• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Hello? I'm in the Carousel of Progress.."*UD1/13pg74"All Good Things...*

Armed with a healthy dose of pixie dust (literally–the boys were shaking that stuff out for days!) we set our sights on adventure.

Adventureland to be exact!

Before turning to cross the bridge at the hub, we stopped to take some PhotoPass pics. I wanted to get a few in front of the castle with all of our “stuff” off–no lanyards, sunglasses, fans, etc. I wanted to be able to see our “matchy-matchy” shirts! The lighting wasn’t great as it was getting to be later in the day and the sun was casting shadows. Still...I think they turned out pretty good. I will say that Jeff really doesn’t like these though because the castle is not centered. That bugs him!

Image088.jpg

Image086.jpg

Image090.jpg

Image091.jpg

Finally, we put our “gear” back on and head into Adventureland. First stop is MOST DEFINITELY the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

WednesdayMK-Disney200989.jpg

This attraction was closed for refurb on our 2007 trip and Jeff was sorely disappointed. :sad2: He loves the treehouse and couldn’t wait to share it with the boys. As we began climbing the treehouse, we were all alone. No crowd to follow, no crowd pushing us along, so it was nice to be able to just enjoy all of the little treats the treehouse has to offer. Unfortunately, the alone time didn’t last long and we soon had a crowd pushing up behind us. We wanted to go slow and enjoy so we found ourselves moving to the side a lot to let people by us. Here’s a pic of the boys in front of the water contraption. Dan spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out how it worked!

WednesdayMK-Disney200991.jpg

We climbed all the way to the top to what would be the Robinson boys’ bedroom. This is a picture of the boys contemplating being that high in the tree to sleep!!

WednesdayMK-Disney200990.jpg

I honestly wish I had taken more pictures here. I thought I did, but apparently those are the only ones I have. Not sure what I was thinking! I think I was caught up in taking it all in! My boys have not see the movie Swiss Family Robinson and it is now on our To-See list!

Our next stop in Adventureland was the Jungle Cruise! I LOVE THE JUNGLE CRUISE!! I am such a sucker for the cheesy humor and cheap jokes. But....we decided to Fastpass it and head to the Tiki Room. I DO NOT LOVE THE TIKI ROOM! I do this attraction because I love my family, but I really do not enjoy those birds! I’m not sure what it is, but it is my LEAST favorite attraction in all of MK. But...like I said...because I love my family, I endure!

After the difficult climb up the tree and the “tiki,tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room” , we needed some refreshment. Boy, were we in the right place! I was so looking forward to trying the much-talked-about and highly-loved Dole Whip! We got in the line and waited for our turn. I got the Dole Whip Float with pineapple whip and pineapple juice. Some of the boys got pineapple juice with orange whip. No matter the combination, these snacks are SO DELICIOUS! ::yes:: They definitely lived up to the hype....and this would not be our only stop of the trip. Here are some pictures of the family enjoying the tasty deliciousness that is the DOLE WHIP!

WednesdayMK-Disney200988.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200987.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200986.jpg

Dan was having a 14 year old moment and had separated himself from us. I took his pic anyway!
WednesdayMK-Disney200985.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200984.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200983.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200981.jpg

I took more pics of our snack than of the TreeHouse.....go figure!! LOL!

OH BOY!! It’s time for some JUNGLE CRUISIN’! We get in the FP line and are soon boarding our very own Jungle boat! Did I mention I LOVE this ride?? Well, I do, but this time I have to say I was disappointed. I guess the quality of your skipper can make or break the ride and our skipper just lacked something. He delivered the jokes, but they seemed to fall flat. He didn’t seem to improv at all, but stuck to the script. Even at the end of the ride where most skippers will keep telling jokes waiting to dock, ours just gave the customary “grab small children by the hand” speech. SO SAD....I was so looking forward to this. Oh well....I grabbed a few pics anyway. ENJOY!

WednesdayMK-Disney200980.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200978.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200979.jpg

Did you ever take the time to read this board? Too funny!
WednesdayMK-Disney200977.jpg

Trying to get over my disappointment from the Jungle Cruise fiasco and desperate to get that “tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room” song out of my head....we made a beeline for Pirates. Nothing cures the sad soul like a little bit of pirate treachery!

WednesdayMK-Disney200976.jpg

It was just past 6:00 pm and there was NO LINE at all for POC! How did we manage that?? We cruised through the queue area and right onto a waiting boat. Now...I like a walk-on ride as much as the next guy, but you miss a lot of cool stuff when you skip the queue! Pirates did NOT disappoint and we LOVED every minute of our ride. My favorite scene is the scene with the town on fire...SO COOL! And Captain Jack looks eerily real! LOVE IT! We disembarked and spent some time in the gift shop. Jonah purchased a Captain Jack Sparrow sword which he promptly put on his belt and carried around for the next several days!

The boys wanted to ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin so we headed there to see what the wait was like. This is one of those rides that we did not do in 2007, but figured we’d do this time if the standby line was fairly short. It was only a 15 minute wait so the boys got in line while Jeff and I found a spot along the fence to watch. They enjoyed the ride and we explored the market at Agrabah for a little while before we felt ready to head out of Adventureland.

WednesdayMK-Disney200975.jpg

I make a 3x5 card for each day with our Touring Plan and our plan for this day ended with POC then Wishes at 9:00. It was only 6:45 and we had accomplished EVERYTHING on our card and then some! With some time to kill before finding a spot for Wishes, we decided to head to Toontown and see if we could find any characters. We had not seen that many and figured now was a good time to character hunt since we had done all the attractions we wanted to for the day.

On our stroll to Toontown, we passed through Frontierland and took this picture of the boys.

WednesdayMK-Disney200998.jpg

Funny story...well, funny now, not so funny then. I was waiting for a chance to get BOTH boys in the stocks for a picture. Everytime one side opened up someone jumped in....it happened over, and over, and over again! Finally, I told Isaiah to get in the stocks and I’d get Jonah in as soon as I could and snap the picture. Well...someone did NOT like the idea of Isaiah waiting for me and he went right up to Isaiah and said “can you move, we’re trying to take a picture?” ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? We had been standing there for a good 5 minutes waiting to take a picture ourselves!! How could he not recognize that?? Jeff was off in the not so far distance and watched the whole thing transpire....he saw how irritated I was! I was about to be NOT SO MAGICAL on someone’s behind! GRRR......anyway....I finally got the picture I wanted. (But look at it again...can you see the exasperation on Isaiah's face?!) It took me a while to calm down....I’m lucky my DH is a good listener and he let me vent!

Up NEXT....what a way to end the day!

We haven't tried a Dole whip yet, can you explain the flavor? Is it like a cremesicle?

I am reading your pretrip report and enjoying it...I love the choice you made to wear the disney Tshirts...the matchy matchy is nice!

Mmmmmm!! Dole whips!! We had our very first Dole Whips on our trip--soooo good!

Just writing about them makes me want one! YUMMM!!!

We haven't tried a Dole whip yet, can you explain the flavor? Is it like a cremesicle?

I am reading your pretrip report and enjoying it...I love the choice you made to wear the disney Tshirts...the matchy matchy is nice!

Hmm....describe a Dole Whip. It actually comes in two flavors, pineapple or orange. It is a non-dairy frozen soft serve. The orange flavor does taste a little like a creamsicle, but I really prefer the pineapple. It's tangy and not too sweet...a perfect treat on a hot day. To make the float, the soft serve is added to pineapple juice. VERY, VERY TASTY! Highly recommended! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliments on the shirts. I wasn't sure my boys would go for identical shirts, so I got these that were similar but not not exactly the same. Turns out I didn't know my kids as well as I thought....stay tuned for that story! ;)

I still haven't had a dole whip and I've been to disney world four times. Lol. It seems like we always forget or are full by the time we see the dole whips. They look so delicious! We had a good day in mk when we visited in jan...we got everything done early like you as well...that is always nice! The first hour or so in the park really does make all the difference. We breezed through fantasy land without having to get any fast passes, which typically dosen't happen...at least not to us. Sorry you were upset...some people just take things so seriously...it wouldn't have hurt that family to have their person move so you could take the picture since you had been standing there longer. I hate when people are rude and mean especially in disney. :goodvibes Hopefully the rest of your evening wasn't ruined! :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome!:goodvibes I went back to look over your PTR and it was me. I wasn't able to spend much time on the boards before the trip:sad1: But I am back now and becoming addicted all over again.;) I spent the afternoon catching up on your PTR too.:thumbsup2

I love the pictures of all of you in front of the castle!! They turned out great:thumbsup2 We did the same kind of matchy-matchy shirts for our Magic Kingdom day.:goodvibes

Oh and the Dole Whips look so yummy!!!!! I wanted to try one so bad on our trip but just never got the chance. It's definitely a must-do on our next trip:thumbsup2

Great update!!

I too love Jungle Cruise. I want to ride at night this year. I've heard that it is really cool at night. Too bad about the lackluster CM.

Question: Was that Dole Float a snack credit or did you have to pay OOP??

POC is a favorite of the whole family.

Your pics are amazing!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Hey Missy!
The shirts came out nice...cant wait to hear the boys thoughts! :) Dole Whips are on the top of my list...I can't wait to try one. We will be there before I know it and I just can't wait! I am starting to work on my touring plans now...using the Unoffical guide of course since this will be our first trip! :goodvibes

Hi, love your trip report! We love trading pins and I'm sure we buy from the same place you do. We already have a stash that "Mickey" will drop by with some other gifts for my son's 5th birthday. Now, I need to go back and get caught up on some pages! :)

Sorry I missed you earlier...you must have snuck in while I was posting! :welcome: My boys so enjoyed pin trading this trip....I'll need to buy WAY more pins for our next trip. They were out of pins to trade in the first few days!

Loved the haircut trip report.

We are considering taking our 18 month old there for his first haircut but I think he might scream the shop down! He's badly in need of a cut though.

Those CMs at the barber shop are really good at what they do! They get "first haircuts" all the time and they know how to deal with crying little ones. Seriously, the CM never even flinched! :worship: Oh....and :welcome:

I still haven't had a dole whip and I've been to disney world four times. Lol. It seems like we always forget or are full by the time we see the dole whips. They look so delicious! We had a good day in mk when we visited in jan...we got everything done early like you as well...that is always nice! The first hour or so in the park really does make all the difference. We breezed through fantasy land without having to get any fast passes, which typically dosen't happen...at least not to us. Sorry you were upset...some people just take things so seriously...it wouldn't have hurt that family to have their person move so you could take the picture since you had been standing there longer. I hate when people are rude and mean especially in disney. :goodvibes Hopefully the rest of your evening wasn't ruined! :goodvibes

I agree that getting things done in the morning makes all the difference. OR...late at night as you'll see in my next update!

I got over the picture incident pretty quickly....looking back it wasn't that big of a deal, but I was really irritated at the time. We all want to take pics..and it will work out better for everyone if we all just take turns and are polite to each other! :cool2:

Thanks for the welcome!:goodvibes I went back to look over your PTR and it was me. I wasn't able to spend much time on the boards before the trip:sad1: But I am back now and becoming addicted all over again.;) I spent the afternoon catching up on your PTR too.:thumbsup2

I love the pictures of all of you in front of the castle!! They turned out great:thumbsup2 We did the same kind of matchy-matchy shirts for our Magic Kingdom day.:goodvibes

Oh and the Dole Whips look so yummy!!!!! I wanted to try one so bad on our trip but just never got the chance. It's definitely a must-do on our next trip:thumbsup2

Glad to have you back! :cheer2:

Definitely YUMMY!! Talking about them all evening has not been good...Now I'm craving one!

Great update!!

I too love Jungle Cruise. I want to ride at night this year. I've heard that it is really cool at night. Too bad about the lackluster CM.

Question: Was that Dole Float a snack credit or did you have to pay OOP??

POC is a favorite of the whole family.

Your pics are amazing!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

I wanted to try the JC at night too, but it just didn't work out. I haven't made it to that night in my report yet, but you'll see why if you keep reading!

The Dole Whip Float was a snack credit. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey Missy!
The shirts came out nice...cant wait to hear the boys thoughts! :) Dole Whips are on the top of my list...I can't wait to try one. We will be there before I know it and I just can't wait! I am starting to work on my touring plans now...using the Unoffical guide of course since this will be our first trip! :goodvibes

The boys really liked these shirts....which I knew they would because they were not identical. I didn't think they'd like identical ones, but as you'll see on our next MK day, I was WRONG!!

Love the UG...they have been right on for our last two trips! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Hi !!:goodvibes
Just found your trip report and have thoroughly enjoyed it !!!
Your family is lots of fun, and I really enjoy your details of such
a magical trip !!!:wizard:
I'm all caught up and can't wait for more ! :rolleyes1

:goodvibes Hi !!:goodvibes
Just found your trip report and have thoroughly enjoyed it !!!
Your family is lots of fun, and I really enjoy your details of such
a magical trip !!!:wizard:
I'm all caught up and can't wait for more ! :rolleyes1

:welcome: We had an incredible trip and it's fun to re-live it through my TR. I can see why writing them can be addicting!

WednesdayMK-Disney200988.jpg

I make a 3x5 card for each day with our Touring Plan and our plan for this day ended with POC then Wishes at 9:00.

I do the same thing!! :thumbsup2

Oh, how I wish I liked pineapple!! :sad1: Those Dole Whips look so good!! (Guess I'll just have to stick with Mickey Bars!) :mickeybar

I actually like the pictures with the Castle a bit off-center... it puts the focus on your family! The shirts look great!

Kathy

Great update once again, Missy! I love the pineapple float - so refreshing! I agree about the Jungle Cruise - that skipper can really make it or break it! We've had it both ways!

I love your castle pics - very cute! And very smart to remember to take all the park stuff off....I always forget to do that! :headache:

Stocks picture is cute...sorry it was such a pain to get!

Animatronic Johnny Depp....still gets a hubba hubba from me! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sara

Wow, you did get a lot accomplished.:thumbsup2 Definitely see Swiss Family Robinson. We got it through Netflix a couple of months ago and my whole family thoroughly enjoyed it.

The castle pictures are great.:goodvibes Good thinking to take off all of your gear. I'll have to remember that.

I can't wait to try a Dole Whip!:yay:

I do the same thing!! :thumbsup2

Oh, how I wish I liked pineapple!! :sad1: Those Dole Whips look so good!! (Guess I'll just have to stick with Mickey Bars!) :mickeybar

I actually like the pictures with the Castle a bit off-center... it puts the focus on your family! The shirts look great!

Kathy

Mmmm....a Mickey Bar! Yes, please!

I like the castle pics too...especially the pose with our arms up in the air. I think it's cute! :thumbsup2

Great update once again, Missy! I love the pineapple float - so refreshing! I agree about the Jungle Cruise - that skipper can really make it or break it! We've had it both ways!

I love your castle pics - very cute! And very smart to remember to take all the park stuff off....I always forget to do that! :headache:

Stocks picture is cute...sorry it was such a pain to get!

Animatronic Johnny Depp....still gets a hubba hubba from me! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sara

We had an incredibly funny JC skipper :sail: on our last trip, so I guess I had high expectations. Oh well..better luck next time!

Oooooh....me too! I love me some Johnny Depp! :love:

Wow, you did get a lot accomplished.:thumbsup2 Definitely see Swiss Family Robinson. We got it through Netflix a couple of months ago and my whole family thoroughly enjoyed it.

The castle pictures are great.:goodvibes Good thinking to take off all of your gear. I'll have to remember that.

I can't wait to try a Dole Whip!:yay:

We really did A LOT this day..and we aren't done yet! :banana:

Jeff and I have seen Swiss Family Robinson, but we need to share it with the boys. Maybe we'll get it this weekend!

I'm just catching up on your TR, and really enjoying it so far! I love those recent photopass pictures of y'all in front of the castle! My DH would be the same way about the castle not being centered. :rotfl: I think it actually makes the picture look better!

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

I'm just catching up on your TR, and really enjoying it so far! I love those recent photopass pictures of y'all in front of the castle! My DH would be the same way about the castle not being centered. :rotfl: I think it actually makes the picture look better!

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Hi there and :welcome: I see from your signature that you are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Do you own a timeshare with Wyndham? Just asking because my in-laws do and we stayed at the one in Vegas last April. They stayed at Bonnet Creek this past January.

We've been to WDW thirteen times and I have never bought a Dole Whip. We always walk by and say "oh that smells so good!" but we never stop. Gotta do it now!

Hey, Missy! LLLLUUUUVVVED the latest update!

Okay, a few things: The castle pics were really good, actually. I like that they were off centered, as well, because it gives the photos a different perspective AND you can see Walt and Mickey, too! Bonus! I think they are great! :cool1:

What a bummer about the person at the stocks. I would have lost my cool, too. Why couldn't they just let you get your picture? It wouldn't have taken all that long. People! Humph. ;)

Lastly, the Dole Whip. I want one sooooooo bad! When we were there in March with my family (DH opted out and stayed home - what a dork), so I pretty much was at their mercy for where they wanted to go and what they wanted to eat. I should have branched off more, but I didn't want to be rude.

We were in Frontierland and my sister said she wanted to go to Sleepy Hollow for a funnel cake. I knew I was somewhere in the vicinity of a Dole Whip and wanted to go looking for one since I've heard such wonderful things about them.

My parents were like, "What's a Dole Whip?" and as many times as they have been (and I'm talking A WHOLE LOTTA TIMES HERE!) they have never heard of a Dole Whip. They didn't really care to find out, either, so I have missed out yet again. Man, those pictures absolutely make my mouth water!

Thanks for sharing... :hug:

Hi there and :welcome: I see from your signature that you are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Do you own a timeshare with Wyndham? Just asking because my in-laws do and we stayed at the one in Vegas last April. They stayed at Bonnet Creek this past January.

Yeah, we bought Wyndham on our Disney honeymoon actually! I really like it because I think it makes us more willing to travel & use our points than if we didn't own. We also have stayed at the Vegas resort, and we just got back from a trip to Hawaii where we stayed at their Waikiki Beach resort. I love it! So we are treating our parents to a stay at the Bonnet Creek. It will be our first time staying there, so I'm excited! Did your in-laws like the resort??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter