"Hee hee hee, haw haw haw!" A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT again! COMPLETE!!!

Well if you ask me there is NOTHING wrong with eating in bed :thumbsup2

I find it so funny as a local that places like Yankee Candle and Five Guys are an attraction! I'm glad you enjoyed your shopping & food day (minus the power outages :scared1:)

Hahaha you are so LUCKY that you have Yankee Candle and Five Guys in your life on a regular basis!! I bought soooo many amazing smelling candles, at like half the price they are here!! It was a good day :thumbsup2 xxx

I love your dining report! I just had to read your previous one, and it is fantastic - you guys are so cute.

And eating on the hotel bed while watching movies is one of my favorite evening activities on vacation!!

I so wanted to try Giordanos when we were there in September. Hopefully our next trip!

Aww thank you so much! So glad you enjoyed it :teeth: Well when you say it like that, it makes sense that we ate on our bed! Haha, it just felt weird 2 nights in a row... Hope you get to try Giordanos, it's the BEST!!! xxxx

Quiet dinners with my family, in our room, watching some TV = vacation to me. It is very relaxing!

I have never been to a GC - I don't think we have them in MN, honestly, but I bet my kids could tear that place up!

It was indeed relaxing :) :) Oh you should try GC! They had SO MUCH variety, it was a good breakfast!! xxx

Stopping by to say hi and a great start

Hey sweetie! Thank you!! :teeth: xxxx

LOVING your reviews and so excited that there have been so many food experiences and you're not even IN Disney yet!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

LOVING your reviews and so excited that there have been so many food experiences and you're not even IN Disney yet!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you so much!! :teeth: haha yeah we've got aaaaggeeees to go til we even step FOOD on Disney soil!! SO. MUCH. FOOD. xxx

Red Lobster

The plan for tonight was Red Lobster and to say I was excited would be possibly the biggest understatement in the history of understatements. If you remember, we were going to go in 2011 but the schedule didn’t allow (we got too many pizza deliveries…) so I was determined to go this time! I’d been looking at the menu online for…3 years!?!?! Depressing! So I was so looking forward to it! First though, a little drink, which I think I’ll include as they were lovely!

We left about 6.30 and headed across the road to Millers Ale House. We ate here in 2011 but I didn’t like it because I think I ordered the wrong thing. It is SO FUN for drinks though, we love it!! We walked through and grabbed a table for two outside, right by the balcony bit.

FL2013BATCH1131_zpsa180a26d.jpg

FL2013BATCH1132_zpsd9b78f3f.jpg

FL2013BATCH1135_zps15c6e83c.jpg

We perused the menu and I couldn’t even believe the deals I was seeing! It was Happy Hour so the deals were cray cray! Benj ordered a 32oz Miller Lite and I decided on a lovely tropical little number, double coconut parrot bay rum and Sienna Mist! Basically a Malibu and Lemonade…not my normal choice but I just fancied something coconutty, always makes me feel in a holiday mood!

FL2013BATCH1138_zpsd8c3f542.jpg

Loved this ad!

FL2013BATCH1139_zps6c907e63.jpg

Our drinks were bought out and we sat chatting for a while. We then had another round of drinks and then we started to get a bit peckish and decided it was time to make a move.

We strolled back to our hotel and got in a taxi bound for Red Lobster. Excitement levels – high. Blurry waiting for taxi selfie:

FL2013BATCH1140_zps4ef53a56.jpg

RL was like, really far away! I had no idea! Well not far, but not in the immediate vicinity like I thought it was, so that was surprising!
We walked in the restaurant and I immediately looooved how it looked, all dark wood, white napkins and classy :) I had a feeling I was going to enjoy this experience! We were led to a table for 2 but I cheekily asked if we could possibly have a booth as they looked lovely and I saw some couples in them :p The greeter said no problem and we were led to a cute, spacious booth.

Our server was realllly nice and friendly and as he had to come back twice before I had made my mind up which starter to get, obviously very patient! We all laughed about it though and I told him that I was so excited and it all looked so good, it was impossible to choose! It really, really was. He probably thought I was such a weirdo. I got a glass of pinot to drink and Benj got a Bud Lite and we literally sat for ages while I tried to decide. Ben had quite a few options too which was good to know as being a seafood restaurant, I had been concerned!

FL2013BATCH1145_zpsa040547a.jpg

Eventually I decided and we placed our orders for starters and mains, OBVIOUSLY we were having starters!!! After we ordered, we were bought out a basket containing BISCUITS OF HEAVEN. Now, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are famous the world over and they were a big reason I wanted to eat here, to see what all the fuss was about! Well, after spreading butter on one of these babies and taking a big ol bite, I could see what the fuss was all about. These little rolls were 100% sent from heaven above and when I took a bite, all the stars aligned, angels sang and light shone down on me.

FL2013BATCH1144_zps5a661bae.jpg

FL2013BATCH1147_zpsdaf432e5.jpg

They were warm, cheesy, super salty and garlicky. All my favourite things. I ate 2 in quick succession (yes, 2 biscuits) and then I had to stop myself for going for another. It was hard though. Very hard. Ben was also loving them and had put away a couple before we remembered we had actually ordered food too.

All gone…

FL2013BATCH1146_zps97b1639b.jpg

Our starters were bought out after a nice wait and we were extremely excited!

Benji chose onion rings – there were a lot of veggie starter options but he said he was just really in the mood for onion rings! They were SO incredible, really light, tempura style batter and little perfectly cooked rings of onion. They rivalled 50’s Prime Time onion rings although both are amazing in very different ways!

FL2013BATCH1149_zpsf5d1d54f.jpg

I selected the seafood dip…sweet mother of all that is holy, was this good.

FL2013BATCH1148_zps91c9f779.jpg

It honestly was one of the best things I ate all holiday and I could straightaway see this was going to be an amazing meal! It was spinach, artichoke and lobster dip, all chunky and creamy and cheesy. It was absolutely amazing, soooo much lobster! There were seriously a million chips though and sooo much dip…I did manage to force most of it down though, I couldn’t stop eating it! Benj ate most of his onion rings too, he loved em! I think we both ate another biscuit too…our server bought us out more :( (…I asked him to…)

Before we knew it, our mains were bought out! Oh no, we forgot about them! I was honestly feeling full after the biscuits and before the starters so now we’d had both…I was a goner. I had that warm, content feeling you get after a lovely, filling meal. Oops.

But, we MANNED UP and attacked our respective dishes with gusto. I had accidentally ordered loads so my dishes took up an embarrassing amount of space on the table…

FL2013BATCH1152_zps95f64a98.jpg

I ordered a combination; 2 items, garlic shrimp scampi and coconut shrimp, with a LOADED potato. I became obsessed with loaded baked potatoes whilst we were out there; if it was on the menu, I wanted it! I double checked with our server to make sure the potato really was loaded…he assured me it was! I decided not to get the lobster stuffed loaded potato that I was going to which in hindsight was a very good idea, as you’ll see when I share my ‘after’ plate! I also got a lobster tail…it was $13, I couldn’t not!

FL2013BATCH1151_zps3a1f2e96.jpg

You also get a salad with any entrée! So I got Caesar, natch. It was a lorra lorra food. It was all incredible though. The lobster tail was like nothing I’d ever tried and it was def the best cooked lobster I’d ever had. I was very aware that was expensive so I ate that first haha! The shrimp scampi was nice and garlicky but sadly I could barely make a dent in it. The coconut shrimp was really lovely too, absolutely huge shrimp with a sweet coconutty batter. The salad was life-changing. Ben wanted to get another one! It was just really good.

So whilst I was battling with my feast, Ben was working his way through this little beaut; grilled vegetable skewers with fries and a Caesar salad.

FL2013BATCH1150_zpse1c76334.jpg

He said the skewers were really good, especially the squash, but the mushrooms were not so good. A bit raw! Like I said, he demolished the salad. He was super full as well though after eating all his starter (plus those devilish biscuits…) so he had to call it a day. I have written in my notes ‘Ben cried’ haha. He didn’t really. But he was upset at having to leave so much, as was I. Eyes bigger than bellies there :( Story of our lives eh!

These are the ‘after’ shots…wow.

FL2013BATCH1154_zpsc9c90a3a.jpg

FL2013BATCH1153_zps0f72c9bd.jpg

Fail!!!

FL2013BATCH1155_zps0cf69b3b.jpg

Our server came to collect our plates and we paid up; the meal was about $70 which I thought was VERY reasonable considering the amount of amazing seafood I had!!! We also had a chuckle when we realised my dinner made up $50 of that, whilst Ben’s was $20! Haha ohhhh. We left our server a good tip because he was very good and friendly. We then waddled out of the restaurant, into a taxi and straight into bed.

The Verdict

Absolutely 100% the top score! This was one of my faovurite meals of the whole trip. The restaurant itself, the amazing food, the PRICE, our waiter...it was all just perfect. Those cheddar bay biscuits were seriously life-changing. I wasn't sure if anywhere else would top it on the holiday!! guess you'll have to keep reading to find out if we does :teeth:

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

I was so excited to see your dining report, as I remember your last one and loved reading along!
I love your enthusiasm for all the American things we have here and makes me stop and appreciate everything we have!

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! You and Benji are an adorable couple! I wish you much love and happiness!
Please update us if you decide to have a DFTW! Would LOVE to follow along on that. :goodvibes

I have to say, until a few weeks ago, I have never been to a Red Lobster. My DH took me for lunch because he got tired of me saying I've never been to one. :upsidedow
I agree that the cheddar biscuits are AMAZING!!!

Looking forward to reading your report!!

I'm having fun reading along. We had Giordano's in Aug. ourselves & it was really,really good! We are looking forward to ordering it on our next trip! YUMOH!! You 2 are a cute couple, happy wedding planning & congrats!!!!!!!

I love your report! I was thrilled to see you two are engaged! Can't wait to read more! Enjoy the wedding planning! :cool1:

Discovery Cove

Today was Discovery Cove! We went in 2011 and loved it so decided to return this year, without doing the dolphin swim to save some pennies. It was unfortunately a COLD day; all the DC workers were wearing coats and big jumpers! And we were in our swimming stuff haha! Brrr. It didn’t really warm up until about 3pm but we persevered and just tried to grin and bear it!!! It was a shame though.

We got there early, checked in, got our wetsuits on and chose a good spot to set up camp right in front of the dolphin pool.

Sun loungers baggsied, we headed off in search of brekkie. It was soooo good last time and this time was no different. We were a lot earlier this year so it was less busy which was good and we got our food quickly :) So many good brekkie options!

Photos courtesy of the underwater camera!

CRIM0003_zpsff000ccf.jpg

We both had a cooked breakfast, mine with meat and Ben’s sans meat, French toast sticks with maple syrup, raspberry and maple pastries and a really lovely yoghurt parfait. We scarfed the lot down and it was wonderful, I was stuffed! Chocolate milk for me and a Minute Maid for Benj to wash it down :)

After breakfast we went around the lazy river to warm up a bit, and then into the Grand Reef. We were initially really freaked out by the rays and fish last time, but then LOVED it! And this time we were straight into the freezing water and enjoying all the fish, for like an hour!!

It then all started to get a bit wrinkly so we decided a change of scenery was in order and the new otter section was suggested :D We LOVE otters, I think Benj could watch them all day long (he loves it when they hold stuff in their paws lol) so we were keen! I needed the loo so we hopped out to quickly go before the otters…

…and then disaster struck.

As I came out from the loo Benj was waiting for me and he was just looking at me blankly. I said ‘what’s wrong? ’ and he just held out his phone and wallet and said ‘I took these swimming with me’ !

UH OH!! His little face!!!! This was such an unfortunate thing to happen and kinda bummed us out for the rest of the day :( Ben wasn’t as fussed as me as I think he just accepted it but I was gutted as it was a brand new phone!! Plus I wanted us to be able to stay in contact and stuff in case we ever had to split up and post photos etc when we got to Disney to share with our friends :( Never mind. It’s all good now; he had to revert back to his old phone for a year and continue to pay his contract, and he’s literally just been able to upgrade and get a new one, haha! Changed his life now though as he had the old one for so long!!

So after this slight mishap, we decided to carry on with the day and pop to Walmart in the afternoon to try and get a cheap phone for him to have over the holiday. I was actually secretly thrilled about this as I LOVE Walmart and didn’t think we’d get a chance to go this holiday :D So thanks Benj for taking your phone swimming with you!! Hahaha

We felt alcohol would help cheer us up so we strolled to the bar, grabbed a frozen pina colada and a Landshark beer, chips, pretzels and mustard and went back to our loungers. We sat chilling for a little while which was really nice :) If a little cold!!

After our snacks, Benj decided he wanted to go and do a bit more swimming and I decided to stay and read my magazine for a bit. It was sooooooo relaxing lying there and even though it was still cold, I wrapped my towel round me and was quite happy :) In fact, I was feeling SO relaxed that I then took my contact lenses out and had a little sleep!

I probably slept for about 45 minutes (which I think I REALLY needed) and Benj came back to the loungers and gently woke me up. I woke up absolutely ravenous and we decided to go for some luncheon. Mmmm I was excited for this, again in 2011 the food was awesome! It was proper lunch rush hour unfortunately so we had to queue for about 20 minutes but it was actually good because it gave me a chance to scout out the options and pick what I fancied!
We both got burgers; I got the Beach burger which was a cheeseburger and Ben got the veggie burger. We also got chips and a Caesar salad…and I accidentally got mac and cheese too. OOPS! Choc fudge cake and a Chardonnay rounded lunch off nicely. Classy!! we sat outside listening to the super-cool band playing reggae. Ooooohhh, it was so relaxing!

CRIM0027_zpsd009c703.jpg

CRIM0028_zpsac9f269a.jpg

(great photo Lib hahhaah)

Mmmm mac and cheese and chips combo, CARBY!!

We spent the rest of the afternoon chilling out on our sunloungers and feeding the birds in the aviary which was so fun! We left about mid-afternoon for Walmart (TREAT!!), and to get ready for our dinner that evening :)

The Verdict

We think the food at DC is very good. Fresh, flavourful and plentiful. And, you feel like you’re getting a great deal because it’s all included in the price of the day! Considering we had our Seaworld tickets and got the DC ones ‘free’, it felt even more of a bargain!! Saying that, I’m going to give it a blue dress because I don’t feel it’s quite worthy of a pink, if that makes sense (not sure it does!!)

Screenshot2012-01-25at152249.png

Olive Garden

The plan for tonight had actually been Outback Steakhouse! However, when I looked on the iPad to find out where it actually was, it was miles away! We thought it would be expensive for a taxi and we weren’t really feeling it to be honest, so we decided to swap it for one of our FAVES, Olive Garden woooooo!

We fancied a quick drink first and Benj had wanted to go to Marlows Tavern on the Bar Crawl, plus you could walk to OG from there, so it was fate! We sat at the outside bar which was really cool and it was lovely. Benj had a cheeky double rum and diet coke and I had a 6 oz glass of Pinot Grigio. No photos, sozzz!

We strolled over to Olive Garden about 8pm and were handed a buzzer and told we could wait at the bar. Déjà vu! There was a really lovely woman working at the bar who helped me choose a wine. I pretty much drink any wine (classy ;) ) but she was adamanent she’d find me one I really loved. She gave me tasters of 3 wines and I chose the one I liked the best What a babe! :lovestruc

Benj had a beer and our buzzer buzzed just as we were paying…déjà vu again!

IMG_7267_zps588ba3cc.jpg

And then, we were taken to our table…the exact same one we sat at in 2011! Déjà vu!!!!

Most unusually for us (mainly me), we decided what we wanted pretty quickly and our waitress had taken our order in no time. We were then bought the army of food that isn’t even part of your actual dinner, one of the many reasons we love this restaurant :laughing:

We got a lovely salad to share, as well as the breadsticks which I don’t seem to have a photo of :( probably because we ate them all so quickly…

IMG_7271_zpsff02d79c.jpg

We decided to share two starters (not that we needed to but hey) – smoked mozzarella fonduta and the caprese flatbread.

IMG_7274_zps2d7f942d.jpg

IMG_7275_zpsa439ee7f.jpg

Both were BEAUTIFUL, especially the fondue which was cheesy and oozy and amazing. Obviously we were stuffed after eating both of these (and the breadsticks and the salad…) when would we learn? (We never learned. We ate like this the entire 3 weeks *sigh*)

I was loving the ambience in OG. It’s a really lovely, relaxed restaurant with a real family-style vibe. I was thoroughly enjoying sipping my white wine and eating Italian food, my absolute favourite cuisine. We also had a fab table with no-one near us and it was just quite romantic :) Oh how I wish we had Olive Gardens in the UK :( You guys are soooooo lucky!!!!

So, then it was time for our mains! Ben got the Eggplant Parm as he had BEEF with this dish! (not actual beef cause he's vegetarian) You may remember this photo from 2011...he was totally beaten by the parm and no-one was more devastated than him.

IMG_2049.jpg

He was determined to finish it this time!

IMG_7279_zpsdda4a73a.jpg

I got what I’d always planned to, the Taste of Italy :bitelip: Yum! It was lasagna, fettucine alfredo and chicken parmigiana. It was MASSIVE! It all tasted amazing but it was so huge I didn’t even stand a chance of finishing it :( It killed me.

IMG_7281_zps3b5724e7.jpg

Seriously. Look at the size of the plate (platter!) compared to me! And I am not small!!

IMG_7290_zps9e473c58.jpg

Benj, on the other hand, excelled himself. He ate every single bit of his meal and heres the photographic evidence! I was so proud <3

Proud stance

IMG_7285_zpsf0fc8470.jpg

IMG_7287_zps1bac159e.jpg

Obviously dessert wasn’t even an option so we paid up (a bargainous $48! HOW cheap!?) and got the heck outta there. We walked back to Rosen and we were in bed at 10.30, ready for our EXCITING day tomorrow – the first of the parks! (well, excluding Seaworld…hmmm!)

The Verdict

It’s GOT to be a wedding dress! It was so cheap, I loved the atmosphere, our waitress was awesome, you get SO MUCH FOOD and I thought it was all delicious. maybe we’re easy to please, but we loved it! We’ll def go to Olive Garden every time we go to Orlando :)

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

Really enjoying your report!!!

Thank you! :) xxx

I was so excited to see your dining report, as I remember your last one and loved reading along!
I love your enthusiasm for all the American things we have here and makes me stop and appreciate everything we have!

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! You and Benji are an adorable couple! I wish you much love and happiness!
Please update us if you decide to have a DFTW! Would LOVE to follow along on that. :goodvibes

I have to say, until a few weeks ago, I have never been to a Red Lobster. My DH took me for lunch because he got tired of me saying I've never been to one. :upsidedow
I agree that the cheddar biscuits are AMAZING!!!

Looking forward to reading your report!!

Aww thank you for your lovely comment! I'm very glad I have helped you appreciate what you have haha! Seriously, you are so lucky. I want to move to America and just eat and eat at all the amazing well-priced restaurants and gain a load of weight :hyper:

Thank you so much for your congratulations :) I am pretty sure we're going to have a DFTW :love: which is SO EXCITING!! It's a very recent development, I'll do a little update in a bit for those who are interested!! Can't wait to start planning after Christmas! Won't be for 2 years or so but still, lots of excitement to come!!

I'm glad you got to go to RL! I LOVE it haha!! :) Thank you for your sweet comment and for reading along xxxxx

I'm having fun reading along. We had Giordano's in Aug. ourselves & it was really,really good! We are looking forward to ordering it on our next trip! YUMOH!! You 2 are a cute couple, happy wedding planning & congrats!!!!!!!

Aww thank you :) I'm glad you're enjoying it! Oh what I wouldn't do for a Giordanos right now!! Thank you for the congratulations :love: xxxxxxx

I love your report! I was thrilled to see you two are engaged! Can't wait to read more! Enjoy the wedding planning! :cool1:

Thank you!!! So pleased you're reading along and enjoying it!!! Lots of wedding planning to come, YAY!!!! :hyper: xxxxx

LOVE the food updates and your trip to visit the animals!!

and I LOVE the fact that you guys love the chain restaurants we have here that we take for granted b/c they seem to be everywhere!!

:rotfl::rotfl::love::love:

Subbing! We are ONE WEEK AWAY from vacation! Keep it coming - I'm doing research!

Ohhh I'm so jealous!! Have a fantastic time!! xxx

LOVE the food updates and your trip to visit the animals!!

and I LOVE the fact that you guys love the chain restaurants we have here that we take for granted b/c they seem to be everywhere!!

:rotfl::rotfl::love::love:

Aww thank you :) Hahaha we looooooove the chains!! SO MUCH!! Glad you're enjoying! xxxx

I love your review :) keep up the great work :) you two are such a lovely couple :)

Thank you so much! :) :) xxxxx

Right then guys, this is where the fun really starts :) First of the real theme parks, start of our stay at Hard Rock Hotel and generally just a few really amazing days. And amazing food!

Lets get to it!!

So we woke up super early this day and started to pack up all our stuff. We were moving from Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando to Hard Rock Hotel for 2 nights, then moving back to Rosen Inn for 1 night before going to Disney. Slightly faffy, but we didn’t want to pay for staying 2 nights at Rosen when we weren’t there, so yeah, we had to pack everything!

Unfortunately, we’d been slightly optimistic in how long it would take us to pack up every single thing from our room into our cases and so it was a tiny bit stressful as we just wanted to get going! By about 9.30 we were all packed up and ready to go…with a few more carrier bags of stuff than we had came with! Mainly Yankee Candles. Oops.

We checked out, got a taxi to Hard Rock Hotel and pulled up outside that beautiful, COOL place. Such an awesome hotel! We love it!! I was soooo pleased we were staying for 2 nights this time :) We checked in and our room was ready, yay! We had a fantastic room with a KING BED like I’d requested, yay!! We quickly freshened up and headed out of the room and down to the walkway to the parks. We were on our way!!

The morning was spent doing all our favourite rides (including Despicable Me for the 1st time – amazing!!) and generally soaking up the awesome atmosphere. We really do love the Universal parks, so good for the thrills!

We were super excited for the new Simpsons area and it didn’t disappoint! Ben really wanted to get a beer from Duff Gardens so we headed there first. But, they didn’t have any alcoholic bevs that weren’t beer for me, so we decided to leave it and go back after lunch. As we were both getting hungry, we then headed towards the food court, via some fun photo opportunities of course!

FL2013BATCH1200_zpsda9df7d9.jpg

FL2013BATCH1203_zps7ce32ee3.jpg

FL2013BATCH1205_zps8472d515.jpg

Love this!

FL2013BATCH1206_zps21d1ec0c.jpg

Moes! You can walk through Moes to get to the foodcourt. It was busy!

FL2013BATCH1209_zpsd3f61926.jpg

FL2013BATCH1210_zpse46ead3c.jpg

The queue was pretty big but it worked really well as we walked around all the different places before getting in line and we had enough time to make a decision while we waited.

FL2013BATCH1211_zps1ecd0667.jpg

I had planned on getting the fried seafood thingy from The Frying Dutchman but I CHANGED MY MIND and chose to get the fried chicken waffle instead ::yes:: with maple syrup mayo! Utter filth! I was so excited. Benj opted for the veggie Krusty burger with curly fries :hyper: we took our goodies outside to sit in the outdoor seating area and Benj nipped over to get his beer, to accompany his veggie burger.

Yummmmyyyyy!

FL2013BATCH1216_zps6cc06825.jpg

FL2013BATCH1217_zpsa5a313f2.jpg

We enjoyed a nice, relaxing lunch with lush food – I was in heaven with my sandwich! Greasy, filthy but delish. I uploaded a pic of it to FB and made many friends jealous ;) and grossed some out no doubt! Each to their own! I LOVE sweet and savoury together and this sandwich was the ultimate combo!! I really recommend it if you’re after something a bit different.

I have such vivid memories of this lunch for some reason, sitting outside in the sunshine with this delicious lunch, listening to ‘Do The Bartman’ on loop. Bliss!!

The Verdict

It’s a pink dress for me! The waffle sandwich was amazing, and Ben loved his veggie burger too! I thought the extensive choices in the FFB were really good and you don’t often see that in theme parks. It was nice to have the choice of getting something healthier too (not that we did!! hahahha!!)

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

We started flagging slightly after lunch as we’d had such a busy morning. We decided to leave mid afternoon as we had a big night planned and we still had 2 full days to use our Express Passes, so it was all good!

As we walked through Citywalk, there was somewhere we had to stop. Since our 2011 trip, we’ve both become massive Jimmy Buffett fans as a result of our constant drinking at the little bar outside Margaritaville. This has now extended to include Alan Jackson ( <3) and now Zac Brown Band…we’re just country music obsessed!! Country isn’t very big over here (understatement) but we’re still keeping our fingers crossed that one of those guys will come to the UK and do a gig :hyper: Or better still, will do a gig in Orlando when we’re over there!!

So, we had to visit the Margaritaville shop. It really didn’t let us down and there was loads we wanted to buy! I was tempted by a cute vest top that had ‘A woman to blame’ on which I thought was pretty awesome haha but it was like $30 eeep! We didn’t buy anything on this visit but I chose a couple things for when we next went in :) And, as we were right by the outside bar we figured it would be rude not to stop for a drink.

Just kidding, we’d planned it all along! They have a Happy Hour every day, 3-6 and we timed it perfectly ;) We sat on a little table outside, under an umbrella. It was so amazingly relaxing with people drinking and laughing and Jimmy Buffet floating out from the speakers. Ahhhh, it was paradise. Benj got a normal marg and I got a raspberry marg as I’m not too keen on the norms. They were freshly made and absolutely delicious. Our server was really sweet, we chatted for ages!

It was super relaxing and we enjoyed a nice chat as we sipped our drinks. There were 3 CUTE old men at the table in front of us talking about the parks and I was totally eavesdropping their convo! I have a thing about old people in parks, I absolutely love it. I was soooooo bad in Disney, if we saw an old couple or an old guy on his own who had Mickey memorabilia on, like a watch or something, I just melted with love <3 and to be honest, sometimes welled up. They are just so cute. Love them. I hope we can still go to Disney when we’re super old!!!

We then headed back to HRH, changed into our swim stuff and headed down to the pool. The pool there is SO COOL, we had to make the most of it!! We stayed there for a couple of hours drinking cocktails and reading magazines (I bought the Food Network magazine which I was SO excited about as I watch FN pretty much 24/7 and I was loving reading all the recipes from my favourite chefs! It was the Thanksgiving issue too so even better!!! …I need to get out more…)

We went back to our room, changed, did our hair etc, and headed to Citywalk about 7.15. Dinner that night was to be at Bob Marley’s Taste of Freedom which Benj was BEYOND excited about! He loves a bit of Bob! First though, we decided to go for cocktails at Margaritaville.

We sat round by the bar and the atmosphere was really good fun, lots of young people in groups drinking and eating. The volcano was so cool too, we loved it! Our server was a bit rubbish though :( Ben ordered a margarita flight, regular, and he bought a frozen one. Ggrrrrrrrr. He really hadn’t wanted a frozen one and I very nearly kicked off because it was so ignorant of him to bring the wrong one when Ben had specified regular. He even asked him!! How could you get that wrong!? Ooh it annoyed me. Benj told me not to though so I just sat there silently with steam coming out of my ears. Ha I’m just kidding, I was over it. I had my own cocktail!! In my notes it says I had a ‘fruity yum’ – not sure if that’s the name of the drink, my own description or something entirely different altogether…

FL2013BATCH1248_zps3fccdf0c.jpg

FL2013BATCH1246_zps53339f44.jpg

So yeah, we enjoyed our drinks here but the server was lame-o and didn’t check on us again the entire time…so even if I’d wanted to complain I wouldn’t have been able to! In fact the service must have been bad because in my notes it says ‘didn’t leave 20% tip’ and a little shocked smiley face haha, jeepers! We aaaalways left 20%, something has to be bad for us not to.

Anyway! Onwards to Bob’s! I wasn’t THAT excited for the food tbh as it isn’t to my personal taste (read: Italian haha) but Benji loves BM and reggae music AND Caribbean food so it was a no brainer. If he’s happy, I’m happy, anyway :)

(can I just apologise in advance, all my photos of this night seem to be blurry! Yes I was drinking but that’s hardly unusual…not sure what happened but hopefully you get the gist!)

We were greeted by a lovely lady at Bob’s gaff and led to an even nicer table, near the bar with a great view of the stage. A 4 seater too, what a treat! The décor was really cool and there were photos of Bob everywhere you looked, Benj was in heaven.

There aren’t many photos of Bob’s online so I will share some (blurry) photos of the interior:

FL2013BATCH1251_zps8a7bdf12.jpg

FL2013BATCH1252_zps4e8c3ab3.jpg

FL2013BATCH1257_zps0c711531.jpg

FL2013BATCH1258_zps1d9b727e.jpg

I fancied a wine so got a Pinot, whilst Benj got a beer.

FL2013BATCH1261_zps2f4d7173.jpg

I spent ages deciding what to order as nothing was leaping out at me, but in the end I chose to get two starters instead of a main :) I chose Calamari and the cheese fondue. Benj ordered the stuffed peppers, with a side of yucca fries which we felt we needed to try.

The food all came out quickly and I apologise again for the photos but that’s all we got folks ;)

FL2013BATCH1262_zps4189361c.jpg

FL2013BATCH1263_zps1a56e6b6.jpg

FL2013BATCH1264_zps5f815e61.jpg

Both my dishes were lovely but I can’t say I enjoyed them as much as some of the other food we had on this trip, however I did enjoy the wine! The atmosphere was more party anyway so it wasn’t like we were having a romantic meal.

Ben absolutely loved his stuffed peppers and cleared his plate! The yucca fries were lovely too, especially with ketchup yum!

I asked Ben for an unabridged biography of Bob Marley’s life during dinner and while he was more than happy to oblige, I did feel the need to whip his new retro phone out and scroll through 36 pages of Wikipedia to find out further info, which I then fed back to Ben. So by the end of the night, we both knew a LOT about BM’s life.

He chose an 8 Year Appleton State Special Reserve rum (mouthful) as an after dinner tipple and our server was really helpful in talking him through the options and helping him choose. I probably had another wine...

FL2013BATCH1271_zps875b05cc.jpg

The band came on at 9pm and we were rocking out to all of Bob’s hits. Even I knew some of them! I can’t stress how fab the atmosphere was, so fun and uplifting! Def recommend this restaurant, both for the food as although it wasn’t my taste, it was all lovely AND just for some drinks or something while you watch the band :) Very good fun.

Cutie enjoying the music :)

FL2013BATCH1268_zps184a80f8.jpg

FL2013BATCH1276_zpsbc38dc7b.jpg

FL2013BATCH1245_zps1277d4a1.jpg

Ben was just about to order another rum butttttt I had to admit defeat and ask if we could possibly go back because I was a. very tired and b. very drunk. So we left about 11pm and headed back to HRH after a very fun night. It had been a new experience for us but one we’d definitely repeat, I know Ben would loooove to go back! Maybe we’d just go for drinks next time, after dinner somewhere else. There are so many eateries on Citywalk we haven’t been to!

The Verdict

Hmm, a tough one. I didn’t enjoy the food that much but I think that’s purely personal preference so I don’t feel like I can really mark it down for that. Benj loved it and the atmosphere was great, so I think I’ll give it a blue dress :)

Screenshot2012-01-25at152249.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter