"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

We love SSR too! It's a beautiful place. I think being across from DTD was amazing. It's calm & quiet while close to the action. Love it!

So excited that I found your review...loved your last one! Hard to find good vegetarian reviews! Congrats on your engagement~hoping you are going to do a DFTW!

Pecos Bill

After our breakfast, Ben did a bit of filming and I took some pics and then we were suitably fuelled enough to start our adventures. And where were we starting? Why, Liberty Square of course! Possibly my favourite land in MK and incredibly underrated, I feel! Haunted Mansion was to be our first ride as it’s both of our favourites and we’d become massively obsessed with the history and everything surrounding the story, in the months leading up to the trip. Excitement levels = high. But first, a stroll through beautiful Liberty Square. I just LOVE this land, all the architecute of the houses, the peaceful vibes, the fact that it looks like a perfect little New England town…it’s the best. I love anything New England/Colonial/Salem Witch Trials haha so it suits me to a T :)

LIBSPICS2021_zpse68b440e.jpg

LIBSPICS2022_zpsb9fedb9a.jpg

LIBSPICS2023_zps72bef8dd.jpg

We made a beeline for the adorable rocking chairs as we got some cute photos here in 2011 that I was keen to replicate :)Benj took a couple of me:

LIBSPICS2025_zps86790fa9.jpg

I was about to get up to take a couple of him, when I suddenly froze. Ben had flagged down a passing CM and was asking him to take a photo of us. Now, you may be wondering why I froze. Not an unusual thing to do, asking a CM to take a pic of us. But, for Benj, it really is unusual. He’s super duper shy and doesn’t really like talking to staff/people working in places etc unless I really make him lol, like to complain or something. He’d rather just leave it, or if it’s to take a photo, he’ll just take the photo of me and we won’t get one of us together. But here we were, in my favourite land in my favourite park in WDW and he was asking the CM to take a photo of us. Have you guessed why I froze yet?

I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE! Sweet lord almighty, I thought This Is It. It seemed to take a lifetime for him to walk back up the stairs towards me and sit down in the rocking chair. But he did, we smiled, the CM took the photo, Benj got back up and walked down the stairs to take the camera back and the CM walked away. Oh. Okay then! Hahaha. I jokingly said to him “Flippin heck babe I thought you were going to propose then!” He laughed and I didn’t think anything more of it! I just asked him what he thought when I said that and he said he slightly soiled himself but he thought it was pretty funny. Little did I know at the time what a premonition this was!!

‘That’ photo

LIBSPICS2026_zps90e7c2d6.jpg

So, after the rocking chair pics, we continued on our merry way to the HM. Oooooh excitement levels were at an all time high – our very first Disney ride!

LIBSPICS2031_zps49f2a546.jpg

We went through the interactive queue bit (obviously) and played with all the stuff as we walked through :) I hate when people just walk through this bit, tutting at you cause you’re in the way. USE THE OTHER SIDE PEOPLE, IT’S FOR GRUMPIES LIKE YOU.

LIBSPICS2032_zpsd5d7142d.jpg

LIBSPICS2034_zps12b2bb75.jpg

In no time at all we were through and onto the ride. We just love everything about HM, IMO it is pure Disney magic at its finest and it gets more interesting with every ride!

We then did Splash Mountain, BTM and POTC in quick succession.

As we were right near it, we then decided the time was right for a Tiki Tiki room visit. We’d never been on this and having read lots about it (the original Disneyland attraction was the first to feature WED audio-animatronic technology!) I had become obsessed with experiencing the Tiki, so we joined the line. It was a 10 minute wait so not too bad and we got to watch the pre-show bit outside :goodvibes

LIBSPICS2050_zps24e59fea.jpg

We loved the show! I loooove cheesy old jokes and pun related humour so I was in my element hehe :) The song is obviously uber catchy too and we were singing it all day. I was overcome with emotion and we clapped at the end! Ben said it was ‘whimsical,’ his fave word for specially selected rides at WDW hehe :goodvibes

We were peckish by this point so an early lunch was in order and seeing as we were right next to it, it would have been rude not to go to Pecos Bill! We had an ‘Ohana ADR at 6.30 so an early lunch was def a good idea. Oh how excited I was to finally have a Disney counter service lunch, I’d waited 2 years!!

LIBSPICS2053_zps1c92e427.jpg

Love the theming in here

LIBSPICS2055_zps8dd95e0c.jpg

We decided to just share a veggie burger CS meal (see breakfast for notes on early holiday frugality) and we loaded that badboy up with toppings….I say toppings, I mean cheese sauce.

Here are our respective lunches! Mmmmmmmmm those fries are goooood!

LIBSPICS2056_zps3083aff0.jpg

LIBSPICS2057_zpse95f72c9.jpg

We shared a choc cake afterwards, we loved them! Super gooey and fudgey, just the sweet bite you need after a big burger meal. (no photo, sorry!)

The Verdict

It’s Pecos Bill. It’s incredible. It’s a wedding dress!!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Bonus – THE PROPOSAL

So this is in no way related to food but I think it’s nice to include it! So, after lunch, we watched the show in front of the castle before heading to my favourite attraction, CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS. I just love it so much.

Now, slightly embarrassingly my notes say I cried during CoP! I can’t remember but Ben said he looked over and I had tears running down my face haha, ohhhhh Libby. The show was fabulous and I lolle’d massively at all the jokes, tutting at people around us who didn’t and silently loving the people who were laughing and smiling along with us. Don’t you be going in CoP and not smiling! Don’t!

You may remember that earlier, we bumped into our two friends who were doing KTTK and we’d arranged to meet afterwards. Whilst we were in CoP, I got a text from Victoria saying their tour was finished and shall we meet them outside the Partners statue. I text back saying yesssss and we arranged to meet at about 2.30, I think it was.

We walked out of Tomorrowland and towards the castle, where we could see Vic and Ian waiting for us. Hugs and kisses were exchanged and we excitedly listened to their stories of the KTTK tour. We were doing it in a week and we COULDN’T WAIT! We chatted about our plans for the afternoon and decided we wanted to do some rides together (seeing as I had very graciously stayed despite the heat and crowds haha – remember earlier convo?) Ian then said why don’t we get some Photopass photos of us all in front of the castle, seeing as we were there? I was well up for this as we only had a few days in the parks together, so we wandered towards Main Street towards a waiting PP photographer. We all knew the drill so it was bags, cameras and bottles of Coke dumped on the ground and we all stood together in front of the castle, SMIIIIILE!

wdw201329214276245_zps1722113c.jpeg

He took a few photos of the four of us and then Victoria suggested we get a couple of just us girlies, so the boys left us and we did that. Vic then said why don’t you get some of you and Ben, so again I happily obliged. You can never have too many PP photos in my opinion!

The guy took a few photos of us and then paused, so I stepped forwards as the sun was unbelievably bright in my eyes and I was all squinty haha.

But, as I went to step away, I felt a tap on my arm and I heard Ben say “Lib, wait!” I turned around and OH MY GOD he was on one knee, holding out a box. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG oh my goodness, he was proposing! I don’t even know what was going through my head at this moment…just total, total shock and surprise! I honestly was so taken aback! I just stared at him haha!

He said “Will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?” He said I looked at him really blankly hahaah and after what felt like an eternity of stunned silence (and it certainly looks like that in the photos! ) I said ‘oh my god of course I will! ’ and he got back up and we kissed :lovestruc we were both shaking! As we kissed, there was loads of cheering and wooing! Clever Benji had timed the proposal perfectly, it was 2.45 and people were lining Main Street for the afternoon parade so we had a wonderful audience watching our special moment! I always kinda wanted a public proposal so I was over the moon! I then tore my eyes away from Ben for the first time and saw Vic and Ian cheering for us and I realised Ian had filmed the whole thing and Vic had been taking photos! She also did a little video of the aftermath! I remember shouting out to them ‘you were in on this!?!?’ and they nodded hehe :) Ben then showed me my beautiful ring and put it on my finger, ooooooh so sparkly :bride:

Here are SOME of the photos, in chronological order, so you can feel like you were there :woohoo: (there’s a lot more where these came from! )

wdw201329214276169copy_zps0de7e1f3.jpeg

wdw201329214276250copy_zpsa0161b0a.jpeg

wdw201329214276199copy_zps354fbf1f.jpeg

wdw201329214276176copy_zps79233a22.jpeg

wdw201329214276177copy_zps699bc5b3.jpeg

wdw201329214276171copy_zpsaecf9b45.jpeg

We then stepped out from the middle of Main Street and regrouped on the pavement, where the PP guy was like ‘congratulations!’ and gave Ben the card, saying he’d taken a million photos :thumbsup2 I had burst into tears by this point and was just stood there crying and shaking haha. I hugged Vic and Ian and then started asking a million questions, the first of which was ‘did you ask my Dad babe? ’ and he had which made me cry even more hehe :) I asked him when he decided, how the whole thing came about, who else knew, how long Vic and Ian had known, all the questions! All whilst still crying hah!! Obviously I was hoping he might propose soon as we’ve been together so long and WDW to me, was a perfect place to do it :) But, there were a couple of reasons I didn’t think he’d do it, and especially not this day. Firstly, when I had the day before we flew off work and I was packing, he’d told me to put anything I wanted into his case. Hmmmm I thought. Obviously not worried I’m going to find a ring….. Secondly, I thought I’d totally know if he was going to do it. I know him so well and I thought he’d be all quiet and weird on the actual day. He was completely, 100% normal! Thirdly, that Saturday I totally had my guard down as it was Victoria’s birthday and I didn’t think he’d do it on her birthday! What actually happened was he decided it had to be that date really as it was the only day we were guaranteed to be at MK (very true, all other days could have changed but first day is also MK! ) and he wanted Vic and Ian to be in on it too.

The memory of the actual moment and aftermath is hazy for both of us, we both cried lol (Ben just a bit!) and it was just super emotional, so we are soooooo glad we have the photos and videos to remind us :) People who’d seen it were walking by saying ‘congratulations!’ and lots of people were smiling at us, it was so lovely :) We discussed our next moves and Ben suggested we go and get me a ‘Just Engaged’ badge, seeing as we were celebrating now! Woooo! He said it was so funny when I couldn’t have one in the morning, cause he knew what was coming! And I’d told Vic and Ian the story too so they were cracking up also! We made our way back down Main Street, me still asking Ben loads of questions and completely ignoring the mascara and eyeliner running down my face, I must have looked a right state :D We got to the badge cart and I excitedly told the guy we’d just got engaged and could we have some badges please :D He couldn’t believe we’d just got engaged right there outside the castle and he was so happy for us! We got our badges and stuck them proudly to our fronts, before making our way out of the park, hand in hand :)

Benj really outdid himself with this one, honestly. Being proposed to in front of the castle was my ultimate dream. He nailed it!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Your such a pretty red head, you should work at Disney...

Awwwwww :lovestruc:lovestruc what a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much! I did actually look into being Ariel once…but I'm too tall! I'm 6ft so too tall to be a princess haha! :( thank you for your sweet message though :) xxx

So excited that I found your review...loved your last one! Hard to find good vegetarian reviews! Congrats on your engagement~hoping you are going to do a DFTW!

Aww thank you so much!! Hope you find it helpful for future trips!

Pssttt don't tell anyone but it's pretty much 100% for a DFTW at the moment :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: xxxxx

If it's slightly embarrassing to cry at CoP how do you feel about a stranger crying at your proposal story!! You guys are so cute.Congratulations to you both and I am loving your reviews.It has been very cold and snowy here this week and my son has been sick but we have been reading your great reviews and he loves your pictures!

:love:CONGRADULATIONS!:lovestruc

I just love all our reviews and loved reading about your proposal!:wizard:

You and Ben make such a cute couple, wishing you two all the best in the future!

You two certainly know how to make a trip of it! Three weeks sounds like heaven! Congrats on the engagement, too!

I just found report and what a great day to join. Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to hear about the Disney wedding! ;)

Jill in CO

YAYYY Congratulations!! What an exciting proposal story :) So glad your friends were able to see it, too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter