Hayley's Make A Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Nov/Dec 2010)

Have a great trip! My sister is going down to Graceland in August. She LOVES Elvis. Yay for 4 months!!!:cool1:

Thanks Tonya! I have already subbed to your TR and cannot wait to read more and see more pictures!! :thumbsup2

Graceland was actually really neat, even for someone like me, that is not a huge Elvis fan. The Memphis Zoo was just okay. I loved seeing the Pandas, but the zoo is so large and all spread out, a really exhausting day. And a lot of the stuff seemed to be not open yet or operating. Like they had a whole little section with kiddie rides, however, none of them were running? Hmm! :confused3

We have fantastic children's zoo here in Fort Wayne, Indiana (rated one of the 10 best zoos in Parenting Magazine!), so maybe I am just spoiled, but I really wasn't impressed by the Memphis Zoo.:sad2:

And boy is it hot down south! And that humidity is killer! I am so glad that we decided to wait until November to do our wish trip when hopefully the weather will be much cooler!!:goodvibes

Hi Becky,

I'm a newbie so going through all the PTR. I want to say that you have a beautiful family. Glad that Hayley got a wish to go to Disney World. My youngest got a wish to go to DW back in Nov.08. Now my other daughter was granted a wish and wants to go back. Our first date are for Nov.14th-20th. Our second dates are in March. It was a great time to go in Nov. though it happened to be the coldest week when we were there. Not sure we will get to go in Nov. since it's coming up and sure it's booked. Hopefully next week we will have dates.

Hi Becky...Just seeing how everything is going?

Thanks for checking on me!:goodvibes

Things in general are going well. Hayley is doing very well right now, summer is usually her good time. I am just hoping we can keep her health in the beginning of fall for her trip!

School starts in less than 3 weeks now, so I am hoping that makes the time go faster. Also hoping that their teacher's aren't upset about them missing a week of school for our MAW trip. But with Hayley and her CF it would have been too hard for her to go in the summer. It is just too hot and humid, which really affects her breathing. My mom took us to Disney in June of 2008 the first week right after the kids got out of school. We had a great time, but it was soo hot! We had to get up early and be at the parks in the morning, then take an afternoon break to swim and cool down and then try to go back to the parks, and she was just really exhausted. We only got to see one firework show (Illuminations). So the kids have never seen Wishes or Fantasmic. I don't think it will work out to see Fantasmic this trip as it is only showing two nights (one of which is Thursday night- Christmas Party night at GKTW and Tuesday night, and we are hoping to attend
MVMCP that night)

Anyway, now I am starting to ramble. I am getting an idea of which park on which day now, but I also realize that can change. I am hoping to do both Universal parks in one day and also Seaworld, as I don't know if we would get back to those parks ever on a future trip. I am sure we will be back to Disney at some point again somewhere down the road.

Speaking of Univeral and Sea World. ANy recommendations for where to eat in any of those parks or any can't miss things there? I would appreciate hearing about favorites of those of you who have already gone!!

Things in general are going well. Hayley is doing very well right now, summer is usually her good time. I am just hoping we can keep her health in the beginning of fall for her trip!

School starts in less than 3 weeks now, so I am hoping that makes the time go faster. Also hoping that their teacher's aren't upset about them missing a week of school for our MAW trip. But with Hayley and her CF it would have been too hard for her to go in the summer. It is just too hot and humid, which really affects her breathing. My mom took us to Disney in June of 2008 the first week right after the kids got out of school. We had a great time, but it was soo hot! We had to get up early and be at the parks in the morning, then take an afternoon break to swim and cool down and then try to go back to the parks, and she was just really exhausted. We only got to see one firework show (Illuminations). So the kids have never seen Wishes or Fantasmic. I don't think it will work out to see Fantasmic this trip as it is only showing two nights (one of which is Thursday night- Christmas Party night at GKTW and Tuesday night, and we are hoping to attend
MVMCP that night)

Anyway, now I am starting to ramble. I am getting an idea of which park on which day now, but I also realize that can change. I am hoping to do both Universal parks in one day and also Seaworld, as I don't know if we would get back to those parks ever on a future trip. I am sure we will be back to Disney at some point again somewhere down the road.

Speaking of Univeral and Sea World. ANy recommendations for where to eat in any of those parks or any can't miss things there? I would appreciate hearing about favorites of those of you who have already gone!!

You know i never thought of trying to do universal all in one day.. wonder if it is possible hmmm :) things to ponder hehe, cause if it is possible then seaworld would become a definate choices choices.. Thanks for the idea

and well Rambling is a specialty of mine !! love it

MVMCP that night)

I know what you mean about Summer. My kids couldn't handle the heat. Can Hayley do indepenent study? I know here if they miss 5 or more days they can do this and they aren't considered absent. The only down fall is all work is due when the child comes back. The school may give her extra time since it's her Wish trip.

I think you can do both parks. My kids will want to stay at each park all day. They love the rollercoasters. At Sea World we ate at The Terrace Cafe. They were pretty good. It's a sandwich place. They even gave free samples of beer. Universal..I would say Shrek 4D, Jaws, barney if she like him, and Animal actor show. Sea World...Believe show, Clyde and seamore show, Blue Horizon, Pets Ahoy, that's all I remember.

Oh..I forgot dining in Universal. I heard MARGARITAVILLE was really good. I want to eat there when we go. Bubba Gump(that's a sea food restaurant). Those are on City Walk though. We just ate at quick dining palce. I forgot the name now.

We went in June of 08 also. It was awful. Poured rain it and it was miserably hot. Worst trip we have EVER had lol ok well maybe not the Branson trip might be a tie lol. But looking back we were so unprepared. Ty's Wish trip in July was very hot and it did rain but we were more prepared.Poncho's hat and headphones helped make the difference;)

We didn't eat at Sea World except Tim got an icecream. We ate at Luigies(sp?) at Universal. They have pizza and it was sooo good. Or else we were just so hungry lol. We did Universal in one day. We didn't ride alot of rides but I think it could have been doable. We loved Sea World and could have spent all day there but Christmas was that night so we cut out a bit early. I think if you are really into shows and animals you might want to spend a full day there.We had to hurry up and sprint across the park to get to Believe because it was the only show time we had time to see before we wanted to head out to GKTW. I would have loved to see the Clyde and Seymore show I bet that was cute:)

Universal can totally be done in one day. We did IOA one afternoon, after we need to sleep in. We did US one morning. If you pick your priorities and just skip the other stuff it'll be easy!

Sea World took way longer than I thought it would. I would walk it differently now that I know. Again, pick your priorities ahead of time and you'll be fine.

We loved Shark's Underwater Grill, at SW. Expensive but worth it, we thought. Didn't eat at US, but my friend and I walked around the Citywalk area at night and they all looked good. If you have a fave style go with. Bubba Gump, Margaritaville, Bob Marley, NASCAR, Hard Rock. Margaritaville and BG seemed closest to the main walkway, but none were too far out of the way except for Hard Rock. Saw it across the water, not sure how to get there.

We have just been invited to be part of the Big Give! I am so excited after seeing all of the wonderful things on past PTR's. I know this is a group of true angels that really dedicate their time and skills to make wish trips even better!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for selecting Hayley and our Family to be part of the Big Give!:banana:

We also had other fun news to celebrate. One of Hayley's make A Wish Volunteers, Karen, works for our local minor league baseball team the Tin Caps. She invited us to the game last night and Hayley got to throw out the first pitch of the game:banana: She was so excited and had so much fun! They said her name, that she was 6 years old and that she has Cystic Fibrosis. They also said that we were going on a Make A Wish trip to Disney in November and they showed her with her name and the Make A Wish logo on the big Jumbo scoreboard! I will post a picture later tonight or tomorrow. We got home late from the game and I am at work now.

Karen also got us awesome seats for the game right behind home plate! It was a great night, but VERY HOT!!! We may have sweated off a few pound, which my hubby and I could use!

We are almost down to less than three months and getting very excited!:cool1:

So here is Hayley with her name on the big score board and behind her name is says Make A Wish in blue, but it kind of hard to read in the picture.

IMG_5160.jpg

Here she is throwing the pitch!

IMG_5161.jpg

Here is a pic of my hubby and son Nathan and a our view from our awesome seats!!

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

So here is Hayley with her name on the big score board and behind her name is says Make A Wish in blue, but it kind of hard to read in the picture.

IMG_5160.jpg

Here she is throwing the pitch!

IMG_5161.jpg

Here is a pic of my hubby and son Nathan and a our view from our awesome seats!!

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg
Awesome pictures. I bet you were beaming from ear to ear. Congrats Hayley for a great first pitch!!

THAT is the coolest! Thanks for sharing the pics. My DH will be jealous. He is a baseball fanatic. :goodvibes

Woo Hoo for the Big Give. Seriously, the hearts of the big givers are huge :lovestruc, and they do so much to add to the magic of our wish trips!

:banana::banana: For being a part of the BIG GIVE!! I can't wait to see Hayley's smiles and goodies! How awsome is that to get to throw out the first pitch!!! Glad you all had a great time!:cool1:

How cool that she got to throw out the first pitch! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Aww Thats amazing that they did that for her with 1st pitch ! thats so special and wonderful , ty for sharing pics and YAY @ big give sooo can't wait to see pics too :grouphug:

Oh my gosh - how cool!!!!!

Some kids just wish for THAT!

what a cool thing to do! :) Glad you had such a great time! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter