Here now.....a few observations

Whatever word you use for the way she made that request, it's still an odd thing to do and is not done.

At Walt Disney World it's done all the time and people expect it, especially if they've used Disney's system for declaring that this meal is a celebration for something. Whether or not they should always expect it is another question, but it's Disney itself that's responsible for those expectations. And no call for the server to be rude. We also don't know what the tone of the request was, since the group had already seen others in the restuarant getting the birthday treatment and wanted to know where theirs was. Maybe the server herself misunderstood the request and thought she was being asked to deliver a solo performance.

Maybe the server herself misunderstood the request and thought she was being asked to deliver a solo performance.

Which is what I am saying is not done anywhere. From what the poster clarified, it seems like the server should not have thought they were requesting a solo performance since she was referencing what was going on at other tables when making the request.

Enough with happy birthday.
My question is how are the decorations this year? Better, the same or less than previous years? No one seems to be mentioning this anywhere out here.

My question is how are the decorations this year? Better, the same or less than previous years? No one seems to be mentioning this anywhere out here.

Pretty much the same.

It was hot hot hot today. Ate at tusker for lunch and was very disappointed. When I reserved it we were supposed to get tickets to get into the nemo show. I did not receive a notification that it is now a character lunch where the price is higher and the food quality has gone WAY downhill. This is on our never do again list now. So not worth the money. Our server was decent though.

I think it's lighter than past years. Seems like the walkways immediately inside the main entrances are decorated and then not much otherwise. I've also noticed that many of the decorations not at the entrance are quite a bit faded. My overall observation is that the secondary decorations are showing some age, being retired, and not replace.

Glenn said:

The same really...although we forget it is Christmastime while we are in AK. It does not really look or feel it at all.

Huh? The grandmother requested that the server sing Happy Birthday. Whatever word you use for the way she made that request, it's still an odd thing to do and is not done. None of us know whether the grandma asked in the nicest way possible or was being demanding, so lets not get into something that is unknowable.

OK

When does the Pop Warner group leave? We are checking in Tuesday :cool1::cool1:. We've never run into any BTG's and hoping not to this time either!

Decorations were definitely lighter than in years past. I noticed some things were missing, like the wreaths and garland over Main Street. However, we were there the morning after the parade was filmed, so maybe they took those down for the filming?

My mom also complained that the decorations look outdated. Sad!

Thought I'd chip in with my thoughts....

I've been here since 11/27, the crowds have been light and extremely manageable in my opinion. For example, on Wednesday I never saw Toy Story go over 60 mins all day, it was mainly 45-55mins. ToT and Star Tours were both 10min posted waits, but was more like 5. ToT only had 3 lifts in operation and one side of the pre show before entering the boiler room. To me, that is quiet. RnR had short waits too. MK has been perfectly fine and extremely manageable aswell. PP seemed to peak at 45mins ETWB 20-30mins.Apart from Big thunder, everything else 10-15 mins most of the time. Space Mountain was 10-15mins most of the days aswell!
Tour Groups are slowly increasing each day.
I spent 12/6 at US/IOA and crowds were very, very light. Forbidden Journey never went over 15mins, never seen that before and everything else was walk on. Again, several rides (Mummy Returns) only half of the carts.
Haven't encountered any rude people. There's still the select few who think its ok when exiting fantasmic/main street just before wishes to just stop in the middle and turn around-so annoying.

I'm here now too and I agree with these completely - especially the pin trading.

When it comes to pin trading, you have to realize something. Disney gives CM's a lanyard (or pouch) of 12 pins to wear to trade. CM's usually go to a pin trading window in their respective work location to get pins. Sometimes they get a good batch but often they get a bunch of boring duds. This of course means that if someone trades a cool, rare or interesting pin, the CM will invariably keep it and continue trading the boring ones to newbies, etc. This is just the way it goes. Many times guests get extra pins that are part of a set and CM's (many of whom collect pins just like guests) will be looking for this missing piece and will pocket it placing a boring one in its spot.

Decorations were definitely lighter than in years past. I noticed some things were missing, like the wreaths and garland over Main Street. However, we were there the morning after the parade was filmed, so maybe they took those down for the filming?

My mom also complained that the decorations look outdated. Sad!

Seems I've read they do take the wreaths and garland down for filming. Something about obstructed view and/or camera cranes needing the space to operate.

The tree and garland are back in the MK! We were sad to not see either on Tuesday, but noticed the tree on our walk to the Grand Floridian Thursday and ran right over to the MK.

Don't know who's reporting less crowds. We're here now and I'm amazed at how crowded it is. It's been as bad as some of the summer months I've been here. I was told by a CM at last night's MMVMCP that their turnstile had park attendance at 76,000. Today at Downtown Disney all the parking lots were full. I've been here at this time of year before and practically had the place to ourselves. This year its packed!

We are in dtd right now and this place is packed.

We have been here since the 24th and the crowds have progressively become worse and worse by the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter