"Her Name Was Definitely Mary". Our 1st anniversary trip, May 2011 *NEW 9/6

I am so proud of this idea!

How are you? I've been thinking about you when reading about what's happening in London...

I've been good thanks, Monday and Tuesday night last week was pretty dicey, but after that the trouble moved to Manchester. Thankfully it seems to be over and the police are really hitting hard, carrying out raids etc of people suspected of being involved.

Great MK morning, poor little Ellie with her sell by date. Very strange indeed :laughing:

Have yet to visit Tom Sawyer Island, looks like fun though :) Love your birds nest photo, totally worth waiting for :)

It's been 17 years since I updated! But I WILL finish this, promise!

We lost power for 5 days, and work's been a NIGHTMARE for the past 3 weeks. But now that we have power back, I've got no excuse... stay tuned!

Just caught up and love your TR. My MIL loves Donald duck. She would love all of your DH's shirts of Donald.

It's been 17 years since I updated! But I WILL finish this, promise!

We lost power for 5 days, and work's been a NIGHTMARE for the past 3 weeks. But now that we have power back, I've got no excuse... stay tuned!

So sorry about the power outage, that's the absolute worst! Glad you have it back, and I hope work gets better!

Yay! Glad to hear you're working on the next update! Can't wait! popcorn::

Sooooo close!

Just caught up and love your TR. My MIL loves Donald duck. She would love all of your DH's shirts of Donald.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for liking it!!

Sorry to hear about the lost of power. 5 days, that's a long time!

It was a long time! And sooooo boring!

So sorry about the power outage, that's the absolute worst! Glad you have it back, and I hope work gets better!

I am so appreciative of electricity now!
I hope work gets better, too! At least I have a vacation in 2 weeks :woohoo:

After finishing everything we wanted to do in the MK, we needed to figure out what too do with the rest of the time we had in WDW...
What we really wanted to do was relax with a cocktail for a bit before it was time for our vacation to come to an end. As it happened, we were in the worst possible place to do this. So we needed to head out of the Magic Kingdom, but where to?

Ben came up with the great idea of hopping on the monorail and getting a drink at the Grand Floridian. As we passed through the Contemporary, we made an impulsive decision to get off and try to check out Bay Lake Towers. We bought DVC last September, and BLT is our home resort. But we had never been there! So we found the walkway (which is kinda scary- I had no idea the sides were open, and that is so high!) and made our way over.
When we got to the lobby, we realized that a key is required to get in and out to the pool area. But luckily, the greeter was super nice and once we told her why we wanted to check things out, she told us just to knock when we wanted to come back in.

The pool itself was gated off by yet another room key access. So there’s very little danger of people pool hoping to the Bay Lake Towers! The grounds are really nice, and it is possible to walk over to the Contemporary’s pool as well. We really liked it and hope to eventually stay here (maybe next year?)

Once we got back inside, we made our way back over to the monorail platform and were at the Grand Floridian pretty quickly. We decided to go to the feature pool’s bar, and as we walked into the pool area, there was a CM checking room keys and giving out wristbands. I guess he noticed that we were not wearing swimsuits, and just let us walk by. We hunkered down at the bar and I ordered a mango margarita.

IMG_5586.jpg

We spent a bit of time here, and it was nice to relax!

IMG_5587.jpg

Once done with our drinks, we decided just to head back to Old Key West and hang out there till it was time to go. We got back with an hour or so to spare, so we headed to our new favorite hangout: The Gurgling Suitcase.

IMG_5588.jpg

We got a couple of drinks and enjoyed sitting in the bar, just soaking up the last few moments of our wonderful trip. Too soon, we headed over to wait for the ME bus. I took a few pictures, trying to capture the laid back feel of OKW.

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

While waiting, I couldn’t help noticing a couple sitting at the bench near us. I didn’t catch much of what they were saying, just that the women was nagging her husband incessantly. When we found seats on the ME bus, this couple climbed aboard just after us. They sat across from us (in two separate rows) and entertained us with their conversation. It went on for so long, that Ben finally took at the video camera so we could record what was being said. I knew there was a reason I brought that camera!

This video
isn't much to look at, but if you listen, you'll get the idea of what I am talking about!

We listened to Fred being harassed the whole way to the airport ("My ornaments Fred! Keep it upright, my plant’s in there… from Epcot! Just for that, Fred, I’m gonna…"). When we were finally at the airport, I checked in for my flight, and Ben was off to rent a car. He would be driving to Jacksonville for a conference and flying home a few days later.
You can imagine my lack of surprise when Fred and the missus (we realized after talking about them, and remember Ben’s misheard Country Bear lyric, that this lady’s name was definitely Mary) showed up at my gate to wait for the flight. Of course they were going to Providence! Luckily, they did not sit near me on the flight home. Instead, I got to sit next to two sisters who were straight out of Jersey Shore. And once again, this was super turbulent and completely terrible flight. It was not comforting at all to sit next to these girls, who began freaking out well before even I started to worry. Ugh, I hate flying!
But we eventually landed in Providence and my father in law picked me up and I made it back home. Very sad to no longer be in Disney, and facing a looooong stretch of time before heading back to WDW… unless you count the lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe that we will be eating in a bit more than 2 weeks. I am very excited about this upcoming trip, and very happy we were able to squeeze in a teensy bit of WDW!

Our next actual WDW trip won't be until October 2012, when we will be traveling with good friends of ours. But more on that in a future PTR!

:scared1: Our upcoming trip is only 44 days away! It has been sneaking up on me! And because it isn't a WDW trip, I didn't do the normal plan-every-moment-and-meal thing. But today I sat down and started making lists of things we want to do in each location. While I was doing that, I had the BEST IDEA EVER!

I will admit I have been trying to figure out how to get some time at WDW to fit in to this trip, and it just didn't seem possible. But then I realized that when we land in Orlando, we will be hungry. And since we have to drive all the way to Vero Beach, we really should eat something first. So we'll land, pick up our rental car, then drive to

WL_EST_1_998.jpg

The Wilderness Lodge! Because we are going to eat lunch at

wilderness-lodge-037-whispering-canyon_JPG.jpg

We ate here during the Backstage Magic tour and Ben and I loved it! We've been dying to go back, and since this will be Ben's birthday, it's a perfect fit!

I must say it feels oh-so-decadent to go to WDW for one meal :rotfl:

Once we're done eating, we'll begin the trek to Vero Beach. The drive will take 2.5 hours or so, but we're not on any schedule at all, so that's fine!

Very cool! Dont forget to encourage the birthday boy to ask for ketchup!

Wow, an update! :cool1: Hope everything is going ok with you guys after the hurricane...I'm SO done with rainy, stormy weather. Do you know we might get the outskirts of that Hurricane Katia? UGGHHHH!!!! Enough already! :rotfl: I wait all year for the Fall and I feel like it's going to rain the whole time!

Anyway, great idea getting a drink at the GF! And OKW is so pretty, it's definitely somewhere I'd like to stay sometime...maybe when I'm brave enough to try renting points!

LOL, I watched that video of Fred and his wife, geez, poor guy! She had such an annoying voice! And of course they were on your flight! That's my luck...any time I'm around anyone annoying or obnoxious, I know I will not escape them! :laughing:

LOL again at the Jersey Shore girls...that might be more annoying than Fred and his wifey! :scared1: I hate flying too, but I'm usually ok if my DH is there, if I had to fly home next to girls that were freaking out, I'd probably lose my mind! :eek:

So sad your TR is over, but at least you have your Fall trip to look forward to! I hope you're going to do a little mini-TR of it, I'd love to hear about it! :woohoo:

Ughh, I hear ya on the no power - I'm in Hanover and we lost during the storm on Sunday and didn't get it back until late Saturday. Not fun with an almost 2 year old! We still don't have cable! I've enjoyed your TR, you guys are so funny. I hope you have a great trip in a few weeks. You must be looking forward to it especially with work being crazy.

Great TR, Joyce! Although I'm sad to see it come to an end! I'm very excited that you'll be able to sneak in a little WDW on your approaching trip though! :thumbsup2 Have a great time!!!

Always so sad when a trip or TR comes to an end. Luckily you have your next trip planned...even if it isn't a WDW trip. At least there will be a meal...

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Augh, we had super annoying people on ME this trip, too! What is it about that return trip that brings out those tendencies??
I am jealous your next trip is October 2012!! We won't be back until October 2013, I don't think. :sad2:

Very cool! Dont forget to encourage the birthday boy to ask for ketchup!

Ben read this and asked, "Wait, why do I need to ask for ketchup?" I didn't quite tell him... so let's hope we remember to do it!

Wow, an update! :cool1: Hope everything is going ok with you guys after the hurricane...I'm SO done with rainy, stormy weather. Do you know we might get the outskirts of that Hurricane Katia? UGGHHHH!!!! Enough already! :rotfl: I wait all year for the Fall and I feel like it's going to rain the whole time!

Anyway, great idea getting a drink at the GF! And OKW is so pretty, it's definitely somewhere I'd like to stay sometime...maybe when I'm brave enough to try renting points!

LOL, I watched that video of Fred and his wife, geez, poor guy! She had such an annoying voice! And of course they were on your flight! That's my luck...any time I'm around anyone annoying or obnoxious, I know I will not escape them! :laughing:

LOL again at the Jersey Shore girls...that might be more annoying than Fred and his wifey! :scared1: I hate flying too, but I'm usually ok if my DH is there, if I had to fly home next to girls that were freaking out, I'd probably lose my mind! :eek:

So sad your TR is over, but at least you have your Fall trip to look forward to! I hope you're going to do a little mini-TR of it, I'd love to hear about it! :woohoo:

Irene really got us good... they only just cleared away the old power lines yesterday! And now it's been raining non stop for 3 days... gross! REALLY looking forward to being in Vero Beach in a couple weeks... unless there's another storm!

We love the GF, and I really hope the rumors of DVC being built there are true. I'm sure it will be a zillion points, but at least Ben and I could fit in a one night stay or something. OKW is nice too, next time we stay there will be if we have/rent a car, cause the resort is so big!

I'll be doing a PTR for our next WDW trip, and I am sure that will include a TR of sorts for Vero/Hilton Head/Savannah. Stay tuned!

Ughh, I hear ya on the no power - I'm in Hanover and we lost during the storm on Sunday and didn't get it back until late Saturday. Not fun with an almost 2 year old! We still don't have cable! I've enjoyed your TR, you guys are so funny. I hope you have a great trip in a few weeks. You must be looking forward to it especially with work being crazy.

Aw man, you had it worse! People are always joking about how the storm turned out to not be a big deal, but it certainly was for some of us!

Thanks for reading, glad you liked it!

Great TR, Joyce! Although I'm sad to see it come to an end! I'm very excited that you'll be able to sneak in a little WDW on your approaching trip though! :thumbsup2 Have a great time!!!

Thank you!!!! I am sad it is over, but I got so bad at updating towards the end, I guess it is for the best ;)

Boo I'm sad to see your TR over!! But having drinks at the pool bars is a great way to send off the end of your trip! :thumbsup2

Awww, thanks! Next time, I want to plan it better, and check out some resorts we haven't seen before!

Awww, it's over. :( Too bad it got to end with such annoying people too!

Well, we found Fred and Mary pretty hysterical (though a little sad for Fred). The girls on the plan, though- they were just unnecessary :snooty:

Always so sad when a trip or TR comes to an end. Luckily you have your next trip planned...even if it isn't a WDW trip. At least there will be a meal...

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

When we tell people we are going to Disney World for lunch, they look at us like we are nutso... which I guess we are. But I wouldn't change that for anything!

Thanks for reading, Ann!

Augh, we had super annoying people on ME this trip, too! What is it about that return trip that brings out those tendencies??
I am jealous your next trip is October 2012!! We won't be back until October 2013, I don't think. :sad2:

Welcome back! I missed the end of your PTR, and you're back already? I have been living under a DIS-less rock :laughing:

Ugh! I was complaining with no cable and internet for three days, but no power for five is way worse!

My parents had no issues with their house, but now they have to deal with the Vermont washed out roads. No coming east to Boston easily for awhile!

You need ketchup for fries silly Ben! Enjoy your vaca!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter