• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

Uncle Update:

My uncle just woke up!!! :banana: He has been unconscious with no sedation at all since yesterday and was not expected to wake up, though they said it was possible and to give him time. Well, he woke up about a half hour ago and remembered my aunt. He seems to have some short-term memory loss as he has asked several times what happened to him and then forgets and asks again 5 minutes later, but that is not unusual for what happened to him. He knows who he is, his wife, family members, he recognized the hospital he is in....all great signs.

We still don't know what will happen from here, but his waking up is truly a miracle on it's own. Thank you so very much for the prayers and good thoughts from all of you, I'm sure it helped him, and I know it helped me!! :grouphug:

PhoenixStrength said:
Uncle Update:

My uncle just woke up!!! :banana: He has been unconscious with no sedation at all since yesterday and was not expected to wake up, though they said it was possible and to give him time. Well, he woke up about a half hour ago and remembered my aunt. He seems to have some short-term memory loss as he has asked several times what happened to him and then forgets and asks again 5 minutes later, but that is not unusual for what happened to him. He knows who he is, his wife, family members, he recognized the hospital he is in....all great signs.

We still don't know what will happen from here, but his waking up is truly a miracle on it's own. Thank you so very much for the prayers and good thoughts from all of you, I'm sure it helped him, and I know it helped me!! :grouphug:

So wonderful to hear! I was thinking of you and your family (making me even more thankful this Christmas) yesterday and today. This sounds great and promising!!

Uncle Update:

Steph, this is wonderful news. We will continue to say prayers that they figure out what is going on and that he improves. :hug:

Uncle Update:

That is great news!! Will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!:goodvibes

Uncle Update:

:banana: :goodvibes Great news!

I'm so sorry to hear what your family is going through but it seems as if things are getting better. I will put your uncle and your family on my prayer list.

So wonderful to hear! I was thinking of you and your family (making me even more thankful this Christmas) yesterday and today. This sounds great and promising!!

Steph, this is wonderful news. We will continue to say prayers that they figure out what is going on and that he improves. :hug:

That is great news!! Will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!:goodvibes

Wow, that's great news! I hope things continue to improve from here!

:banana: :goodvibes Great news!

I'm so sorry to hear what your family is going through but it seems as if things are getting better. I will put your uncle and your family on my prayer list.

Thank you to all of you! My parents went up to see him tonight. I couldn't since I had to work late and didn't get done before visiting hours ended. He is having trouble with several things that involve coordination still (talking, fine motor skills like precise arm movements) due to the brain damage still healing, but the doctors expect that to keep improving. They don't know how much he will improve, as with the brain it's always a waiting game. He hates being in the hospital and kept asking my aunt to take him home, but he will definitely need to be there for a while longer to keep healing and be monitored.

Oh, they did somewhat figure out what happened to cause all of this. He went into full cardiac arrest when they laid him flat to try to do a CAT Scan to find out why he was feeling so weak. They don't know why lying him flat caused a heart attack, but they know it did. He never lays completely flat due to his lung problems, so that was probably the first time he has laid flat in years.

Thank you all again for all of the prayers and thoughts. He still needs them as he has a long way to go, but him waking up is a huge miracle in itself! :goodvibes

I am so sorry for the health scare with your uncle, but I'm glad to hear that things are looking so much better. Your family will be in my thoughts.

I am so very happy to hear the good news about your uncle! We will keep him in our prayers and hope he does get to go home soon (being in a hospital is no fun!).

DAY ONE, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29TH, PART FIVE

When I last left off I had just ridden Space Mountain with a terrified woman and her unsympathetic husband!

When I got off SM I realized it was 4pm, so I walked over to the nearest station for the MVMCP wrist bands, which happened to be right next to Stitch's Great Escape. There was a line, but they had 4 CMs handing them out so it only took a minute to get this:

222_zps35b7b891.jpg

Since I was right by it I took another quick spin on Buzz Lightyear, though I didn't do AS good this time.

224_zps3101692e.jpg

225_zps03a8d8b3.jpg

226_zps7a0d6434.jpg

I cannot seem to find my "sniper" PP shot for that time riding, so I'll have to check the CD when I get home in case I forgot to upload it.

Buzz done I decided to head to the only section of MK I had never been in yet, Storybook Circus!

227_zpse5b57b37.jpg

I headed right over to Dumbo, where there was a posted 15 minute wait, which was fine with me!

228_zpsc1c1fa59.jpg

229_zps51a87383.jpg

230_zps202d58cf.jpg

The sign was wrong, I actually only waited about 3 minutes. I walked right thru the new building, was directed to the line for the clockwise Dumbo and got into that line as the ride was loading. I didn't get on that time, but was only 5 people into the next time's ride.

While waiting I got a few pictures in.

231_zps67857d3c.jpg

233_zpsf34f3812.jpg

234_zps7b0c41f2.jpg

And a shot of Barnstormer next door:

232_zpsa02e98e3.jpg

Then it was my turn to ride. I quickly picked my elephant and waited for everyone else to get in theirs. While waiting for it to start I took some pictures of the bottom of the centerpiece for the ride.

235_zps4a9c81e7.jpg

236_zpsad6f1bf9.jpg

237_zps87bc2561.jpg

238_zps03f05077.jpg

And then we were off!!

239_zps93ebe172.jpg

I immediately went all the way up and took as many pictures as I could from that angle. Some are better than others, but here they are!

241_zps985d712e.jpg

242_zps260275df.jpg

243_zpsf863d4f2.jpg

244_zpsf1a20981.jpg

245_zps3e72d057.jpg

246_zpse16681df.jpg

And then my ride was over. I like the new location, and the new interactive waiting area looked cute (as I walked past since there was no line!). I also really like the water fountains all around the base, they are a nice touch. I took a couple more shots of the ride on my way to the exit.

240_zpsa48548dd.jpg

247_zpsafc4f9e8.jpg

I'm going to stop here, and hopefully come back later to do another installment. Photobucket is giving me lots of trouble and froze on me 3 times just typing this up.

Be back later with Goofy fun!

What a fun update. You got some terrific shots while "soaring" on Dumbo, and you captured a few things I missed while waiting for Dumbo to soar.

If I don't get back here,

happynewyearpooh.gif

You sure do like Buzz don't you? :rotfl: It's not my favorite because I just stink at the game. I just can't seem to tell where my little red dot is.

Isn't the new Dumbo neat? I just love what they did with the whole area. The water effects are so pretty. I didn't get to see them lit up at night but that can be something to do next trip. And I like that they have Fast Pass for it now. Mom and I rode for the first time in November since I was a small child. Mom actually said she had never ridden it but I bet she took me or my brother on it when we were little.

What a fun update. You got some terrific shots while "soaring" on Dumbo, and you captured a few things I missed while waiting for Dumbo to soar.

If I don't get back here,

happynewyearpooh.gif

Thanks! I got a lot of blurry or odd-angled shots on Dumbo too, but didn't post those! :rotfl2:

Happy New Year to you and your family too!

You sure do like Buzz don't you? :rotfl: It's not my favorite because I just stink at the game. I just can't seem to tell where my little red dot is.

Isn't the new Dumbo neat? I just love what they did with the whole area. The water effects are so pretty. I didn't get to see them lit up at night but that can be something to do next trip. And I like that they have Fast Pass for it now. Mom and I rode for the first time in November since I was a small child. Mom actually said she had never ridden it but I bet she took me or my brother on it when we were little.

I really do like Buzz. I like TSMM better, but since it always has such a line I can't ride it as often as I can Buzz. I am pretty lucky in being able to find my red dot the majority of the time.

I do like the new Dumbo! I'm glad it has FP now too, though it wasn't needed when I was there. I rode it in November 2010, but before that it was probably 1997.

I'm loving all the details and the pictures! It looks like a great trip!!

Thanks! I just started reading your TR, and need to look at the pictures next. Glad you guys had a good time on your trip too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter