Here goes another stupid question - Palo

It's a tad ambiguous on the website for what the dress code is: Dress pants and shirt are required for men.

That could be read as dress pants and dress shirt are required. But could also be read as dress pants and (any) shirt.

If your experience is that you were allowed into dinner wearing a polo shirt, good for you. For many, that's not "dressy"

JW

It's not my job to go looking for the proof. You made a statement alleging a fact that is not actually 100% fact. The onus is on YOU to provide proof thereof. Palo/DCL have NEVER officially said that polos are okay on their website. Polo shirts are apparently allowed at the discretion of whoever is making the decisions on a particular night. They have a dress code policy that a reasonable person would interpret to mean dress shirts. It is unfortunate that some members of their staff refuse to properly enforce it but that's on them.
Well as you have no fact either. Then it's a stalemate. Good for us.

JW

We love Palo, especially for dinner, but for your first cruise and given that it's a short one I'd suggest forgoing Palo this time unless you can do brunch. We did Palo on our first 4-day cruise and I never got to go to Triton's. We've never cruised on the Wonder since and I regret that I didn't get the chance to eat there for dinner. We did go for breakfast one day (which was a sit down/menu - not a buffet) but it's not really the same.

A trick to booking Palo on a 4-night cruise while not missing one of the MDR's is to book Palo for Pirate night. All the rotations seem to be set up so that the MDR you hit on Pirate night is a repeat.

I do not want to steal the thread here, but I figured this may be the best place to ask a probably very simple question that I just want to make sure I'm understanding right. We're doing our first cruise leaving this Halloween for 4 nights and are considering trying to book Palo. Am I right in understanding the charge is $30 per person (as of right now)? I was thinking it would be much much higher so to see it's "only $30 per person" is a bit surprising since where I live, that's a typical night out at a not crazy fancy place. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row so to speak so if we do book it, we are prepared on our trip with the right budget adjustments. We always bring more than necessary but I am a planner so I like being extra prepared!

All the info in this thread already was extremely helpful!

ETA: Also, what would be the cost per person for brunch? I know it's probably on these boards here but I just can't seem to find it. My boyfriend LOVES Disney brunches!

I do not want to steal the thread here, but I figured this may be the best place to ask a probably very simple question that I just want to make sure I'm understanding right. We're doing our first cruise leaving this Halloween for 4 nights and are considering trying to book Palo. Am I right in understanding the charge is $30 per person (as of right now)?

ETA: Also, what would be the cost per person for brunch? I know it's probably on these boards here but I just can't seem to find it. My boyfriend LOVES Disney brunches!

The cost for Palo right now is $30 per person. This applies to brunch and dinner. If it is $30 when you book it and the price goes up, they normally waive the increased price and just charge what it was when you booked.

I was thinking it would be much much higher so to see it's "only $30 per person" is a bit surprising since where I live, that's a typical night out at a not crazy fancy place.
Keep in mind that $30 is essentially the uncharge from what you would have gotten in the Main Dining Room.

The cost for Palo right now is $30 per person. This applies to brunch and dinner. If it is $30 when you book it and the price goes up, they normally waive the increased price and just charge what it was when you booked.

Keep in mind that $30 is essentially the uncharge from what you would have gotten in the Main Dining Room.

Thank you both so much! We're so excited and I know we won't fit everything in this trip, but I love the planning stage! Oh well just an excuse for another cruise... :cool2:

They $30 is in addition to what you've already "spent" on food. The brunch is a bigger difference "above replacement" than dinner, but I still find them both worth the cost for my wife and me.

The wine pairing is 59 + 30 = $89. I am not a wine drinker, but I have been told that the pairing is nice but not worth it.

Thank you so much TiggerBouncy! I appreciate it! I will try to skip AP this time and next time do it with our son!

Please let me add my own experience to this as it differs a bit. We just got off of our first Disney cruise where we celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary. I am so glad we decided not to skip AP as it was our favorite of all three restaurants. It might not be as romantic but it was still too much fun to miss. I say this only so that you don't dismiss AP right away. Whatever you decide, you will have a great time!

Please let me add my own experience to this as it differs a bit. We just got off of our first Disney cruise where we celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary. I am so glad we decided not to skip AP as it was our favorite of all three restaurants. It might not be as romantic but it was still too much fun to miss. I say this only so that you don't dismiss AP right away. Whatever you decide, you will have a great time!
Keep in mind that you can also do both MDR for the experience and not each much or to try a menu item, then also do Palo.

We do Palo for dinner at 6. Then have MDR at second seating. This way we can experience the menu and the time with our boys.

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter