Help! Please give suggestions...

CatDisney16

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am 18 years old and have been to WDW 3 times, each with friends or boy friends family. I have never been there with my own family and that upsets me because my father isnt really a big fan of walking around and shopping (becuase theres many shops). My mom and brother and psyched becuase we want to book a trip for January of 08 but my father really doesnt want to go. he loves rides and golfing and i have explained to him there is a great gold corse there and great rides. He thinks Disney is all about little children and pricesses, which is not the case. Please give advice or suggestions on how to make my father lok foward to the trip, not feel like he has to go becuase the rest of the family wants too. Thnak you and please respond if you ever had a similar situation like this and what you did to solve it. Thanks!

I haven't. really had a similar situation, but my DH doesn't like shopping either. I would order the Disney Vacation Planning DVD (it's free) and get your dad to watch it. :happytv: It shows all the things there are to do at Disney, and shopping is a very small part of the video. Maybe this will help convince him there is more to do.

Epcot is a more adult friendly park. My parents really enjoyed it when I was young and now that I'm older I have a new appreciation for it. Its not as cutesy tootsy as the rest of the parks. Get online and show him Epcot and all the unique aspects.
Good Luck!

You've gotten some good suggestions so far. You might also try using your computer to create a folder of pictures of things at WDW that he might be interested in - the golf courses, rides and attractions, resorts, etc. Do a search on this site for pictures of what you are looking for (you will find some posted into threads as well as links to other sites with photos) and save them into the My Photos program on your computer. You can then show them to your dad as a slide show. Good luck - I always wanted my dad to join us on one of our trips because I knew he and my son would have really enjoyed doing Disney together. I could never talk him into it - I hope you have better luck with yours.:thumbsup2

Really sell Epcot. There are so many "adult" things to do and see there. Just to sit with a drink and people watch in the sun would be fun enough.
All the countries of Epcot or downtown Disney should sway him. Otherwise leave him home. Just kidding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter