~He didn't drink the Kool Aid.. He bathed in it!August TR~12/13 PG45 The End

Oh Caitlin I am so sorry.

I have been there and I know how devastating it is to see your future disappear in front of your eyes and to discover the person you love isn't who you thought they were. It messes with your head and you feel like such a fool.

I believe everything happens for a reason though and someday your prince will come. I had to wait another four years for mine after I broke off my first 'big' relationship!

The biggest thing I learnt from my break up was never to settle for anything less than my soulmate, but I think you've already realised that yourself!

You are so brave to update us on what's happened.

Praying for you and Josh and happy futures for you both.

Oh Caitlin I am so sorry.

I have been there and I know how devastating it is to see your future disappear in front of your eyes and to discover the person you love isn't who you thought they were. It messes with your head and you feel like such a fool.

I believe everything happens for a reason though and someday your prince will come. I had to wait another four years for mine after I broke off my first 'big' relationship!

The biggest thing I learnt from my break up was never to settle for anything less than my soulmate, but I think you've already realised that yourself!

You are so brave to update us on what's happened.

Praying for you and Josh and happy futures for you both.
I really do feel that way. It seems to just be getting worse because every time I hear something about him it is the opposite of what I thought he would do or say.

Thank you :hug:

I agree. I thought Josh was my soulmate though so it will take some time before I am ready to move past that.

I wanted to give all of my friends the truth and say goodbye in a proper way.

Thank you

Caitlin,
So sorry to hear this! You have had one heck of a year, and they say everything happens for a reason, and you will just come out of this much stronger and I am so glad you have such a wonderful loving family to help you!! Don't forget about all of your friends here on the DIS, and we will look forward to the next TR!

Caitlin,
So sorry to hear this! You have had one heck of a year, and they say everything happens for a reason, and you will just come out of this much stronger and I am so glad you have such a wonderful loving family to help you!! Don't forget about all of your friends here on the DIS, and we will look forward to the next TR!

:hug: Thank you. It has been a crazy year! I do feel much stronger and I believe I finally feel like I have crossed over from the teenager world to the adult world. I am proud of how I have handled everything and I am lucky to have all of my friends and family!

We will be back in February with a PRTR and a TR!

Caitlin,
I popped in to catch up.. gee did I catch up.

Your photos and your trip were off to a great start, so it was great that you could share so much of that.

I am truly sorry to hear about you & Josh. Know that if you really are soul mates, then things will happen again - maybe not in this life, but they will. (But sometimes you think you've lost "the One" only to find out that "the One" is coming in another door. ;))

You can't predict how head injuries will affect a person over time. I will keep Josh in my prayers that he is able to get help & work through this.

Hugs to you, and wishes for a very Merry Christmas to your wonderful family!

Caitlin, I've been following along silently here and I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I'm sure it hurts like heck but it will get better. Honey, I can't tell you how smart you are to have come to this realization before the wedding. That shows a tremendous amount of wisdom. I'm sure your parents are proud of that fact. Break ups are painful but engagements seem more so. But you're a lovely person inside and out and my guess is it won't be long before another young man sees that. Give yourself the time you need to work through all this, talk to whoever makes you feel better and lean on those great parents of yours. I agree, another Disney trip is a perfect step in that direction. I'm just so sorry for you but again, it's so much better to have learned that Josh isn't the man for you before you committed yourself further into the relationship. I hope he gets the help he needs too. Hang in there and have fun planning your next trip, can't wait to follow along.:goodvibes

Caitlin,
I popped in to catch up.. gee did I catch up.

Your photos and your trip were off to a great start, so it was great that you could share so much of that.

I am truly sorry to hear about you & Josh. Know that if you really are soul mates, then things will happen again - maybe not in this life, but they will. (But sometimes you think you've lost "the One" only to find out that "the One" is coming in another door. ;))

You can't predict how head injuries will affect a person over time. I will keep Josh in my prayers that he is able to get help & work through this.

Hugs to you, and wishes for a very Merry Christmas to your wonderful family!

There were definitely some great memories I will always keep close to my heart. Thank you for that a lot of my family and friends have been saying the same thing. Thank you for praying for him I am really worried. Thank you :hug: I hope you and your family have a great one!

Caitlin, I've been following along silently here and I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I'm sure it hurts like heck but it will get better. Honey, I can't tell you how smart you are to have come to this realization before the wedding. That shows a tremendous amount of wisdom. I'm sure your parents are proud of that fact. Break ups are painful but engagements seem more so. But you're a lovely person inside and out and my guess is it won't be long before another young man sees that. Give yourself the time you need to work through all this, talk to whoever makes you feel better and lean on those great parents of yours. I agree, another Disney trip is a perfect step in that direction. I'm just so sorry for you but again, it's so much better to have learned that Josh isn't the man for you before you committed yourself further into the relationship. I hope he gets the help he needs too. Hang in there and have fun planning your next trip, can't wait to follow along.:goodvibes

Thank you :hug: I am very glad I figured this all out before the wedding that is the bright side to all this. Thank you :hug: That's what I have been doing I am just taking it one day at a time some days are better and some are worse. We will be back in a couple months!

Caitlin,
so sorry the hear about the things you have been going through. I wish I could give you a hug. I know that you are surrounded by your amazing parents and that they are taking care of you and showering you with love. I hope that even through this that you will hold on to your family and friends and have a good Christmas. It will be rough, but with your family there will be some joy in the season. Praying for you and asking God to guide your steps and give you wisdom on how to deal with the coming days.

Much love from Florida :-)

Caitlin,
so sorry the hear about the things you have been going through. I wish I could give you a hug. I know that you are surrounded by your amazing parents and that they are taking care of you and showering you with love. I hope that even through this that you will hold on to your family and friends and have a good Christmas. It will be rough, but with your family there will be some joy in the season. Praying for you and asking God to guide your steps and give you wisdom on how to deal with the coming days.

Much love from Florida :-)

thank you :hug: They are and we are trying our best to get into the holiday spirit by spending time together :cutie: Thank you again :hug:

Hi Caitlin! I'm sorry I haven't commented in awhile, but I guess this TR has come to a sudden halt... :(

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with you & Josh. *hugs* I can only imagine how tough this time may be for you and I'm not sure anything I say will help at all, but just remember we're all here for you and you have your parents and the rest of your family as well to back you up. Just take it one day at a time.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best I can give :) I hope you have a wonderful trip in March, which I will eagerly await your report on! :-)

Hey - ARe you guys doing a pretrip report for Feb?????

Yes but probably won't start it until the beginning of February we aren't good at keeping up with PRTRs :laughing:

Hi Caitlin! I'm sorry I haven't commented in awhile, but I guess this TR has come to a sudden halt... :(

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with you & Josh. *hugs* I can only imagine how tough this time may be for you and I'm not sure anything I say will help at all, but just remember we're all here for you and you have your parents and the rest of your family as well to back you up. Just take it one day at a time.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best I can give :) I hope you have a wonderful trip in March, which I will eagerly await your report on! :-)

Yep it did...

Thank you

Thank you I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!

Wow, I can't believe I missed this trip report and it's already finished, but going to read it anyway and glad to see the new report (stupid internet nazis at work! no more reading trip reports with my morning coffee!); can't wait to finish this one and start the new one - really enjoy you and your mother's reports, I always get some great ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter