HDDR, Dining plan and payment question

bbak30

DIS Veteran
Ok, let's see how complicated I can make this.

We have a party of 10. I booked the HDDR but selected to guarantee with the dining plan. They charged my card anyway.
I was hoping I could call and get them to refund and hold with the HDDR, I've seen some suggest that on here.

Here is my question though, I really would prefer to pay OOP--when we get there. We have a large group and would need to pay seperately. Is this even possible? Can we pay when we get there?

Please help--I'm stressing about this!

If you chose category 1 for the first or second show then it would be oop as only category 2 and 3 are covered for the first 2 shows. If they've already charged your card then you have already paid so all you do is pick up your tickets when you either check in or at HDDR about 45 mins before the show. They will not hold any reservations at HDDR, its either prepay oop with credit card when booking or use the dining plan. All dinner shows require prepayment, this as well as CRT. You can call and be refunded but again depending which show they will then apply the dining plan credits.

Here is my take on it: IF you booked HDDR under a DDP eligible show and category (I would double check that!), you should be able to get a refund of your prepayment. Just explain that you want to use your credits and they can switch it over. Be aware they may cancel and re-book your adr which could impact your seats because they are assigned in order they were made.

If you then decide to pay OOP for the show, you can change that when you pick up your tickets at your hotel concierge or before the show at the ticket window at Pioneer Hall. I have switched types of payments a couple times when I picked up tix, it was a straightforward transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter