help me out with a suprise!

growinupdisney

DIS Veteran
My son will be 16 this month! We have a trip planned for spring break but he doesn't know....we have have been to wdw many times but he doesn't think we can go this year with buying him a car and his sisters college expenses. Thats why we thought this would be a great tIme to suprise him for hIs bIrthday. He loves Disney everything about it. He is a jock but loves star wars too. Any ideas on a great way to suprise him?

That sounds so awesome :)
Do you have family in another state? You could always say that you're going to visit family out of state and, once you get to the airport, tell him where you're actually going.

Oh my gosh! It's not often you see a boy crazy about Disney! Haha that's awesome! So lucky to have a surprise like that! My mom surprised me when I was 10(I'm 17 now). She woke me up right before we had to leave for the airport and told me where we were going! It was my first trip! Maybe you could do something like that. Packing may be hard though, I was ten when my mom did that so she did most of my packing, with him being older it maybe be harder! But then again boys don't have as much to pack! Haha:) I also like the other post here about saying you're visiting family. It could work! Or maybe telling him the day before so he can pack and all that fun stuff, make a little card or something, lame, yeah I know. But when it leads up to Disney it's just magical! Or make a game out of it. You said he's a jock, so if it's not too cold take him out side and depending on what sports he plays, make out little cards that spell out disney and tell him you have a surprise for his birthday but he needs to get cards to figure out what it is. And to get a card he would have to make different basketball shoots, like lay-ups or something, or make soccer goals, hit home runs, adjust it to his sports! Then give him each card for each point he gets, makes it kinda fun! If its too cold out or rainy or anything modify it to indoors. Make them really difficult too so it takes him a while to finish it! Hope this helped! Hope you guys have an awesome trip!

P.S Happy 16th Birthday to him!

Got a couple ideas in mind.

If he has a smart phone, you could "borrow" it, record yourself saying/yelling "We're going to Disney" and then, when he has to wake up for something (school a few days before, or maybe the day you leave) set that as the alarm, so he'll hear it when he wakes up.

My other idea, if there is a computer on the house with Powerpoint make one with memories of past trips and/or riddles (with Disney backgrounds on the slides) and on the last one, write "We're going to Disney!" really big.

Love the ideas guys keep them coming thinking about combining a few...we are driving and no family out of town. He just said the other day "if I give you all my b-day money do you think we could go?" It's killing me not telling him. His birthday is the 23rd. So I still have some time....any more ideas love the ones so far!

Love the ideas guys keep them coming thinking about combining a few...we are driving and no family out of town. He just said the other day "if I give you all my b-day money do you think we could go?" It's killing me not telling him. His birthday is the 23rd. So I still have some time....any more ideas love the ones so far!

Hmm, is there anything y'all ever go out of state for (aside from Disney)? My friend's parents are major antiquers and they once told her they were going antiquing four states over...turns out they were going to WDW instead! Sorry, I'm out of ideas :(

growinupdisney said:

Oh my gosh, so cute! I know that combination of excitement over the surprise and heartbreak for your son! My son was 7 last Christmas and REALLY wanted this big expensive LEGO set. It was one of the first things I bought and hid from him, but of course he didn't know that. It was all he would talk about, kept bugging me to tell him if he was going to get it. Finally, I just told him that there are no guarantees and he shouldn't count on it. His face just fell and he said, "Well, that pretty much tells me the answer." Oh, my heart broke for him, he was so disappointed! But man, his excitement on Christmas day was something to see!!! He was one happy boy! LOL Anyways, no suggestions but I'd love to know how it turns out! A LEGO set is nothing compared to a Disney trip - he is going to be thrilled!! Have fun!!!

Does your son play on a team for sports? When he is at sports practice (whatever sports he plays) and then get the whole team to make big cards and everyone flips one at a time saying "U r going 2 WDW!" to make it shorter and easier. I like the idea of combining all the ideas and then after the team flips it all over one at a time, you all say happy birthday! surprise! youre going to disney world! :)

Another idea i think is great is recording it on an iphone like the others said! They are all great!

Happy birthday and have a great one! :bday:party:

Ok, a couple ideas... 1- you could do the classic order a pizza and ask them to make the pepperoni in a mickey head shape::MickeyMo You could also have mickey ice cream bars. (some super Targets have them):mickeybar You could do a whole theme night one night and at the end have him close his eyes while you hold up a banner and everyone puts their mickey hats on and shouts "We're going to Disney!"
If I were you, i would tell him a couple nights before, because I think part of the fun is looking forward to it and getting pumped:yay: It will also allow him to pack his things. :laundy:

I vote you make Mickey-shaped pancakes one morning (unless you're totally awesome and have a Mickey waffle maker). You could have Disney music playing when he comes downstairs too (and I say go all out with the decorations!).
Or, you could make him a note with pictures and leave it for him to find when he wakes up: "Pack your bags and grab your mouse ears! We're going to Disney!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter