.jpg

The Basmati Rice was spiced with some kind of seeds. I THINK the server said it were cumin seeds, but I am not sure! All I can say is ..... I am not a huge rice lover, but that rice I could eat any time!

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

Tom had the Tandoori Lamb Chops! Not only was this a huge helping, but it was cooked perfectly and it was to die for!

IMG_3356.jpg

For dessert I chose the Cardamom-Butter Cake, Orange Supreme with Saffron Syrup, a recommendation from our server.

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Tom had the Chai Cream.

Did we like our desserts? Hmmmmmmm .................

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were both disneyliscious!!!

We were just so stuffed when we wobbled back to our car and drove back to Old Key West. There is something about the "Welcome home" greeting there that makes me SO happy. We sat out on our balcony with a glass of Silverado for me and some beer for Tom for quite a while, before we both fell into bed!

So what did we actually cost Disney?
6 CS credits = $ 108,30 (18 CS credits remain)
Sanaa = $ 59,10
2 TS credits = $ 80,80 (20 TS credits remain)
Riverside Mill = $ 7,00 (22 snack credits remain)
all in all = $ 255,20
(only accounting for the things covered by the DDP!! Not covering any items purchased OOP)

Next up - lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express

Oh my, that dinner at Sanaa looks amazing, I would eat everything you guys ordered! DH is just starting to get adventurous with his palate so maybe next year I can convince him to try it...since we are giving up on Jiko

Whats Next Whats Next :banana:

Wow Sanaa sounds good, those short ribs look delish. Off to go check out the menu now :)

Wow - Sanaa looks fantastic
Your reviews are really great and gives me loads of ideas to visit different restaurants :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter