Help! Cancelled trip. Need to figure out what to do with conference tix.

I also would be surprised if you can sell them. Do you have the tickets in hand? Years ago we bought discounted tickets when DD played AAU hoops nationals at WWOS. The tickets were a great price, but non-transferable and were dated to start one week before the tournament and two weeks after. Please read any info you received with the tickets or any info available for when you ordered them.

Hope you can still use them in the fall and are able to celebrate alone together.

We do not have the tickets in hand. The CM told my dh to pick them up where he is there. We never received any info other than a conf# which let us link them to our account. Which reminds me that I still need to go cancel FP's.

We do not have the tickets in hand. The CM told my dh to pick them up where he is there. We never received any info other than a conf# which let us link them to our account. Which reminds me that I still need to go cancel FP's.
They're already linked to your MDE account? Then you cannot transfer them to anyone other than people who are in your account as well. A buyer would not be able to link them to their own MDE account because the tickets have already been "claimed" by you in your account.

First of all-Are the 4 men sharing 2 queen beds-that is Yuck!

My son travels with a co-worker and they share a room , but NOT a bed!
I still cant believe he HAS to spend that much time with coworkers! weird!

5 Coworkers - wonder if they are all male?

Well, you might be out $450. What a shame.

5 Coworkers - wonder if they are all male?

I thought it is four men + one woman and the organization is paying for three rooms. It's not clear, but that's what I think is going on here.

That said, I hate traveling for work but I can't imagine having to share a room. Just creepy.

I thought it is four men + one woman and the organization is paying for three rooms. It's not clear, but that's what I think is going on here.

That said, I hate traveling for work but I can't imagine having to share a room. Just creepy.

Reread and you are correct.

Do you already have your airfare, and have you purchased the grandparents' airfare, in addition to your tickets? You could be out a whole bunch of money if you have! What kind of "trouble" will your DH be in at work if you get a room and he "falls asleep while watching TV there?" Honestly, it's ridiculous that they demand your DH spend all his time with his coworkers. If I was one of the group, I'd be getting my own room before I'd share a bed with a coworker… bring my aerobed at the very least. Has your DH talked to his boss and explained that you guys had already made plans for you to go, too, to spend his free time with him, and you have $$$ tied up in this? Maybe they'd let him stay in a room with you if you were paying for it yourselves.

I would hope that if he is required to spent all his "free" time with his coworkers, then the company is paying him and his coworkers overtime for that time. If he is salaried, would his salary be based on a 7.5-8 hour work day? Anything over that would be overtime or his time to do with as he pleases. I would look into laws about the having to share a room as well. I know that when I book rooms for our employees working out of town, each must have his/her own room and we pay a per diem for meals on top of the room. If they "choose" to go to the bar or whatever after hours that is their choice and not payed for by the company.

I thought she said they couldn't afford to pay for a room, and she was planning to stay with her husband until more people signed up to go.

I am a teacher and we rarely get our own room paid for when we go to conferences. There is simply no money for that in a non profit.

What kind of "trouble" will your DH be in at work if you get a room and he "falls asleep while watching TV there?" Honestly, it's ridiculous that they demand your DH spend all his time with his coworkers. If I was one of the group, I'd be getting my own room before I'd share a bed with a coworker… bring my aerobed at the very least.

I thought she said they couldn't afford to pay for a room, and she was planning to stay with her husband until more people signed up to go.

I read it the same way - the problem isn't that the OP's DH is being forced to sleep in a room other than hers, the problem is that the OP (and her DH) would have to pay for a room if they came. Also, the co-workers are sharing a room - not a bed. Four male co-workers in two rooms.

No, no, no!! That is yuck. If I said they were sharing a bed, I apologize. They are sharing rooms. Four men attending and they will share two rooms.

I agree that it's weird. It leaves no park time. There are scheduled events through the conference and the agenda says those events are 'optional'. My dh's boss is big into stuff like this so he will have to go and she will expect them all to be there the entire time. One evening is like 6-11 or something like that. SO, you are in class all day and events at night.

This is correct. Five people (4 men, 1 woman) and three rooms.

I'm so sorry I came across like the men were sharing beds!! I have a sick 3yo so I haven't been sleeping well for the last 4 nights.

They're already linked to your MDE account? Then you cannot transfer them to anyone other than people who are in your account as well. A buyer would not be able to link them to their own MDE account because the tickets have already been "claimed" by you in your account.

If this is true, and I suspect you are right, then selling the tickets is out. We did link them to MDE.

I am a teacher and we rarely get our own room paid for when we go to conferences. There is simply no money for that in a non profit.

Yes, exactly! My dh works for a school. Money is always so tight.

That is what I thought too but the CM said she suggested my dh pick up the tickets when he is there for the conference b/c they are 'not attached to any name' and we could give them away...she didn't say 'sell'.
The CM is wrong when talking about conference tickets.

Okay, would you be able to pay for 1/2 the room with the female co-worker that is attending? That is, assuming the non-profit is willing?

Was she wrong about being able to give them away? OR is she wrong about us being able to use them later in the year?
Definitely wrong about giving them away. She is probably also wrong about being able to use them later in the year.

We have a trip later this year that is connected with a meeting at Disney. I checked out the convention ticket purchase link that was provided on the website. I bolded the part that is applicable to your questions. From the TOS that you agreed to when you purchased the tickets online:

Ticket/Package Terms

Tickets are for use ONLY by individuals attending a meeting or convention in Central Florida and their companions during their stay. Accordingly, Tickets are for sale ONLY to individuals attending a meeting or convention in Central Florida for their and their companions' use during their stay, or to meeting planners for ultimate use by those individuals or their companions during their stay.

Tickets will be valid for use only on the specific dates of the applicable meeting or convention and for a limited period of time before and/or after the applicable meeting or convention as determined by Disney.

Ticket expires 14 days after first use. Date of first use must be within 7 days after the end of the applicable meeting or convention and, in any event, no later than December 31, 2015. Ticket will expire if not first used by the required date.

Tickets are nonrefundable. All prices are in US dollars. Ticket orders are not accepted until confirmed with confirmation number.

All prices are subject to change without notice before acceptance of your order.

Due to various restrictions and limitations, tickets cannot be shipped to all locations. Title to the tickets passes upon delivery of the tickets in Lake Buena Vista, Florida to the shipper. Recipient is responsible for any duty or custom charges or expenses. Persons who are requesting tickets to be shipped to friends or family members outside the USA should so note.

Each Ticket admits one person, is nontransferable, and must be used by that same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Tickets are not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced or for any park commencing operation after May 1, 1998. It is agreed between owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort and ticket users that all claims for injury or loss arising incident to presence on owners' property shall be litigated in Florida. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons.

Persons under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by someone 14 years of age or older while attending Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park.

Disney reserves the right to cancel the sale of any unshipped tickets.

All sales of tickets take place in and are consummated in the State of Florida. These Terms and Conditions for Ticket Orders shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.

Disney reserves the right to limit the number of Tickets that may be purchased by any individual or entity pursuant to this web site.

If any individual or entity violates or attempts to violate or otherwise not comply with these Terms and Conditions, Disney reserves the right to cancel any Ticket orders made by that individual or entity and/or not to permit that individual or entity to place any further Ticket orders pursuant hereto.

These Terms and Conditions for Ticket Orders are subject to change by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Notice of such change will be deemed given if and when revised Terms & Conditions for Ticket Orders are posted on this web site.

Agree. Sharing with a coworker is just not how it works/or should work if the travel is mandatory. If the conference is voluntary and the terms of the accommodations are known in advance, that is another story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter