HBO's "Game of Thrones" in 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit late to the "Game". I must admit I really didnt want to watch anymore after the first episode. There isn't much that offends me but that first episode seriously creeped me out. Bran, The Queen and her brother, Visyris and Dany, etc. It was just alot to take in.

So, after much convincing, my hubby got me to watch the second episode and I was hooked since then. I've started reading the book too and I'm caught up with the show. :banana:

So far my favorite characters are Arya, Danerys and Jon. I can't stand Sansa. She's a brat! lol

Hello everyone!

I'm a bit late to the "Game". I must admit I really didnt want to watch anymore after the first episode. There isn't much that offends me but that first episode seriously creeped me out. Bran, The Queen and her brother, Visyris and Dany, etc. It was just alot to take in.

I was very creeped out too, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. I've really enjoyed the show so far. :thumbsup2

I am LOVING this series. Peter Dinklage deserves an Emmy and I am sure he will receive one. I love the characters and frankly, would be PROUD to be Jon Snow's mother. :thumbsup2

ok someone pm me.

the tv channel info about the new episode says Tyrion pleads guilty.
is he?

is he one of the casualtys in the book?

I 'like' that character.

love this series....hate after I watch it that it is only an hr each week....and need to wait for another week to see what will happen....I give it a way :thumbsup2

If you go to hbogo.com you can enter your cable/satellite provider username and password and you can watch next week's episode. It was awesome. The only drawback? Now I have to wait two weeks for a new episode.

I tried that but unfortunately my cable provider Time Warner is not part of the HBOgo service :(

I'm actually rather surpirsed they went with the Robert Arryn breastfeeding...though I suppose I shouldn't be, given that it's HBO. How weirded out must that kid actor be?

**warning** next week is XXX rated. I was a bit surprised.

I love Game of Thrones and will be so disappointed when the season ends.

[I love Game of Thrones and will be so disappointed when the season ends.[/QUOTE]

Everyone should read the books if they haven't. They are awesome. I have really enjoyed the series on television but I am going to go back and reread the books again before the Dance with Dragons book comes out in July. Wonderful story, and I forgot how much I liked Tyrion.

**warning** next week is XXX rated. I was a bit surprised.

I love Game of Thrones and will be so disappointed when the season ends.

What part? I honestly don't have a sensitivity gene so something that might bother one person doesn't faze me.

What part? I honestly don't have a sensitivity gene so something that might bother one person doesn't faze me.

Yeah, I don't really care about that stuff, but now I'm racking my brains trying to figure out where such a scene may have come from? There really wasn't all that much sexy towards the end of the book. I can think of one scene, that if they actually put it in the show I'd be impressed (not because of the X rating, but because of the acrobatic requirements put on the actors).

Actually, I'm really excited to see the end of the season, even though I know how it goes.

When does the season end? It must be coming fairly soon I'm thinking?

I was wondering that, too, and I am definitely thinking about grabbing the books to read over the summer. I just started watching the series last week so got to watch a couple at a time which was nice. next sunday's ep is really really good...hate waiting two weeks for the next ep, but serves me right for watching early. :)

My son got hooked on the show after I had him watch the first episode, and I gave him my copy of the book. He read the book in two days. I just finished off "A Clash of Kings" for about the 4th time, and started "A Storm of Swords" last night.

Only 4 episodes left -- damn.

Another big thumbs up. :thumbsup2 Altho I have to say the relationship between the brother and sister, having a twin brother myself, really creeps me out, gag, shudder. :eek:

I've been a huge fan of the book series for years and the show has not dissapointed at all (and for those who haven't read the books yet you have some major major shocks coming up soon).

There's really only one or two things I found in the show that maybe weren't what I was expecting. The main one being the casting for Lysa who is described in the books as being an overly full figured woman not the skeletor they have playing her (although the actress is doing a wonderful job at playing the crazy lady). The other thing that kind of surprised me is the blatant refrence to Loras' and Renly's homosexuality which is always hinted at in the books but never actually confirmed.

All in all though great job with the whole thing and I'm very happy that Clash of Kings will be out next year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter