• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

A little late, but I'll join in! I'm sorry that you had a sinus infection, those are no fun :( I love that you got to take the time and visit the MK resorts - they are definitely my favourites on property! You got some great photos. Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

A little late, but I'll join in! I'm sorry that you had a sinus infection, those are no fun :( I love that you got to take the time and visit the MK resorts - they are definitely my favourites on property! You got some great photos. Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

:welcome: Glad you joined in! I'll be doing another update in a minute. :)

DAY ONE, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH, PART FOUR

Once I was done with the pictures in the Wilderness Lodge I headed back to the dock to catch the boat back to MK. The boat was there when I walked up, so I was able to get right on!

126.jpg

A few pictures from the ride back to Magic Kingdom:

129.jpg

131.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

After our 15 minute boat ride I was back at Magic Kingdom. I had originally planned to go to AKL and the Epcot resorts to see their decorations next, but to be honest I just didn't feel like it right then, so instead I went in the park!

135.jpg

Outside the gates they were doing some kind of work

136.jpg

Soon I was inside and enjoying the Christmas decorations in MK!

139.jpg

140.jpg

142.jpg

Then I saw it, my favorite sight and the one that makes me feel like I'm truly in Walt Disney World!

146.jpg

I noticed as I walked toward Cinderella's Castle that the stage show was wrapping up. I managed to get a couple pictures though!

147.jpg

148.jpg

I headed off before everyone else did, toward Tomorrowland, which is always my first stop in MK.

149.jpg

150.jpg

So, what would be my very first attraction this trip?

151_zpsf6598274.jpg

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor! I really do love this show, it's corny but always makes me laugh. The wait time said 10 minutes, which was pretty accurate. There were construction walls up inside the building, which made the line somewhat awkward. I think they were just painting though, but I'm not 100% sure.

152_zpsd4e9b771.jpg

153_zpsafb31c39.jpg

After a few minutes we were let into the holding area before the show, then watching the pre-show video!

154_zps838824e3.jpg

156_zps0ecdf401.jpg

Then into the theater...

157_zps88361e1c.jpg

It was funny, as always. I headed next door to the ride I seem to do the most at MK, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

158_zps4ce48ef1.jpg

159_zpsdc7d0304.jpg

160_zps2054ffac.jpg

161_zps00234e77.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I walked right onto the ride vehicle, in line at most 2 minutes. I was doing great, and then....we stopped. I took a picture of the room I stopped in though, that will help those people wanting the get a high score on this attraction!

162_zps05827773.jpg

In the room above (which is the third room I believe) At the bottom of his ship, below the gauge that lights up is a "Z". Everytime you hit that you get 100,000 points! It's easy to get and you get a high score guaranteed. Don't believe me, well here is my score from this ride:

163_zpse687d408.jpg

And here is the obligatory picture of me on the ride, paying more attention to getting a good score than the camera!

Photo0010FourBySix_zpsa939c676.jpg

I was starting to feel quite hungry at this point, as it was after 2pm and I needed lunch. I really wanted to eat at Be Our Guest, so I headed that way. Here is a shot of the progress on The Dwarfs Mine Train I took as I walked by:

164_zpsf14a6052.jpg

I was amazed as I walked into FLE. The pictures are great, but it's something else to be in there. It's so full of detail.

166_zps2136b993.jpg

168_zpsa5806f4e.jpg

In the trees there in front of the castle and by the waterfall if you listen you can hear animals! Wolves howling, birds chirping....all to add to the experience. I made my way up the walkway to BOG, hoping I could get in!

167_zps5c73d887.jpg

169_zpsc9b888a7.jpg

The doors were closed and I was worried I was too late to get in! However there was a CM there and she told me and 2 girls behind me to hold on. She walked inside and I took some pics of the doors while I waited.

170_zpsfd062ae1.jpg

171_zps01b8824a.jpg

She came back out and waived us in, and a family that had joined us. That was it though, they didn't let anyone else in after us! Even though it was only 2:30pm, there was quite a line inside to order, then you had to eat, then they had to set up for dinner...so that's why the line closes at that time. I was in line for about 15 minutes just to get up to a register to order my meal, and that was with every kiosk and register open. But I got some good pictures as I waited.

172_zpsf4874f36.jpg

175_zps353d5e6f.jpg

176_zpsda106616.jpg

177_zps986872cb.jpg

178_zps6e74ccf2.jpg

180_zps8a474a73.jpg

The talking suits of armor are pretty funny!

Once I got up to the register I placed my order and was given my rose and cup, then told to find a seat and my food would find me. Only the main ball room and rose room were open, so I walked around for a couple minutes taking pictures and trying to find a small table to sit at.

181_zps5017ad3e.jpg

183_zpsd4147f65.jpg

193_zps5d04d6d9.jpg

Even the soda dispensers are themed!

185_zps640690d7.jpg

I got my drink and found a small table (2 person!) and took some more photos while waiting for my food.

186_zpsfb610923.jpg

187_zps7142194e.jpg

I only had to wait about 5 minutes total from the time I ordered until my food was delivered to me. I asked the gentleman who brought it if they had any plain mayo and he told me he had to check. A couple minutes later he brought a cup out, telling me they only had two left that were prepared!

I ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich with Pomme Frites (french fries!) and the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake. It was all DELICIOUS!!! Probably the best food I had all trip, and none of my meals were really bad. Here is the food.

188_zps2280bea5.jpg

189_zps478d7681.jpg

The closest thing I could come to a complaint is that the cupcake is much smaller than I thought it would be. But that wound up being okay, as the sandwich was HUGE!! I only ate about 2/3s of it and most of the fries and I was stuffed. Not too stuffed to eat the cupcake though! :rotfl:

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

You broke a rule and took a picture inside the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor! :eek: :upsidedow

Thank you for explaining that high score target! Now, if I can just remember it in two weeks... :)

That's great that you got in to eat at BOG. I'm hoping to make it there for lunch as well one day.

After I finished eating I took a few more pictures on my way out. They were very fast with cleaning up too. I had stood up to take a couple pictures, and when I turned back around 30 seconds later my dishes were cleared, the table was cleaned and it was set for dinner already!

191_zps0da0bdb5.jpg

192_zpsd628286c.jpg

194_zps2707e042.jpg

195_zpsd9c65fe3.jpg

Once I left BOG I headed back further into FLE, taking pictures along the way.

196_zps890c0632.jpg

197_zps0355491f.jpg

198_zpsea439ebd.jpg

199_zpsb67c0d8a.jpg

200_zps3a85fba0.jpg

I was hoping to ride Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but it had apparently just come back up from breaking down, and had a 90 minute wait, so I headed back up to Enchanted Tales with Belle. That had a 50 minute wait though, so I decided I'd come back to do them both another time. Instead I headed back toward Tomorrowland to do what I hadn't done earlier.

201_zpsc807a996.jpg

202_zpsd5c0d078.jpg

Since I had just eaten a large meal I figured the safest thing to start with was Peoplemover, so I could get some pictures, write in my journal and let my stomach settle a bit.

204_zps1992ff6a.jpg

I walked right on and got a few good pictures during my tour of Tomorrowland.

205_zpse0b6a8e8.jpg

206_zps45384a8f.jpg

207_zps8fe0a386.jpg

208_zpsc76a6220.jpg

Once I got off my stomach was feeling better but still a little off, so I headed over to ride Buzz again since that isn't too bad with movement. There was only a 10 minute wait this time.

210_zpsbeeb7bc0.jpg

211_zps8da70e98.jpg

I didn't get the max score this time, but I did get a good one.

214_zpse3d174d8.jpg

And another lovely ride photo from this attraction (I love Photopass Plus!). At least I tried to smile this time???

Photo0011FourBySix_zpsa13f7edf.jpg

Since I was feeling fine again by then I decided to take a ride thru outer space on Space Mountain.

215_zps200f0b11.jpg

There was only a 5 minute wait, so I didn't get many pictures heading thru the long walk in.

217_zps9424a2ac.jpg

218_zps85f2dc12.jpg

The poor woman in line behind me was terrified. I talked to her for a bit and made her feel a little better, but her husband just thought it was funny that she was so scared. They wound up sitting in the same vehicle as me, so here they are in the picture. She doesn't look too scared in the picture, but she cussed and screamed in English and Spanish the whole ride!! :lmao:

Photo0012FourBySix_zpsb1652e3f.jpg

Yes, that was fake scared from me, I love this ride!!!

NEXT TIME: DUMBO AND GOOFY TIME!

You broke a rule and took a picture inside the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor! :eek: :upsidedow

Thank you for explaining that high score target! Now, if I can just remember it in two weeks... :)

That's great that you got in to eat at BOG. I'm hoping to make it there for lunch as well one day.

I know, and that's the second time I've done it, I took two inside in February!!! :scared1: :rotfl2:

You're welcome! I hope you remember it, as it really helps increase your score quickly.

I was THRILLED to make it in BOG, as the food was incredible. Definitely try to make it in, it is so worth it.

Oops, I commented too fast, you were not done updating! :upsidedow

Can I just say, while all of new Fantasyland looks great, the Ariel area just takes my breath away! I'm a lover of all things tropical and this part is simply perfect! :cloud9:

Yay! for photopass +!

Oops, I commented too fast, you were not done updating! :upsidedow

Can I just say, while all of new Fantasyland looks great, the Ariel area just takes my breath away! I'm a lover of all things tropical and this part is simply perfect! :cloud9:

Yay! for photopass +!

No problem, I've done that several times on other TRs! :rotfl:

It is all gorgeous, though I'll agree with you about the Little Mermaid section being my favorite too. It was very well themed, which it should be with how long they've been working on it!!!

PP+ really came in handy. I LOVE that I got it!

Quite a productive few hours in MK!

I'm glad you got into BOG. The lines always seemed to be long, even at 11, but with all the new scenery to take in it didn't seem so bad at all. That was a nice break to be able to get in with a 15 minute wait! I'm not sure the Enchanted Tales with Belle line has ever been shorter than 50 min though.

Quite a productive few hours in MK!

I'm glad you got into BOG. The lines always seemed to be long, even at 11, but with all the new scenery to take in it didn't seem so bad at all. That was a nice break to be able to get in with a 15 minute wait! I'm not sure the Enchanted Tales with Belle line has ever been shorter than 50 min though.

One thing I really like about solo trips are how much I can get done since I don't have another person to worry about!

I was so happy to get in, especially since they closed the line right after that. And you are right that looking at the details made the wait not bad at all.

I did see the line shorter later in my trip, though it was always longer than almost anything else the whole trip, except maybe Peter Pan.

Wow amazing pictures again!!! I knew I would see my favorite picture showing up soon enough :thumbsup2 "Sniper Steph" Man, you would give Buzz a run for his money I bet.

The be our guesr restaurant pictures are breath-taking. I read and saw on you tube that Gaston was in front of his tavern taking pictures with guests. have they moved him completely now from that spot? Would be a shame if true. I think his character is hilarous. The cupcake did look small lol

BTW I could tell the SM pic was a bit of acting lol You gotta work on that one just a tad better rofl I love that ride. One of the best out there. The Cmas decorations looks amazing at MK. Those toy soldiers looked huge. Was this the first time you were during Cmas season. What was the weather typically like when you were there. Looked like a lot of ppl in short sleeves. Non trip batter-but just thought I ask, any big plans for your upcoming holiday? Maybe posting more "Sniper Steph" pictures. Hey, if that nickname becomes huge and u start to sell off t-shirts with that name and you pictures on it, I want a cut ok lol pirate:

Wow amazing pictures again!!! I knew I would see my favorite picture showing up soon enough :thumbsup2 "Sniper Steph" Man, you would give Buzz a run for his money I bet.

The be our guesr restaurant pictures are breath-taking. I read and saw on you tube that Gaston was in front of his tavern taking pictures with guests. have they moved him completely now from that spot? Would be a shame if true. I think his character is hilarous. The cupcake did look small lol

BTW I could tell the SM pic was a bit of acting lol You gotta work on that one just a tad better rofl I love that ride. One of the best out there. The Cmas decorations looks amazing at MK. Those toy soldiers looked huge. Was this the first time you were during Cmas season. What was the weather typically like when you were there. Looked like a lot of ppl in short sleeves. Non trip batter-but just thought I ask, any big plans for your upcoming holiday? Maybe posting more "Sniper Steph" pictures. Hey, if that nickname becomes huge and u start to sell off t-shirts with that name and you pictures on it, I want a cut ok lol pirate:

I thought you would enjoy the sniper pictures. There will be more to come!

Gaston appears there sometimes, but was never there when I was.

I have been during the Christmas season before, in November 2010, but didn't resort hop that time, and it was before the Christmas stuff started in Epcot so those were new this trip. I did see the MK decorations that trip too, along with MVMCP and Osborne Lights. It was in the 70s to 80 degrees each day I was there, with mid-50s to 60 degrees at night, so nice weather. It was a little cooler in 2010 when I came, but not much.

I'm working for Christmas, since my job requires it. I work every holiday taking care of everyone's pet who is away. I will get a break in the afternoon to visit with my parents and sisters for an early dinner.

LOVE the update! Great pics of FLE! And BOG looks amazing!

Thanks! BOG was amazing, the theming is incredible and so was the food. :goodvibes

One thing I really like about solo trips are how much I can get done since I don't have another person to worry about!

I was so happy to get in, especially since they closed the line right after that. And you are right that looking at the details made the wait not bad at all.

I did see the line shorter later in my trip, though it was always longer than almost anything else the whole trip, except maybe Peter Pan.

Is it wrong I am excited about my anniversary trip because we will not have kiddos with us and will be able to get through stuff a lot quicker :) I love your photos, especially from buzz and space mountain. We hardly spent any time in tomorrowland - I think DH and I rode space mountain during MVMCP and that was it. We always go on the people mover and I am semi disappointed we didn't make it over there.

BOG looks awesome this is on my must do list for the next two trips. I wanted to try it this trip but the one day the line was crazy long and we had purchased food to eat in the villa anyway. The themeing looks fantastic and during the day is the scene the same in the ballroom behind the windows? I can't wait for FLE to be fully open - once the mine train is open the flow should be so much better and feel so much larger!

Is it wrong I am excited about my anniversary trip because we will not have kiddos with us and will be able to get through stuff a lot quicker :) I love your photos, especially from buzz and space mountain. We hardly spent any time in tomorrowland - I think DH and I rode space mountain during MVMCP and that was it. We always go on the people mover and I am semi disappointed we didn't make it over there.

BOG looks awesome this is on my must do list for the next two trips. I wanted to try it this trip but the one day the line was crazy long and we had purchased food to eat in the villa anyway. The themeing looks fantastic and during the day is the scene the same in the ballroom behind the windows? I can't wait for FLE to be fully open - once the mine train is open the flow should be so much better and feel so much larger!

It's not wrong at all! I'm sure you loved having your kids there, but it's nice to have a break and do whatever you want and not have to worry about them too. You'll be able to get more done.

Tomorrowland is my favorite section of MK, as I love Monsters Inc, Space Mountain, Buzz and Peoplemover and can do them all many times each day and never get tired of them!

BOG was wonderful, definitely try to get in your next trips. The scene in the ballroom behind the windows was the night scene with snow falling. You can see the white dots in my picture of the windows, that is the snow. It was really cool. I can't wait for the Mine Train to be open too, both to ride and so the flow will be better and not so bottle-necked going in and out. :thumbsup2

Love your fake Space Mountain picture lol And is the new Fantasyland not breathtaking?! I cried a little bit when I first saw it! You got some really great pictures of it!

PhoenixStrength said:
It's not wrong at all! I'm sure you loved having your kids there, but it's nice to have a break and do whatever you want and not have to worry about them too. You'll be able to get more done.

Tomorrowland is my favorite section of MK, as I love Monsters Inc, Space Mountain, Buzz and Peoplemover and can do them all many times each day and never get tired of them!

BOG was wonderful, definitely try to get in your next trips. The scene in the ballroom behind the windows was the night scene with snow falling. You can see the white dots in my picture of the windows, that is the snow. It was really cool. I can't wait for the Mine Train to be open too, both to ride and so the flow will be better and not so bottle-necked going in and out. :thumbsup2

People think I'm crazy for loving the people mover :) Our touring was somewhat erratic this trip! I love tomorrowland at night - it's like a totally different place. I couldn't tell 100% if it was snow - I use my phone app mostly and it's harder on the small screen! So far loving the updates!

I thought I had subscribed, but I guess not! No matter, joining in now! I have to say I'm infinitely jealous you got to eat at BOG! That cupcake is really pink, I love it! And who doesn't always have room for cupcakes?

Love your fake Space Mountain picture lol And is the new Fantasyland not breathtaking?! I cried a little bit when I first saw it! You got some really great pictures of it!

I like to have fun with my Ride photos! :rotfl: New Fantasyland is definitely breathtaking! I love how incredibly detailed it is, including the attraction lines. The line for Little Mermaid is fantasticly detailed!!!

People think I'm crazy for loving the people mover :) Our touring was somewhat erratic this trip! I love tomorrowland at night - it's like a totally different place. I couldn't tell 100% if it was snow - I use my phone app mostly and it's harder on the small screen! So far loving the updates!

I really enjoy the Peoplemover. It's not a thrill ride by any means, but you get nice views of that whole side of MK and it's great after you eat and need something calmer to do.

I thought I had subscribed, but I guess not! No matter, joining in now! I have to say I'm infinitely jealous you got to eat at BOG! That cupcake is really pink, I love it! And who doesn't always have room for cupcakes?

:welcome: Glad you joined in, no matter when it is. I was actually kind of shocked I got into BOG when I saw the doors closed as I walked up. And I agree, there is always room for cupcakes, especially ones that yummy!!! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter