Help me to make things even, please!

Is the upcoming trip going to fall on the older child’s birthday again? Is it for the younger child’s birthday? Neither? If there is a birthday child, note that on the reservation. I believe they have a Birthday Princess sash they use as opposed to the normal one and maybe add a birthday desert at CRT. I remember from another thread you were going to make a reservation there. Here is the email address for a celebration at CRT. WDW CRT Special Events WDW.CRT.Special.Events@disney.com

Now if it isn’t either child’s birthday, I don’t feel there is a need to differentiate at all. I would get them the same thing. They would each get a new dress.

But things tilt one way or another at times and it balances. My children are not that close in age; plus, I have a boy and a girl. My son watched my daughter get made over at BBB when he was 2 and again the following year when he was 3. He had no idea there was anything for him and likely didn’t think about it and I’m sure your daughter didn’t either at 2.5.

At 4.5 the following year, he went to Pirate’s League 2 days after she went for her 3rd BBB makeover. He didn't know about it. He sits through Princess meals and meet and greets (although on one trip, he became a big flirt and took over the interaction). She goes to Hollywood and Vine and sits through Disney Jr. shows at DHS.

And they learn to celebrate and be happy for each other. My son went on and on about how pretty my daughter looked and she made a big deal about his Pirate makeover. I have this awesome photo the photo pass photographer got of my son watching my daughter dance with Belle. And thank goodness. My son now gets dragged around when my daughter performs with her choir group. It’s part of being a family.

Whenever my youngest brings up something his sister and brother got, or got to do that he didn't I always remind him that as the youngest he gets way with more :laughing:

OP, do the same for each of them, it will be a nice memory they share.

You are probably right. I worry because I felt so bad that DD4 missed out on it the first time. If I don't make a deal of it, I'm sure they won't either. Thanks!

At some point you'll take a trip and your older daughter will be too old for BBB while your younger daughter can still enjoy it. That's "even." :) Right now they can both enjoy, so if that's your thing, let them both have at it.

Is the upcoming trip going to fall on the older child’s birthday again? Is it for the younger child’s birthday? Neither? If there is a birthday child, note that on the reservation. I believe they have a Birthday Princess sash they use as opposed to the normal one and maybe add a birthday desert at CRT. I remember from another thread you were going to make a reservation there. Here is the email address for a celebration at CRT. WDW CRT Special Events WDW.CRT.Special.Events@disney.com

Now if it isn’t either child’s birthday, I don’t feel there is a need to differentiate at all. I would get them the same thing. They would each get a new dress.

But things tilt one way or another at times and it balances. My children are not that close in age; plus, I have a boy and a girl. My son watched my daughter get made over at BBB when he was 2 and again the following year when he was 3. He had no idea there was anything for him and likely didn’t think about it and I’m sure your daughter didn’t either at 2.5.

At 4.5 the following year, he went to Pirate’s League 2 days after she went for her 3rd BBB makeover. He didn't know about it. He sits through Princess meals and meet and greets (although on one trip, he became a big flirt and took over the interaction). She goes to Hollywood and Vine and sits through Disney Jr. shows at DHS.

And they learn to celebrate and be happy for each other. My son went on and on about how pretty my daughter looked and she made a big deal about his Pirate makeover. I have this awesome photo the photo pass photographer got of my son watching my daughter dance with Belle. And thank goodness. My son now gets dragged around when my daughter performs with her choir group. It’s part of being a family.
You are absolutely right! It's neither girls birthday, thus time. They will each have the same. Thank you for your kind words :)

I've found this thread great reading. OP, this is a question I've been thinking about as well. A 4 yo celebrating her birthday at WDW, and I have been waffling over keeping the BBB reservation for her 7 yo sister. There are some great points and advice in here :). I'll give my 7 yo the option, and do an extra little for my birthday girl.

Enjoy your trip!

Last trip it was your daughter's birthday. She got a birthday present.

I bet your younger daughter got a present when it was her birthday as well.

This trip it is nobody's birthday. (And maybe the last time your 7 year old will even want to do BBB.)

I would definitely get them both new dresses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter