Help with time estimates

sdjen

DIS Veteran
Hoping all of the experienced travelers out there can assist. I am trying to plan timing etc... for our arrival day.

Our flight is supposed to land at 6:25 PM on a Thursday night. We will be renting a minivan for the 5 of us and driving to All Star Music resort.

About what time do you think we will arrive at the resort? Should we eat on the way somewhere? If so, any recommendations that would be easy to get to?

Thanks in advance.

If you land at 6:25, you should be at your resort by 8pm, at least. It's about 30 mins to WDW from MCO. And it should take you about 15-20 mins at baggage claim. I would actually have one person go get the car and everyone else stay and get the luggage. That will speed things up. Whoever gets the car can just meet everyone back up at baggage claim and help with the luggage then right out to the car.

I would think you could be there no later than 7:45 if you don't stop to eat.

As for a place to eat. I would take the south exit from the airport and take 417 to Disney. Get off at Orange Blossom Trail there are tons of places to eat -Steak and Shake, TGIF, KFC, Taco Bell and there is a Super Target there too.. Then get back on 417 and you are only one or two exits from Disney..

eat at the airport if you are hunger.

MCO is a big airport. so your biggest problem will be the luggage - one reason to take DME. when I was still using MCO they lost my luggage twice. they did found it but was stuck there for several hours. the last one they actually send the entire plane luggage to another place. that took the longest for them to find it.:rolleyes1

so if you are lucky - then 30 minutes to do everything in the airport and around 30 to 45 minutes to get to Disney.

If you land at 6:25, you should be at your resort by 8pm, at least. It's about 30 mins to WDW from MCO. And it should take you about 15-20 mins at baggage claim. I would actually have one person go get the car and everyone else stay and get the luggage. That will speed things up. Whoever gets the car can just meet everyone back up at baggage claim and help with the luggage then right out to the car.

That's your best plan of action and what we have done a few times. I'll stay and wait for the luggage and my wife will get the rental car. We have done this twice and we have used the Disney Magical Express buses twice. We like the Disney Magical Express when it is just the two of us. As for the drive. It's best to use GPS or google maps to plot our route before hand. Print it off and have it accessible for when you land. Will save time plus you can use it to go straight to the resort. If you don't plan on eating before you get to the resort then you should be able to make the trip in about 20-25 minutes after loading up the vehicle. A time between 7:30-8 pm is pretty accurate.

A also wouldn't stop along the way and eat. I would wait until I got there. I would either eat at the resort, or better yet, drive to DTD and get something there. A good use of the end of the arrival day.

ill add to spiceycat.........while waiting for a plane to come home i was watching the different airline workers do there thing outside. then all of a sudden i noticed a piece of luggage on the ground out in the middle of nowhere. so i watched for 45 minutes thru the glass at different workers from different airlines drive past on there carts. some would stop and look and then some would drive right past it.:drive:

I also wouldn't bother stopping to eat on the way to the resort. Just throw some granola bars in your carryon and that should tide you over til you get there.

I would think you could be there no later than 7:45 if you don't stop to eat.

As for a place to eat. I would take the south exit from the airport and take 417 to Disney. Get off at Orange Blossom Trail there are tons of places to eat -Steak and Shake, TGIF, KFC, Taco Bell and there is a Super Target there too.. Then get back on 417 and you are only one or two exits from Disney..

Be careful on OBT, some sections of it are pretty seedy

I would take the opportunity to eat off site before entering the world once you get on property prices rise and even though you have a car you probably wont want to leave.I also would make a stop at Walmart or Target for bottled water snacks, soda and breakfast items. it will save a ton of cash in the parks.

It will be 8ish if you don't stop so it's not like you can do much when you arrive anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter