• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~He didn't drink the Kool Aid.. He bathed in it!August TR~12/13 PG45 The End

Talk about a MAJOR update.
I loved all the pictures and it sounds like Josh was totally into the Disney Spirit!
Nice job converting him! :lmao:

And I can't believe you went to back to House of Blues after your last experience! :confused3
I hope this time had better results!!

Holy Motherload of pictures Caitlin! Did you miss anything????? Again - you got some really nice shots! And it looks like you had a fabulous first day to boot! So great to see Josh getting right into the Disney groove.

Exactly how many pictures DID you take??????

Ok - I am going back now to find and report my favorite!
:laughing: I was even more picture happy than on our last vacation! Thank you!

We had a great day!

He loved it! I am so happy he is such a huge fan!

Love this one! I love the look of the water and the solitary child in playing in there. I think I would crop out the umbrella at the top and blur the edges a bit. This is a definite keeper!!!!!! :worship:

This is one of Josh's favorites!

I am not a huge editing person but once I get a good program I might become one :laughing: That's what I asked for my birthday this year :thumbsup2

Ok - I hope I got the right one! THIS is my favorite. Photography board Caitlin. Go. Now! (I think there is a Nikon thread you can post it on)
Thank you! I loved this picture!

Talk about a MAJOR update.
I loved all the pictures and it sounds like Josh was totally into the Disney Spirit!
Nice job converting him! :lmao:

And I can't believe you went to back to House of Blues after your last experience! :confused3
I hope this time had better results!!

Yeah there wasn't a good cut off point :confused3

Thanks!

It was pretty easy :laughing:

Well we didn't eat anything so there was nothing to get sick off of :laughing:

Great update!

WPE :love: What a great first meal at Disney! YUM.

I want that HP cookbook!! And those Fab 4 ornaments! Too cute!

Haha I did the same pose as you with the Tweedles in July!

I want all of that artwork. <3 Beautiful.

I love all your pics of the play fountain! I used to LOVE those.

TrenD!!! I could spend a FORTUNE in there. Seriously.

Uh-oh. A Situation. He kinda looks like him...only classier haha.

Mmmm Wetzels pretzels. YUM.

I love the 60's building at POP! I think it's so cute! :)

Great update!

Thank you!

WPE :love: What a great first meal at Disney! YUM.

It was amazing! I am so happy we got a chance to eat there on this trip!

I want that HP cookbook!! And those Fab 4 ornaments! Too cute!

Haha I did the same pose as you with the Tweedles in July!

Cute! Great minds think alike!

I want all of that artwork. <3 Beautiful.
My walls will be plastered with Disney artwork someday! I already have four shelves dedicated to Disney memorabilia :laughing:

I love all your pics of the play fountain! I used to LOVE those.
Thank you! I loved watching the kids having fun running around in the water :cutie:

TrenD!!! I could spend a FORTUNE in there. Seriously.
Me too! Tons of cute stuff but pretty expensive!

Uh-oh. A Situation. He kinda looks like him...only classier haha.

Thank you! I am glad he looks like a classier version :laughing:

Mmmm Wetzels pretzels. YUM.
Soooo good! I wish we had one near us!

I love the 60's building at POP! I think it's so cute! :)

It was adorable but I wish we hadn't been on the fourth floor!

Wonderful update, We have that 4 pack or ornaments you posted, I bought them in May!!!!! They really are adorable... Cannot wait for next time :cool1:

What a bonehead! *hehe slaps knee*

:sad2: What are we going to do with you? Dawn! Scold your daughter! (That'll learn ya!) :lmao:

We also passed some lego creations and you have to take pictures of these because it is a DIS law and you can't break one of those!

That's true. I once knew a guy who knew someone who had a cousin who's brother went to DTD and he forgot to take a picture of the Lego. Banned outright with no possibility to plead his case. Very sad.

We finally made it! The mashed potatoe holy grail!!! The place where they melt on your tongue and make you feel all warm and happy inside! Where your belly thanks you profusely after eating! Where..Okay y'all get the idea that this place is fantastic and here it is!

Umm... so... are you saying you like it? :confused3

;)

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and crispy onion rings $14

Ya know, bacon wrapped filet is pretty common... but bacon wrapped meatloaf? Now that's just cool. :thumbsup2

There is something oddly cute about a penguin drinking wine.

Well… maybe. Just don’t let PETA hear you!

Now is it just me or is this a bit dirty for a Disney store?

disneysummer1048-Copy.jpg

Well… the DISDads have to have someplace to hang out.

We saw these bags and they were huge! Well my dad said "Caitlin I bet you would fit in one of those!" Well I had to test it out

disneysummer1238.jpg

So sad. Caitllin goes from Princess to bag lady with one wrong step. Tragic. :sad1:

We also stopped at the under $20 store where we made a few purchases. A dog toy for my grandma…

A dog toy… for your grandma? Don’t you like your grandma? Couldn’t get her a more, I don’t know, human souvenir? :rotfl:

Doesn't he look like he should be saying GTL and fist pumping?!

Yes he does!

We continued on our way.. We had a House of Blues gift card and Mom was in the mood for shrimp :lmao::lmao:

I’ve heard it’s quite good there. Especially the green ones. :rolleyes1

The Unhappiest Place on Earth

You’re just not gonna let that go, are you? :lmao:

Next up!
The start of our super-awesome-pixie dust filled day!

Can’t wait! Will there be any pictures? :banana:

Loved all of your pictures and what a great time at DTD!!! what were the t-shirts josh had made? or is that coming up??? :cool1:

Wonderful update, We have that 4 pack or ornaments you posted, I bought them in May!!!!! They really are adorable... Cannot wait for next time :cool1:
Thank you!

They are adorable!

Coming up soon!

:sad2: What are we going to do with you? Dawn! Scold your daughter! (That'll learn ya!) :lmao:

:laughing:

That's true. I once knew a guy who knew someone who had a cousin who's brother went to DTD and he forgot to take a picture of the Lego. Banned outright with no possibility to plead his case. Very sad.

Very sad the DIS police is very tough I heard the don't even read people their Miranda Rights :sad2:

Umm... so... are you saying you like it? :confused3
Just a bit.. ya know it's okay if you like mashed potatoes...

;)

Ya know, bacon wrapped filet is pretty common... but bacon wrapped meatloaf? Now that's just cool. :thumbsup2

Yeah Josh thought it sounded cool and I urged him towards it since I had never heard of it on the DIS boards :thumbsup2
Well… maybe. Just don’t let PETA hear you!

Yeah animal alcohol abuse is frowned upon by them :sad2:

Well… the DISDads have to have someplace to hang out.

True there and Morocco :thumbsup2

So sad. Caitllin goes from Princess to bag lady with one wrong step. Tragic. :sad1:

A dog toy… for your grandma? Don’t you like your grandma? Couldn’t get her a more, I don’t know, human souvenir? :rotfl:

Mom pointed that out saying I should have said a dog toy for her dog Oops! It is cute though so grandma may have kept it for herself :laughing:

Yes he does!

Wasn't the last time this trip! Next he goes from Situation to Ryan Evans :thumbsup2

I’ve heard it’s quite good there. Especially the green ones. :rolleyes1

Mmm I could go some right now!

You’re just not gonna let that go, are you? :lmao:

Nope every time we walk past I hear the sound of tears signaling the end of a good vacation :sad1:

Can’t wait! Will there be any pictures? :banana:

Maybe we may have lost the camera though :confused3

Loved all of your pictures and what a great time at DTD!!! what were the t-shirts josh had made? or is that coming up??? :cool1:

Thank you!

Those are coming up in a future update!

Woah so many pictures! Yay!
What a huge yet amazing update:thumbsup2

Those mashed potatoes look so tasty, they are pretty much my favourite food... I will defs have to try them there! YUM

That Genie is so dirty...but we already knew that & we love him anyway!:love:

You're right about Christmas and Halloween being right next to each other, looks very odd.

Awh it's so cute that Josh is loving it and acting like a big kid... That's how everyone should be at Disney!

Excited to hear more!

Woah so many pictures! Yay!
What a huge yet amazing update:thumbsup2
Yeah there wasn't a good cut off place and I wanted to move on to the next day :laughing:

Those mashed potatoes look so tasty, they are pretty much my favourite food... I will defs have to try them there! YUM
Mine too! They are so good!

That Genie is so dirty...but we already knew that & we love him anyway!:love:

You're right about Christmas and Halloween being right next to each other, looks very odd.
It was weird but the Halloween stuff was really cute!

Awh it's so cute that Josh is loving it and acting like a big kid... That's how everyone should be at Disney!

Excited to hear more!

Josh's excitement was so fun to watch! We had such an awesome time experiencing the magic through his eyes :cutie:

Thanks for the shout-out Caitlin. I'm glad you got to discover some of the details in World of Disney. There's just so much to see in there.

I always seem to forget about Wolfgang Puck Express. I don't think that I've been there for years!

Halloween stuff in the Christmas store? I guess we have Jack Skellington to blame for that. :laughing:

Thanks for the shout-out Caitlin. I'm glad you got to discover some of the details in World of Disney. There's just so much to see in there.

I always seem to forget about Wolfgang Puck Express. I don't think that I've been there for years!

Halloween stuff in the Christmas store? I guess we have Jack Skellington to blame for that. :laughing:

No problem! Your TRs really helped me appreciate how much work was put into that store!

You need to go back soon!

:laughing: It was weird seeing them together but I guess Disney just promotes the latest holiday in there :confused3

Great pictures! I really love the pictures of the water spouts - very cool. Can't wait to read more!

Hello Hello!! Just wanted to pop in to let you know how much I've been enjoying your TRs. I finished reading your May TR last night and I'm all caught up on this one. I love all your pictures. I cant wait to read more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter