Help, Please

PinkPrincess

Earning My Ears
Have some Questions...
We are leaving in ten days, we booked our airfare, hotel, park tickets, and Charecter breakfast through Alaska Air.. Alaska said we would get our park tickets and charecter vouchers at the hotel at check in..

Some unfortuate events have taken place in my life and my husband is not going, due to us sperateing... I can't get any refund through alaska for his stuff!

My Question is, is there a way to trade in his hopper tickets. charecter voucher for mayve disney dollers or can I sell them???

Any help would be great, anyone have a hotel # I can call and maybe ask, we are staying at the DLH!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I dont know anything for sure, but here's what I think. The hotel will cost you the same whether or not he is there. They usually charge per room, not per person, so if he doesn't go, you won't save any money there.

Maybe you can sell his plane ticket to someone else? Or maybe they will let you trade it in for use another time.

Did you already pay for the character breakfast? If you only have a reservation then you will only pay for what you eat. But if they've charged you already then I don't know.

When you get the voucher for the park hopper, if you don't redeem it you might be able to save it for later or sell it.

Maybe if you can't get any money back, you should consider taking someone else, such as a friend or family member?

Good luck.
JULIE

I would write of the plane ticket if it is non-transferable and take a friend that you can have fun with. Having been married and divorced 5 times, These things are only road bumps in life and it would have probably been a sucky trip if he was along. Have fun while you can. I would read Alaska Air's fine print for refunds if you have not all ready.

Good luck,

Jack pirate:

I had to cancel a trip once and had the same problem with plane tickets. I was able to turn in the tickets for a voucher from the same airline. Later I used the voucher to purchase new tickets - about a year later. There was a fee per ticket, but I can't remember it. Maybe $20 - $30. Not cheap, but better than losing the full price of a ticket. Maybe Alaska has a similar program. Good luck.

Sorry to hear your situation. I have been in travel for many years and here are a couple thoughts.........

first did you get trip insurance of anykind? If not you still may be able to change the name but be charged a reissue fee. If not if you talk to customer service or email them they may (fingers crossed) allow you a partial refund or credit for future travel.

As far as the vouchers a couple options.... You can resell them. Since each pass is activated independantly do not activate his. It can be transfered to someone else. Same with the meals. The last advise is to contact Disney guest realtions about an exchange of credit. I have talked to them many times and have had good luck with either reissues or refunds. Not a promise but a great place to start. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter