Here now.....a few observations

mfd25wife said:
Yes, I know. I was quoting the poster who stated Disney didn't publish that. I was trying to say we were specifically told when we got the tickets.

Ah. A good example of how posts can be misread. Sorry! :goodvibes

Ah. A good example of how posts can be misread. Sorry! :goodvibes

Not a problem. :). We get going so fast, it's easy to do and I may have not been clear.

OTOH, the same CM said if we got there before 4, we had to leave and go back through the front gate for the wristband. I've been once before so was pretty sure they had a few areas set up to get them inside the park at different lands.

We just returned from a week long trip. It was more crowded this year than it was at this time last year for sure. Standing room only on the buses and monorail, which was super annoying. I don't really need to sit and I'm fine standing, but it bothered me a lot to listen to people sitting on the buses make nasty comments about how my toddler was struggling to hang on to the handrails. Thanks a lot?

Most of the Pop Warner kids were fine, but we did run into a few groups that were pretty obnoxious :( Same goes for the BTGs. We had the unfortunate pleasure of having a group behind us for the electrical parade. We were sitting on the curb, and ended up getting stepped on, knee-d in the back, and hit in the head multiple times by the group behind us.

It was a great trip overall, but it did have its less than magical moments.

mfd25wife said:
Yes, I know. I was quoting the poster who stated Disney didn't publish that. I was trying to say we were specifically told when we got the tickets.

Apologies if I got it wrong. I know there have been posts in the pasts regarding MVMCP and MNSSHP asking if they could get in earlier than 7pm. Can't remember, but when I purchased my tickets online it just stated the party started at 7.

Just got back from our week long trip, 1st-8th. Crowds were light at the beginning of the week, but got worse as the week went on. Some rides had long waits, and it was the usual suspects -- Soarin', Toy Story, Everest at times. Test Track was insane. We were lucky enough to ride it on Wednesday night on the soft open. Still waited nearly an hour. Fast passed it the next day and waited about an hour in the FP line, too. It was nutty.

We waited about 30 minutes for a few rides, but overall, didn't wait tooooo long. It was decent. I still found the crowd levels to be annoying, because we go at this time to avoid them entirely.

We couldn't ever eat at Be Our Guest. We got there at about 10:20 on Friday and Saturday, and the line was already back to Under the Sea. Crazy.

Also,I like the Christmas decorations and all, but the constant Christmas music ruined the atmosphere of the parks, IMO. There are only so many times you can hear sleigh ride before you want to stab your ears. Also, no Aerosmith in the queue of RnR really ruins the ride. We love listening to the music before hitting the ride because it puts you in the rock n roll mood. Not so with all the Christmas music in its place. Annoying.

US/IoA wasn't too crowded, but Forbidden Journey was crowded as usual, as was Ollivander's. I would rather come during Food and Wine festival, since there is better food at that time and crowds are similar.

Just got back from a 4 day trip and didn't notice that the crowds were any larger than they usually are for this time of year. I never saw any wait times longer than 30 minutes except for Test Track. I did notice a lot more ECVs and they definitely affected the buses. It seemed like we rode with 1 or 2 of them on every other bus ride. The cheerleaders and PW groups we ran into were all well behaved and only ran into one BTG that I can recall. The weather was unusally warm and only got chilly on 2 of the nights we went out. Overall it was a good week to visit.:)

On all my past trips, I never had trouble with busses until this trip. One day, we wanted to go to DTD after MK, a CM told us our best bet was to take the monorail to Contemporary and then a bus to DTD. Well when we got to the bus stop, there were 3 ecvs waiting to get on plus a swarm of other people and it was obvious we were not going to make it on that bus. So the bus driver told us, take the monorail to poly and then a bus to DTD. so we did that and was basically the same thing, 1 ecv and their family of 6, and then a crowd of people. We got on the bus but had to stand and it was a long ride. All in all, it took us almost 2 hours to get there. In all the 20+ trips I have made to Disney, this was the only time I experienced such bus crowding.

I do not ever begrudge people in scooters, I can't imagine they feel happy about it. There was one lady in line near me talking trash about a guy in one. She was tired and we waited a long time for the bus and then had to wait while he loaded and he could barely steer his scooter. He was a very large man and the woman was disgusted. SHe said it was ridiculous and people in scooters shouldn't be allowed in Disney. When her husband told her to shut up and maybe she will be in that position some day. She said she ran an hour each day and was in perfect health and when she was 90, she will still be in better shape than that guy.

I wish I had the guts to tell her off and I just hope the man did not hear her.

On all my past trips, I never had trouble with busses until this trip. One day, we wanted to go to DTD after MK, a CM told us our best bet was to take the monorail to Contemporary and then a bus to DTD. Well when we got to the bus stop, there were 3 ecvs waiting to get on plus a swarm of other people and it was obvious we were not going to make it on that bus. So the bus driver told us, take the monorail to poly and then a bus to DTD. so we did that and was basically the same thing, 1 ecv and their family of 6, and then a crowd of people. We got on the bus but had to stand and it was a long ride. All in all, it took us almost 2 hours to get there. In all the 20+ trips I have made to Disney, this was the only time I experienced such bus crowding.

I do not ever begrudge people in scooters, I can't imagine they feel happy about it. There was one lady in line near me talking trash about a guy in one. She was tired and we waited a long time for the bus and then had to wait while he loaded and he could barely steer his scooter. He was a very large man and the woman was disgusted. SHe said it was ridiculous and people in scooters shouldn't be allowed in Disney. When her husband told her to shut up and maybe she will be in that position some day. She said she ran an hour each day and was in perfect health and when she was 90, she will still be in better shape than that guy.

I wish I had the guts to tell her off and I just hope the man did not hear her.

That is disgusting. I would be like you, want to tell her off, but wouldn't. Then again, why put fuel on the fire. I guess it never occurred to her, that perhaps that woman may have run more than 1 hr every day, became disabled and that is WHY she is in the scooter, because now her body can't burn the calories she is eating, because she is disabled. It is very difficult to train your body to desire less food than you are used to eating. When you don't have the option of increasing your burn power. But, honestly, I think you did the right thing not saying anything. People like that believe what they think is right. KARMA is all I have to say.

I'm sorry there are so many crowd issues with the buses. We were there in Nov. we rented a van, but our traveling buddies didn't seem to have issues with crowded buses. Although, we usually go the same week, and it did seem busier for most of the week we were there. But, then again Thanksgiving was earlier than usual this year, wasn't it?

Disney is a form of mass transportation. It is to be expected that you will have to wait and, possibly, stand. Do I like that? No one does. BUT, that is the risk you take when you use mass transportation, no matter where you are, with Disney not being the exception.

While there are times that buses run better than others, and it seems, at times, some resorts will have it better than others, it is ALWAYS your resort that waits the longest, it seems, when you have to wait a while. You've all been there... You are staying at POR and you see about 6 CSR buses arrive and leave DHS before your one POR bus shows up with a huge crowd, and you're the first person that has to stand because the person in front of you has taken the last open seat... come on... you have been there!

While I don't like the system they have to load scooters and can get quite impatient, I remember... They may be first on the bus and take up seat space, but they are also the last off. While they are unloading, I may already be inside a park. I am in no place to judge why they must use a scooter, because I know many people who use them and look 'normal', but have extreme pain or other issues that affect endurance. All I know is that there are a few exceptions to the rules out there, and there are some that are just downright rude. With that being said, even people who don't use scooters at Disney are rude or cause some sort of inconvenience. I just don't like that Disney doesn't stick to their rules... the signs say that if your party is larger than 6, they must load with the rest of the bus. Staying at DVC where there tends to be larger parties bc of the type of accommodations available at DVC resorts, it happens more often. I'm not sure why it is not enforced that the large parties must load with the rest of us, resulting in a group of 12 to get seats on the bus ahead of people who may have been waiting MUCH longer than that large group. THAT is what bugs me.

You just have to remember.... you are at Disney World. You aren't at work. You aren't doing housework. And standing on a Disney bus going back to your resort after watching an AMAZING fireworks display is INFINITELY better than sitting in traffic after working all day, and having to do the same thing again the next day. Any bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work.

I'm just saying.

The tour groups wearing light blue are from Argentina, so not a BTG but an ATG.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

ANOTHER one?! For goodness sakes!

I'm sure its out there, but does anyone know when all these groups typically come?

Good to know, but then again, some Disers use BTG to stand for BIG tour group, feeling that the nationality is irrelevant (that it is the conduct of the group, rather than its origin that is the most important factor).

DisneyDudet said:

I'm sure its out there, but does anyone know when all these groups typically come?

All South American groups are labeled as BTG even if they are from Uruguay, Venezuela or Chile. It's just easier to categorized them as one them to take time to find out about where they are from. Loud, disrespectful, do not speak English? Must be a BTG.

The Brazilian groups are usually there for January with a few spilling to February, mid October, all of December and of course July. That's when Brazilians schools are out or having our version of spring break.

minnie mum said:
Good to know, but then again, some Disers use BTG to stand for BIG tour group, feeling that the nationality is irrelevant (that it is the conduct of the group, rather than its origin that is the most important factor).

Some do, but most just clump every tour group together and are sure they are from Brazil.

I agree the nationality has nothing to do with their conduct but most do not.

I just don't like that Disney doesn't stick to their rules... the signs say that if your party is larger than 6, they must load with the rest of the bus. Staying at DVC where there tends to be larger parties bc of the type of accommodations available at DVC resorts, it happens more often. I'm not sure why it is not enforced that the large parties must load with the rest of us, resulting in a group of 12 to get seats on the bus ahead of people who may have been waiting MUCH longer than that large group. THAT is what bugs me.

100% agree. I have no issues with the ECV loading first and that person's spouse and children, but when Aunt Sue and cousin John all pile on with them, it makes me a little crazy. Many of these folks are capable of waiting in line and boarding with the bus. If the line is long and there's a chance they won't be on the same bus, then let them on the bus at the end before the doors shut. I've had instances when families of ECV folks get on and take up half the bus, when it's not really necessary they board before others. But not to turn this into an ECV thread...

PP is correct, but I think they are most prevalent in December/January. Our winter is their summer, which like here, is vacation season.

The two tour groups I ran into on 12/1 and 12/2 were definitely speaking Portuguese rather than Spanish.

I only noticed the Pop Warner kids on the buses, and the ones I encountered were actually pretty nice kids; They did do a bit of roughhousing, but only with each other. And the coaches always stopped them before it got disruptive.

I am one of those ECV/PWC people and most of the time it is just me and my husband but occasionally we will have both girls, spouses and grandsons. When that happens we are a party of 8. When that happens we go as 3 families for the buses. If we all get on the same bus fine. If not the first ones arriving wait for the rest of the group to arrive. We use out cell phones to text a mtg place to those we have not yet arrived. We also split up into 2 groups of 4 and the kids who are to young for the thrill rides stay with Nana and Grandpa so there parents can do the coasters etc

mfd25wife said:
Not a problem. :). We get going so fast, it's easy to do and I may have not been clear.

OTOH, the same CM said if we got there before 4, we had to leave and go back through the front gate for the wristband. I've been once before so was pretty sure they had a few areas set up to get them inside the park at different lands.

I was told this by a CM at City Hall. I knew they had locations in the park to distribute wristbands at MNASHP, so I asked another CM and was told to go to Stitch to pick them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter