• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP!! Need Photopass-PLUS answer

bradyloganmom

DIS Veteran
Hi! 10th consecutive trip to WDW begins OCt. 13!!!!! We always pre-order Photopass to get the discount. Haven't thought much about the new PP Plus til now. OOPS! We've missed the 14-day window to order "Plus" and get the discount. QUESTION--Could we pre-order the regular Photopass with discount for $119 THEN UPGRADE to PLUS when we get there? If so, would the upgrade be $50 (to make it $169 the pre-order plus price anyway) or $80 (to make it the walk-up price of $199)?!!! THANKS SO MUCH!

I tried to do that on our spring trip. It does NOT work. You will pay full price for plus even though you preordered the regular.

Let me just say that my experiences have been the same as the PPs. The Photopass+ is not considered an upgrade to the Photopass service (even though it really is, if you consider what you get). According to the CMs I spoke with, it is a wholly separate product. You can't upgrade.

I initially bought the Photopass package and then decided I wanted the Plus package, like the OP wants to do. They actually refunded my money for the regular package and then charged me for the Photopass Plus service.

I don't think it makes sense, but logic notwithstanding, there it is.

Oh, and I learned something else which might be important. Not only do you need to have your voucher, but you need the number that is in the CD case to get your pictures. There is no record of that number with PhotoPass, so if you lose the promotional number, you can't get a CD of your pics. I also found out that you can call the PhotoPass folks once you have your CD, and give them that number to put on your account....just in case you lose it.

I am sure it has been mentioned a million times but where the heck can I prepurchase photopass+? I apologize in advance for my lack of fact finding skills.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter