• Coronado Springs

• Caribbean Beach

• The Swan

• The Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

NurseJamie

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

While I am patiently waiting (hoping with fingers crossed pixiedust: ) for a free dining promotion to be announced, I am trying to think of where I want to stay! I am mid-20s, traveling with my mom and her sister in their 50s. Mom has bad knees so minimizing the walking is helpful, but she isn't so bad she needs a rascal or anything, just taking it slow and taking breaks. But a room close to buses and food would be nice - I have worries about Caribbean Beach, I have heard it is huge!

We are all willing to stay in one room together. So I need one room that will comfortably sleep 3 adults. I am hoping someplace has roll-away cots, but Mom and I will share a bed if we have to. If anyone has info about roll-away beds at the resorts, I would appreciate that input, too!:crowded:

I have stayed at one of the Port Orleans resorts the last 3 trips, and I really love French Quarter, but am just wondering if anyone has strong opinions of the other mods. Please help me to decide!!! :confused:

Oh, I forgot to add! I know I will be charged an extra $15 for any hotel on property because of the additional adult in the room. And I am a nurse, so I can get the discount at the Swan or Dolphin...

I've only stayed at CBR and POR, but I have visited POFQ as well. I like all three resorts and would stay at any one of them. CBR is large, but if you request one of the preferred buildings, your walking should be minimized. However, if you don't want to chance it, I'd stay at POFQ. It's a small resort and I think it's really beautiful.

3 of the 4 moderates are quite large. But you can book a "preferred" room at CBR and be close to the food court, main pool, gift shop, and restaurant. Each village at CBR has it's own quiet pool and it's own bus stop, so you are never far from those. CBR is our favorite mod. We love it's beautiful grounds, quiet & relaxing feel, tropical atmosphere, the larger rooms, the double sinks, the food court, the friendly CM's, and the new pool is fantastic! :goodvibes

We haven't stayed at the Swan or Dolphin yet, but we did visit them on our last trip and would like to try them one day. Not being able to use ME or get the DDP there are the only drawback for us. Sometimes they offer some really great rates.

Good luck! :goodvibes

POFQ. It's smaller than the others and super easy to get around! Your Mom should have no trouble at all there. :goodvibes

I'm not a fan of the theming at POFQ, but that might be a good option due to it's size. I can whole-heartedly recommend the Swan. The Dolphin is great, too, but the Swan is much smaller. (We love staying there!) The amenities far surpass those of a mod, and I think that they migh be very appreciated by the 50-somethings.;) The CBR is our favorite mod, but it is quite large, as is CSR and POR.

Lots of good choices! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

You could always pay extra for a Preferred Location...close to Food court, main pool, etc.... CBR is our favorite resort, however, CSR does have queen size beds so if you need to share a bed with your mom this might make it more feasible.

The only one we've stayed at or wish to stay at (except POFQ if ours wasn't available) is the CSR. We've stayed seven times and had seven nearly perfect stays. Queen beds, spa/fitness center, great pool and slide, three quiet pools, new nightime lounge, food court, sit down restaurant and new take and go. Beautiful landscaping and surrounding; beautiful fountains in the courtyards in the Casitas; hammocks by the Cabanas and Casitas.

You will read of bad experiences here by others, just as you will for every Disney resort.

I suggest you look at the pictures of all of them and see what they offer and see which one appeals to you the most. I'm sure you'll have a good time wherever you pick--you'll be at Disney after all.

CSR is the way to go. It has more adult things to do like the dance club and spa. And with the queen beds its a no brainer.

Hmmm the queen-size beds at CSR do seem to be a seller if we have to share a bed. Anyone know anything about roll-away cots, or if they are provided by Disney for an extra charge or anything?

Thanks so much to everyone for the advice - keep it coming!!!!!

The Swan or Dolphin for one reason--location, location, location.

The Boardwalk area is wonderful. You have boat service or can walk to two parks, Epcot and DHS. The rooms are much larger and have queens size heavenly beds.

While I love the CBR, you cant beat the location of the Dolphin and Swan, which are both deluxe hotels.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think to minimize walking you would definitely have to pick POFQ. Out of all the resorts this is the smallest in size. But for nicest room and bed sizes I'd pick CSR. The new rooms are very luxurious looking plus they've added queen beds which would be nice if you have to share a bed.

We haved stayed at POR twice and loved it....but it is a bit spread out. This time we are starying at POFQ for a change...and less walking. After walking at the parks all day, it will be nice to have everything closer and more compact. We plan on early evenings with dinners at DTD. The only downside is no TS.

Please highly consider the Swan or Dolphin. Both can easily fit a cot between the bed and the window. The rooms are at least 40 to 60 feet larger than any WDW moderate. An extra 4 to 6 feet in the length and width of the room will make a difference with 3 adults.

As for walking around - the Swan and Dolphin have buses, only a 2 minute walk from the main resort door, to DTD, MK, and AK. There is a lovely boat which will take you to EPCOT and DHS. The walk to the boat again is a 2 minute walk from the back door of either the Dolphin or Swan resorts.

The Dolphin and Swan have elevators and inside hallways. Lots of places to eat. The Grotto pool is wonderful. There is also a very large rectangular pool near the Swan and a large lap pool near the Dolphin.

If you can get a Nurses discount on the room, you can not beat that price at any WDW moderate or deluxe resort.

The only cons are you can not use ME or DDP, and you can not get ADR's 10 plus days at your 90 day mark. ADR's have to be made for each 90 day mark. But the Swan & Dolphin give you 20% off any S/D owned eatery with the AAA card.

Also the S/D are getting a second face lift. They already did new rugs and furniture(2007). Now they are adding flat screen TV's and mini refrigerators to each room(2009).

We love the Dolphin - and only stay at a WDW resort if we can get the Dolphin price beat (we only have AAA and Starwood members)

I hope I convinced you to stay at the Dolphin or Swan :goodvibes

Hmmm the queen-size beds at CSR do seem to be a seller if we have to share a bed. Anyone know anything about roll-away cots, or if they are provided by Disney for an extra charge or anything?

Thanks so much to everyone for the advice - keep it coming!!!!!

If you aren't interested in the DDP, remember that the Swan and Dolphin also have queen beds and will have less walking than any moderate other than the POFQ. I've never stayed there and not really thinking I ever will, but in trying to be fair and balanced, I wanted to be sure you knew this. Someday I hope to stay on the Epcot/DHS lake; I think the transportation would be heavenly!

I voted POFQ because I also have issues with my knees, and I'm glad I will have less walking than my other options at the time I booked it.

Do you plan on having a car? If so, you can park near your room at any of the mods. CSR and CBR are great in that there are bus stops near each section of rooms, so again it's not a ton of walking. I would worry more about walking in the park than at the resort:confused3

My family has done CBR, CSR, and POR. The theme at POFQ does nothing for us so it's automatically out. We hated POR, cut our trip there short. CBR was okay but the rooms were in need of an update. We love:lovestruc CSR for the Pepper Market, overall theming, pool, atmosphere music, and QUEEN BEDS:banana:

I know cots can be rented at CSR for sure, but I don't know about the others. I want to say it was around 15/night but it might be more.

Well, I voted for CBR-- But since you have problems with having to walk long distances, I would recommend getting a preferred room (which is located right next to the food court/main pool). CBR is my favorite moderate because of the bright, tropical atmosphere. However, I wouldn't let the walking completely steer you away from CBR, because they do have an internal resort shuttle. If your room is far away, or you just don't feel like walking, you can take a bus to other areas of the resort.

If you want a small, compact resort, I'd go with POFQ. I wouldn't recommend POR or CSR. They are both big resorts, but neither of them offer the internal shuttle like CBR does. If your room is far away, you're walking, and that's all there is to it. Plus the theme at POR is a little dull for me (However the food court is great!), and I had such a terrible experience at CSR that I could never recommend it to anyone.

Swan/Dolphin wouldn't be Disney enough for me personally. There's no Magical Express and no Dining Plan... just not for me.

So I would say your best options are CBR and POFQ. Good luck with your decision, and have a great trip!

I was not aware that I couldn't have/use the DDP at the Swan or Dolphin, and I am hoping for free dining before I book the trip. So I guess those two are out. See, you have all helped immensely already?

And I am rather surprised at the positive response for CBR - from what I understood it was the least-liked Disney-owned mod. It honestly wasn't really even on my radar. I guess I will have to look at that hotel's FAQ, too!

You have all been super-helpful. Thank you!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter