• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Hello? I'm in the Carousel of Progress.."*UD1/13pg74"All Good Things...*

What a fanastic idea to get a haircut at WDW! :goodvibes I'll bet I can talk all my menfolk into that! Oh, and I'll be getting some of that pixie dust! :rotfl: Did it really cost the same as Supercuts? So, like $10? :confused3

Isaiah looks sooo handsome, as do all of your boys! pirate:

Well...the junior haircut at Supercuts is $10, but since he's over 10 years old, he has to pay full price. SO...at Supercuts his haircut would be $13. At MK it was $14. ( I think that is the child's price--age 12 and under) Plus a tip of course.

I so wanted pixie dust!! I should have done it because only at the MK could I get away with walking around with glitter and confetti in my hair! LOL! :rotfl:

Love the haircut pictures...love that the boys got the pixie dust. pixiedust:

well now you have something on the To Do list for the next Disney Trip! ;)

and I just had to share my princess getting her 1st haircut at the MK Barber Shop last June in 08: (hope you don't mind)

100_1805-1.jpg

100_1814-1.jpg

Yeah!! Dole Whips coming up!!! I can't wait to have mine soon.

Love the pics from Isaiah's haircut. What if he will only get a haircut in WDW from now on?:scared1:

How sweet is Isaiah!!! I love when they enjoy things that you're not sure if they still will. Anthony (who is also 12) surprised me so many times on this trip with things that I never would have thought he would do, but was happy to do it. Manny does not like spinning rides, like dumbo or triceratops spin. So he would sit them out on a bench and ask Anthony if he wanted to wait with him, he never once sat any of those "little kid" rides out. I told him at the beginning of the trip, that some kids are never lucky enough to go to Disney World, enjoy every minute of it!!!! He did, and it looks like yours did too!!!!!!! How Magical!!!!

Now I want to get my haircut there just to get some pixie dust!
Great update, can't wait for that dole whip! Yum!

Love the haircut pictures...love that the boys got the pixie dust. pixiedust:

Me too! :lovestruc

well now you have something on the To Do list for the next Disney Trip! ;)

You know it! :thumbsup2

and I just had to share my princess getting her 1st haircut at the MK Barber Shop last June in 08: (hope you don't mind)

100_1805-1.jpg

100_1814-1.jpg

Of course I don't mind! Margaret looks so sweet!! What a great memory...thanks for sharing!

Yeah!! Dole Whips coming up!!! I can't wait to have mine soon.

Love the pics from Isaiah's haircut. What if he will only get a haircut in WDW from now on?:scared1:

Oh..that would be a shame now wouldn't it?! :rolleyes: I was just looking at him today thinking he needs one....must be time to go back!! LOL!! I love that!

How sweet is Isaiah!!! I love when they enjoy things that you're not sure if they still will. Anthony (who is also 12) surprised me so many times on this trip with things that I never would have thought he would do, but was happy to do it. Manny does not like spinning rides, like dumbo or triceratops spin. So he would sit them out on a bench and ask Anthony if he wanted to wait with him, he never once sat any of those "little kid" rides out. I told him at the beginning of the trip, that some kids are never lucky enough to go to Disney World, enjoy every minute of it!!!! He did, and it looks like yours did too!!!!!!! How Magical!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. Some of my favorite pictures and memories are of Daniel meeting Tigger and Pooh on our 2007 trip. He was 12, but COMPLETELY embraced Disney magic! He really still does at 14, but you can see subtle changes. :sad1: I love that all of my boys still want to meet characters and ride Dumbo and collect autographs and pennies. I'll take it for as long as it lasts! :)

Now I want to get my haircut there just to get some pixie dust!
Great update, can't wait for that dole whip! Yum!

MMM....I can almost taste it! :tongue:

Add Billy to the list of big boys who don't like haircuts!! :rotfl2:

Isaiah looks so handsome... and I'm sure he'll remember the magical MK pixie-dusting he got for a very long time!!

Love the balloon shot, too!! :cloud9: Pixiedust and Dole Whips in the same afternoon?? Wow, talk about magic!!

Kathy

Love the update!! What a fun thing to do! I read about it all the time on here, but we have never stopped! It's definitely on the list! (And I want some pixie dust too!)

The boys looks so cute! Love the balloon pic! :love:

Sara

The haircut idea is so fun. My DS who is 20 months just got his first haircut in a shop a couple of weeks ago and was not pleased. So he sat on daddy's lap while it got cut and he did much better. I wonder if stickers & bubbles would really work on him....it's something to thing about for next time. Great pictures!

Ooooooooo... free pixie dust!!

Love the haircut!! What a fun experience!

It really was fun! The CM was very nice and talked to us the whole time. She was telling us that we were lucky we were visiting the week we did rather than the week before because they had to close the park for capacity! YIKES! :scared1:

How fun! To get your hair cut in Disney! That should make anyone smile!

:):):):)

Add Billy to the list of big boys who don't like haircuts!! :rotfl2:

Isaiah looks so handsome... and I'm sure he'll remember the magical MK pixie-dusting he got for a very long time!!

Love the balloon shot, too!! :cloud9: Pixiedust and Dole Whips in the same afternoon?? Wow, talk about magic!!

Kathy

SO magical!! And our FIRST Dole Whips, no less! What a day! :yay:

Love the update!! What a fun thing to do! I read about it all the time on here, but we have never stopped! It's definitely on the list! (And I want some pixie dust too!)

The boys looks so cute! Love the balloon pic! :love:

Sara

I'm so glad we took the time to do it. I think it will be something we try to do on every trip..very cool experience! :thumbsup2

The haircut idea is so fun. My DS who is 20 months just got his first haircut in a shop a couple of weeks ago and was not pleased. So he sat on daddy's lap while it got cut and he did much better. I wonder if stickers & bubbles would really work on him....it's something to thing about for next time. Great pictures!

Seemed to work like a charm on the little girl in front of us! She didn't even know what hit her! But she had a big smile on her face when she left so it was ALL good!

Only 4 more days till your trip???? How excited are you? :banana:

My DH is just like your son, he HATES to get his hair cut. I really don't know why, because he feels so good afterwards.:confused3 I am definitely going to corrall him into getting his hair cut there, minus the color, but perhaps a bit of pixie dust! Great pictures, by the way!

Mousescrapper, LOVE the pictures of Margaret getting her first hair cut!!! How adorable was she????:cutie:

Hey! :cool1: Late to the party here, but I just spent last night catching up on your TR and I'm loving it :) You and your "boys" sound like you had so much fun. We are leaving in 3 weeks and reading your TR is helping me pass the time and get even more excited :) :) Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh how cute! Love the pixie dust. That is awesome your son was able to get a haircut while you were vactioning. That is probably something he'll always remember. Can't we get pixie dust everytime we get our hair cuts at home? :)

The haircut looks great. How fun to get your hair cut at MK! And at a very reasonable price, too. Love the pixie dust! I'm like you, I'd have wanted it, too. The whole family should have gotten it done! Maybe next trip...???

My parents are at Disney right this very moment, staying at the Wilderness Lodge (home sweet home :guilty:). I'm so JEALOUS! They called me yesterday after they arrived and said they were waiting on the bus to AK. I could just picture them outside of the Lodge at the bus stop. We went to SSR in March, so I've been missing my WL. Oh, well! I'm rambling here, but what I wanted to say was that reading your TR today is really helping me get through the "I'm not at Disney, too, blues". Especially the photo of those balloons. I love those!

Thanks, Missy!

Hi:) I'm signing on late to the fun but I just had to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report!!!:thumbsup2 I found your TR this weekend and caught up on the whole thing.;) It looks like your family had a wonderful vacation.:goodvibes We were there around the same time as you so it's been fun looking at all your pictures and remembering...... I can't wait for more!!!popcorn::

My DH is just like your son, he HATES to get his hair cut. I really don't know why, because he feels so good afterwards.:confused3 I am definitely going to corrall him into getting his hair cut there, minus the color, but perhaps a bit of pixie dust! Great pictures, by the way!

We keep telling Isaiah that his hair just doesn't look good long and he's much more handsome after a haircut! :cool2:

Hey! :cool1: Late to the party here, but I just spent last night catching up on your TR and I'm loving it :) You and your "boys" sound like you had so much fun. We are leaving in 3 weeks and reading your TR is helping me pass the time and get even more excited :) :) Can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

Hi and :welcome: A trip in 3 weeks sounds great...want a tag-along!! LOL! :rotfl:

Oh my gosh how cute! Love the pixie dust. That is awesome your son was able to get a haircut while you were vactioning. That is probably something he'll always remember. Can't we get pixie dust everytime we get our hair cuts at home? :)

I should just start carrying my own "pixie dust" to the shop and then just sprinkle the boys when they are done! pixiedust: I think people might think I'm INSANE!!! :crazy:

The haircut looks great. How fun to get your hair cut at MK! And at a very reasonable price, too. Love the pixie dust! I'm like you, I'd have wanted it, too. The whole family should have gotten it done! Maybe next trip...???

My parents are at Disney right this very moment, staying at the Wilderness Lodge (home sweet home :guilty:). I'm so JEALOUS! They called me yesterday after they arrived and said they were waiting on the bus to AK. I could just picture them outside of the Lodge at the bus stop. We went to SSR in March, so I've been missing my WL. Oh, well! I'm rambling here, but what I wanted to say was that reading your TR today is really helping me get through the "I'm not at Disney, too, blues". Especially the photo of those balloons. I love those!

Thanks, Missy!

I so get that feeling! Glad I can help you in some small way to get through it!! :hug:

Hi:) I'm signing on late to the fun but I just had to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report!!!:thumbsup2 I found your TR this weekend and caught up on the whole thing.;) It looks like your family had a wonderful vacation.:goodvibes We were there around the same time as you so it's been fun looking at all your pictures and remembering...... I can't wait for more!!!popcorn::

Hi! I think you may have stopped into my PTR at some point...your screen name looks familiar! If so...welcome back! If I'm completely mistaken, then :welcome: Thanks for reading! I'll have to check out your TR and compare notes!

Hi, love your trip report! We love trading pins and I'm sure we buy from the same place you do. We already have a stash that "Mickey" will drop by with some other gifts for my son's 5th birthday. Now, I need to go back and get caught up on some pages! :)

Loved the haircut trip report.

We are considering taking our 18 month old there for his first haircut but I think he might scream the shop down! He's badly in need of a cut though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter