Here goes another stupid question - Palo

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I was able to book a Palo reservation for DH and I. :yay: The time is between 6-8.

Now that I've booked, I am wondering what the format of the meal is...do you get to chose what you want or is it a like a prix fixe menu?

How much is the wine pairing? The website just says "additional fee".

Thanks! :)

Also - are we going to miss any of the rotational dining? We have Palo on our 4th night, so since there are 3 restaurants in the rotational dining, I would imagine that we will have already cycled through them all and the 4th night is a repeat? Is that correct?

Also - are we going to miss any of the rotational dining? We have Palo on our 4th night, so since there are 3 restaurants in the rotational dining, I would imagine that we will have already cycled through them all and the 4th night is a repeat? Is that correct?
If your Palo reservation is during your regularly scheduled dining time, yes, you will miss whatever dining room/menu you would have had that night.

Generally the rotation on a 4 night cruise (that's what you're taking?) is 1223. With the repeated 3rd night being Pirate night. The rotational menus will be served on nights 1, 2 & 4.

Sometimes the rotation is 1233. With Pirate night still being on night 3. And the rotational menus on nights 1, 2 & 4.

If I remember clearly the wine pairing was an additional $59, if you do the pairing you follow a set pri fix menu, otherwise you select from the general menu. I did the pairing the last time and it was excellent.

If your Palo reservation is during your regularly scheduled dining time, yes, you will miss whatever dining room/menu you would have had that night.

Generally the rotation on a 4 night cruise (that's what you're taking?) is 1223. With the repeated 3rd night being Pirate night. The rotational menus will be served on nights 1, 2 & 4.

Sometimes the rotation is 1233. With Pirate night still being on night 3. And the rotational menus on nights 1, 2 & 4.

I really want to eat in all of the rotational dining rooms....so ugh...there's a chance that we'll miss one by eating at Palo? Maybe I should skip Palo? :(

I really want to eat in all of the rotational dining rooms....so ugh...there's a chance that we'll miss one by eating at Palo? Maybe I should skip Palo? :(
How about trying the Palo brunch? You won't miss dinner at an MDR and the brunch offers a wide variety of yummy food.

MUN

Just a suggestion--if you're concerned about missing a rotational dining room, you can always wait until you board, get your key to the world card, and check your dining room rotation. If the schedule doesn't work, you can cancel your Palo then or maybe try to schedule for a different night.

Just a suggestion--if you're concerned about missing a rotational dining room, you can always wait until you board, get your key to the world card, and check your dining room rotation. If the schedule doesn't work, you can cancel your Palo then or maybe try to schedule for a different night.

I need to check on the cancellation policy again, since this might be what I need to do.

I know the brunch is a buffet, but all I can pull up on Google is pictures. Can anyone tell me what's served?

Since it's our first cruise I would prefer not to miss any of the rotational dining rooms.

The brunch is more than a buffet. They also have several hot dishes you can order such as Chicken Parm, pizza and a fish dish.

The buffet itself has fruit, desserts, shrimp, bread/pastries, some meats like prosciutto, smoked salmon.

Personally, I would miss a MDR for Palo. Palo is definitely worth it.

For a first cruise, the only MDR I would not miss for Palo is Animators Palate on animated menu day.

I need to check on the cancellation policy again, since this might be what I need to do.

I know the brunch is a buffet, but all I can pull up on Google is pictures. Can anyone tell me what's served?

Since it's our first cruise I would prefer not to miss any of the rotational dining rooms.
There's really no set "menu" for brunch. It's basically (mostly) a buffet-type service, but you also can order entrees.

meat table
palo fantasy brunch meats.jpg
Seafood table
palo fantasy brunch seafood.jpg
Sweet rolls
palo fantasy 2014 brunch sweet rolls & fruit 21025 P1030327 1500.jpg
Dessert table
palo fantasy 2014 brunch desserts 21032 P1030332 1500.jpg
Entrees (these are just the displays - you order these from your server and they are brought to you when you've completed your items that you selected from the buffet)
palo fantasy 2014 brunch entrees 21027 P1030329 1500.jpg
palo fantasy 2014 brunch entrees 21028 P1030330 1500.jpg
palo fantasy 2014 brunch pizza 21029 P1030331 1500.jpg

If I remember clearly the wine pairing was an additional $59, if you do the pairing you follow a set pri fix menu, otherwise you select from the general menu. I did the pairing the last time and it was excellent.
so is that $59 or $89 (30+59) for your meal in Palo? I didn't get a great answer from my server last time in Palo, but I wasn't paying that close of attention since i really was not that interested in the pairing menu.

But I would like to know --- for the next cruise!!!
Thanks.

Thank you Princess Shmoo!!! The buffet looks awesome, but I just checked for brunch times, and whomp, whomp, whomp...nothing.
That being said, we have main dining - so technically, what time is that? I mean, could we just go to our rotational dining meal with the kids for a little appetizer and then go to Palo for 6?

regarding wine. We brought our own on board and took it to Palo. $15 corkage fee (in 2009).

Thank you Princess Shmoo!!! The buffet looks awesome, but I just checked for brunch times, and whomp, whomp, whomp...nothing.
That being said, we have main dining - so technically, what time is that? I mean, could we just go to our rotational dining meal with the kids for a little appetizer and then go to Palo for 6?
Main dining is typically 5:45. That is - when the doors open to be seated. Don't know if there's time to actually get a "little appetizer" (and I'm not sure you should - dinner at Palo is an experience unto itself, don't temper your taste buds with something beforehand)

Palo brunch is only available on sea days, that's most likely why there were no brunch reservations available. I will suggest checking with the Palo dining changes desk once you board (time/location will be noted in the Navigator you get in the terminal), and seeing if they can change your dinner reservation to a brunch one (DCL typically holds some reservations for booking onboard).

Main dining is typically 5:45. That is - when the doors open to be seated. Don't know if there's time to actually get a "little appetizer" (and I'm not sure you should - dinner at Palo is an experience unto itself, don't temper your taste buds with something beforehand)

Palo brunch is only available on sea days, that's most likely why there were no brunch reservations available. I will suggest checking with the Palo dining changes desk once you board (time/location will be noted in the Navigator you get in the terminal), and seeing if they can change your dinner reservation to a brunch one (DCL typically holds some reservations for booking onboard).

Ohhhhh, yeah that won't work.

Well, it looks like I'm just going to have to plan on booking another trip after this one to fit more stuff in! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter