Help my holiday provider (lowcostholidays) has gone into administration

As long as you paid over £100 on a credit card- and it sounds like you have then the CC company are responsible for the full amount you have lost. you will need to do a claim and it wont be quick though but you will be covered.
Wow thanks for this, that has relived me so much there is light at the end of the tunnel :) :)

Correct. As long as you paid at least 100 on cc for the section of the holiday that has been lost, the cc are responsible for the whole lot under the Consumer Credit Act. They often obfuscate and delay- don't take no for an answer and threaten to go to FCA if you have problems.

What a hassle, but sounds like things will work out eventually for you.

At least the flights were good to use still!u must have been so relieved

Correct. As long as you paid at least 100 on cc for the section of the holiday that has been lost, the cc are responsible for the whole lot under the Consumer Credit Act. They often obfuscate and delay- don't take no for an answer and threaten to go to FCA if you have problems.
Threatening the Financial Ombadsman is the way to go ;)

I paid the remaining balance with my debit card (roughly £600) [Lloyd's Bank]
If its a Visa Debit Card, I'm pretty sure you are covered by the same T's and C's. I was with my first direct debit card when a dealership went bust and I had paid a deposit on a car. I'd check with your bank.

good luck getting it sorted. Just adding some further info on here in case it helps someone else out. You are also covered by your normal bank cards if you have paid more than £100 and have gone into debt. We do this to avoid cc charges. We have £150 free overdraft and go in to it£101 when booking holidays then pay off week later (takes a bit of planning but we set up a bank account just for holidays we place the cost -£101 in the day before we book.

It happened to me & I paid with cc & dc, hotel & flights were not booked/paid for. We were paid back from both cards, eventually. So glad your flights were paid for & you can still go.

Very sorry to hear about this, kizzle. Just to say that although your credit card company will pay out, it may take several months (especially as there are so many people in the same boat). Make sure you've got all your paperwork together (including the paperwork proving payment by credit card and all debit card payments) as that will help them process it more easily and also make sure you keep copies of all correspondence with the credit card company - including details of times/dates/customer service agent names and summaries of conversations so that you can point to it in the event of any delay.

Good luck and I hope you still have a good holiday.

1F

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter