Help~

upon-a-star

<font color=purple>I was a Batman fan...but we're
I am big time in need of some Disney magic.

We have been planning a 75th birthday trip for my dad for almost two years now. Nineteen of us in total are going. Five rented a condo and 14 of us rented a villa, booking it in May 2008.

Today, IN THE MAIL, I get a letter saying they're sorry but they're cancelling the villa. They sent a check for refund. When we called the property management people, they told us the house had been forclosed on and the bank took possession last Thursday. Why they never notified us before I have no idea....but I'm supposed to start driving down Thursday and there are 14 people out a house... and I don't know if I can ask them for more money at this point...

Please talk me off the ledge or give me any suggestions. I am stressing big time here...I just broke a tooth gnashing my teeth. My kids are crying and I haven't broken the news to the rest of the family....

Pray for us, please!

I'm afraid I don't understand. If they refunded your money you just need to get a new villa fast. You could Google: Orlando Villas Online and send out an SOS. You should be fine so don't worry so. There are plenty of rentals out there. You may even find one for less than you were going to pay.

Right now couldn't be a better time to be looking for a house at the last minute. The entire rental market from top to bottom is suffering, you shouldn't have any problem finding a replacement.

Oh, I hope you're right. I am so panicked right now. Where can I post the SOS?

Thanks for the encouragement

Be glad you got a refund! I've read about villas being foreclosed and people out all their rental money!

http://www.vrbo.com is a good site to find rentals. You may even get a deal as a last minute rental.

Good luck!

Where is the condo that you rented? Was it on the same community as the home?

What type of home were you renting? 6 or 7 bedroom?

-Kay

1stchoicevillarentals.com

VRBO.com

If you dont have a 6 or 7 bedroom available, maybe you get two 4 bedroom homes maybe even in the same complex.

The condo is in Polynesian Isles. My sister owns there and is going to stay there with her family. The rest of us were renting a six bedroom villa in the Formosa Gardens area (Rolling Hills).

Actually, I just read the contract and discovered she shorted us $515. We had placed a $400 deposit and $115 extra day fee through Paypal then sent a check for the rest. She just refunded the check.

Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter