HELP! Going to COURT tomorrow. Need ideas for excuse to get out of speeding ticket!

Good luck to you. I have to say, here in Vermont you have no chance to get out of a ticket! They don't care to hear any excuse. The only prayer you have is that the officer does not show up.

I have a great story (talking about getting out of a ticket) when I was in college I went out with my friends on St. Patricks Day. We spent the evening "downtown" enjoying some green beer. Although I was completely fine to drive on my way home, which was really late, I just happen to slip through a red light. Needless to say, here comes those flashing blue lights. I pulled over and the officer approached and said "Do you know that you just went through a red light?" and I replied "I'm sorry I didn't know that, you see officer it is St. Patricks Day and all I'm seeing is Green" He let me go without giving me a ticket. ;)

Going more than 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and not signaling to change lanes are not following driving rules, and are chargeable by a fine. Pay the fine.

Tony, I liked that joke!!! Too cute.

I think the most surprising thing of this thread is that a nurse got a ticket. That is unheard of.

Let us know how it went.

I think the most surprising thing of this thread is that a nurse got a ticket. That is unheard of.
I don't understand that line of thinking. Even if their is an unwritten courtesy 'rule', it certainly isn't mandatory for an officer to allow specific groups of people to break the law and give them a warning instead of a ticket.

Better a ticket than broken bones, paralysis, death or harming another person. I say ya got off easy, noone was injured... pay the fine and move on. Noone should think their profession guarantees their exclusion from obeying the law, IMO.

Originally posted by chesirechik
I got out of mine. I just went in, admitted to speeding and asking the judge for mercy on the points. (which means nothing hits your insurance) She took the points away and I got half of my fine money back. Slowed me down!

My husband did the same when he was pulled over for running a red light. When the officer asked him if he knew he had run it and why he ran it. My DH told him yes, I did run it and I wasn't paying any attention. I was busy running my mouth to my wife. He went to his car and came back to our car. He told my husband that since you admitted to running the light and didn't try to offer a bunch of excuses, I am going to let you off. We were so grateful and profusely thanked him. Speeding is speeding and one day it may be your life that is saved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter