Health concerns with entry procedure

Do it yourself if you are so worried about it. Can you imagine how much longer it would take to get into the park if they had to wipe them after each person!? LOL! I haven't got sick in disney yet (knock on wood) so I am pretty sure that isn't an issue!

While extreme, the OP may have a point (not about catching HIV, mind you). For various reasons, some people with immunodeficiencies (congenitally or pharmacologically), may be a bit more cautious about where they put their hands and fingers, especially. There could be Purell dispensers near the entrance/exit, just like at the supermarket. Most people would probably bypass it, but for others, well, why not? Once you get in the parks, disinfecting your hands for everything else, other than the restroom, would be personal responsibility. Or, if Disney wanted to, have dispensers in various areas of the park. (If this already exists, disregard everything I just said).

I know enough people with legitimate concerns about this, but they tend to take their own precautions.

Now, whether or not more disinfectants are useful, helpful, or harmful, in the long run, or short run, is a totally different conversation.

Its a moot point though. Its one more surface added to the hundreds or thousands of things that you touch in a day. You touch railings, doors, chairs, handles, your bag that's been on the floor, the clothes hanger at the shop that 100 other people have touched before you.

I understand that the government would want to be involved now that they are taking care of everyone's health!

I agree, and there should be someone in all the restrooms wiping each commode after every use.

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

Oh geez wouldn't that be nice :o! They should have initiated that at the onset of FP+ to balance things out :idea: Less rides but cleaner toilets!

As anyone thought about how disgusting it is with the finger scans? People coughing into their hands and wiping and picking their noses. Disney should actually wipe off the scan pad after every guest enters. It seems like a major health hazard to me. Germs can be easily passed from person to person. A person with a cut with AIDS could spread it to someone else unknowingly.

It would not take any additional time for the cast
Member to wipe off the pad with disinfectant after entry.

Very surprised the government hasn't stepped on this.

At first I thought this was serious a serious post but the more I think about it... nope .. it has to be a joke. Disinfecting the finger touch pad after every guest ? That can't be real...

Is there someone disinfecting the keypad at the ATM after each customer ? How about all the elevator buttons ? The door handle at the malls today (Black Friday) must have been touched by a million people, just like the shopping cart handles at Target. Is there anyone disinfecting those after each user ?

Introducing the new gate CM uniform:
cleanroom_microcleaning.jpg

You're right the government should step in on this... ASAP

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Wash your hands. Carry Wet-Ones. Watch what you touch. I am amazed at the things people touch than rub there eye/mouth/nose.

I am a NP so maybe I just notice it more idk...

You're totally right! What about those people who fart on their seats and then you ended up seating on their smelly seat and the bottom half of your clothes ends up smelling and people will think it was YOU who farted*?! Oh the humanity, will someone think of the children???

* this was an actual concern of mine when I was a 5 yo!

Yes, I understand that's why they've gotten rid of turnstiles (and spent a billion bucks to do so).

Well I, for one, am relieved.

I had my fourth child that way, and I am fully intending to sue Disney for the upkeep of that child until they turn 21.

Right? I had a major problem with the turnstiles too. They rub on the crotches of millions of people! Talk about getting HIV. Or pregnant!

Pregnant from a turnstile? I thought that only happened in swimming pools? :rotfl2:

Yes, I agree the government should get involved.

I understand that the government would want to be involved now that they are taking care of everyone's health!

Personal responsibility. The people should provide their own hand sanitizer.

No, each person should have a government-provided assistant to follow them around carrying the hand sanitizer and wiping everything off before they touch it. I think that's the only way things would be more fair.

This thread is hilarious, and I'm sure the OP was a troll, but I will say that while I am generally of the "Ah, it'll build my kids' immmune systems" frame of mind when it comes to germs in public places, I tend to be much more paranoid at Disney in December. I'll bring out the hand sanitizer and the antibacterial wipes. All those people, with all those viruses, touching all those railings in the queue.... My husband made fun of me until he looked behind him and saw a little kid with a runny nose licking the railing.

Right? I had a major problem with the turnstiles too. They rub on the crotches of millions of people! Talk about getting HIV. Or pregnant!

I got pregnant 2 Disney trips ago and my baby doesn't look ANYTHING like my husband. Should I be worried? Can we sue Disney?

And those aliens abducting guests and conducting medical experiments on them, then putting their shrunken remains on sticks and jamming them into It's a Small World...

You're totally right! What about those people who fart on their seats and then you ended up seating on their smelly seat and the bottom half of your clothes ends up smelling and people will think it was YOU who farted*?! Oh the humanity, will someone think of the children???

* this was an actual concern of mine when I was a 5 yo!

Well, Juan seems to think that results in extra pixie dust wafting about... pixiedust:

While extreme, the OP may have a point (not about catching HIV, mind you). For various reasons, some people with immunodeficiencies (congenitally or pharmacologically), may be a bit more cautious about where they put their hands and fingers, especially. There could be Purell dispensers near the entrance/exit, just like at the supermarket. Most people would probably bypass it, but for others, well, why not? Once you get in the parks, disinfecting your hands for everything else, other than the restroom, would be personal responsibility. Or, if Disney wanted to, have dispensers in various areas of the park. (If this already exists, disregard everything I just said).

I know enough people with legitimate concerns about this, but they tend to take their own precautions.

Now, whether or not more disinfectants are useful, helpful, or harmful, in the long run, or short run, is a totally different conversation.

Responding to Bolded part especially: and everyone would then be touching the part to pump/dispense the hand sanitizer...wait a CM could stand there and wipe that off in between each guest....never ending circle :rolleyes1

I'm actually laughing! This is one of the most entertaining posts I've seen lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter