Hayley's Make A Wish Trip MAW/GKTW (Nov/Dec 2010)

Oh my goodness reading your story about your daughter deserving to go to WDW brought tears to my eyes! Just wish stories in general Haley and Ali both my goodness! You don't and shouldn't have to justify your reasons why Haley deserves to go to WDW! I believe you want your daughter to have the most magical and wonderful time without having to be on oxygen and other things. I think you've made a great decision and if MaW believes your daughter deserves it now then so be it! Have the best time of your life and make it special!
We have a radio station here in TX that raises money every year for 1 day for 200 families and in Nov they take off for a week it's called Kidds kids and I listen to it every morning especially when they are in WDW and hearing the families and kids talk about how wonderful WDW is I'm balling like a baby dropping off my kids at school. They don't say anything or really ask questions. I think they know those kids are sick and they just listen to what they are saying! It's amazing what kids understand at young ages. I'm just so happy for all of them there enjoying themselves at WDW!

Oh my goodness reading your story about your daughter deserving to go to WDW brought tears to my eyes! Just wish stories in general Haley and Ali both my goodness! You don't and shouldn't have to justify your reasons why Haley deserves to go to WDW! I believe you want your daughter to have the most magical and wonderful time without having to be on oxygen and other things. I think you've made a great decision and if MaW believes your daughter deserves it now then so be it! Have the best time of your life and make it special!
We have a radio station here in TX that raises money every year for 1 day for 200 families and in Nov they take off for a week it's called Kidds kids and I listen to it every morning especially when they are in WDW and hearing the families and kids talk about how wonderful WDW is I'm balling like a baby dropping off my kids at school. They don't say anything or really ask questions. I think they know those kids are sick and they just listen to what they are saying! It's amazing what kids understand at young ages. I'm just so happy for all of them there enjoying themselves at WDW!

Thank you so much!

And thanks for all the replies!

Hi there! I subbed right in the beginning but just caught up. I had to make myself hold back on the reading until I got our TR started!

I can't believe how fast you got your dates approved and your flight times! That's great! It will be so much easier to plan those special meals and anything else your family would enjoy. Sounds like you chose a great week to go and those flight times are awesome!!!!:thumbsup2

:cool1:So I just made my first ADR for our day of arrival !! :cool1:

I made it at T-Rex in Downtown Disney for dinner on our arrival night. We will be arriving in Orlando at 9:15am so I figure we can explore GKTW during the day and possibly make it to Downtown Disney that evening. I know it may not happen as planned, but this is the first day I could make an ADR and we will not be going to any of the parks on arrival day.

Has anyone else eaten at T-Rex? I have heard it is similar to Rainforest Cafe (which my kids love) but with dinosaurs (which they also love). I also heard the food is pretty good and would welcome any reviews from anyone who has been there!!

We are finally at less that six months to go and I am SOO EXCITED!!!!:cool1:

I love the Rainforest Cafe.

The only thing I have really heard re: T Rex is that it is quite loud in there.

Woo Hoo on your first ADR!

You could also go to Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. You would get a head start on meeting the characters and even be able to watch Wishes from the 4th floor observatory (outdoor viewing spot where they pipe the music in for ya). I love eating at CM's because of the monorail overhead. Very cool! And very Disney!

Or to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Boma is great!) and explore over there. If you wanted some other "non park" restaurant ideas. :)

We ate at the T-Rex last year. We loved it! more than the Rainforest. But that's our opinion. The meteor shower was nice too. All the dinos come to life. We made ADR for this year as well! For us it's s must do! Yum!

We ate at T-Rex last week, same as you are planning, on our first day there. It was great...loud, but the kids still loved it. The food was pretty good, quite a variety of things on the menu, I think.

The only thing to think about is the orientation at GKTW. They offered one at 3:00 the day we arrived, so we did that and then headed to Downtown Disney and really enjoyed the evening. I don't think they always offer a midday orientation like that though, so keep it in mind! There were several check-ins that morning/early afternoon, so they were trying to accomodate a few families at one time.

Just wanted to say how happy I am for Hayley and for you! I am the program coordinator for the CF center in Portland Maine, AND a disney vacation club owner and disney planning freak! You can have almost as much fun planning over the next six months as you will on your trip! My family is headed to the mouse house on July 31st to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday and my husband and my 20th anniversary! I'll be following your progress as you plan for your magical adventure! Enjoy every minute!
earfully, Cindy

Just wanted to say how happy I am for Hayley and for you! I am the program coordinator for the CF center in Portland Maine, AND a disney vacation club owner and disney planning freak! You can have almost as much fun planning over the next six months as you will on your trip! My family is headed to the mouse house on July 31st to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday and my husband and my 20th anniversary! I'll be following your progress as you plan for your magical adventure! Enjoy every minute!
earfully, Cindy

Thanks Cindy! I am so excited about the planning! We can't wait, we find ourselves talking about the trip all the time! I want to get everyones favorites in, so we keep talking about it alot!!

We ate at T-Rex last week, same as you are planning, on our first day there. It was great...loud, but the kids still loved it. The food was pretty good, quite a variety of things on the menu, I think.

The only thing to think about is the orientation at GKTW. They offered one at 3:00 the day we arrived, so we did that and then headed to Downtown Disney and really enjoyed the evening. I don't think they always offer a midday orientation like that though, so keep it in mind! There were several check-ins that morning/early afternoon, so they were trying to accomodate a few families at one time.

I am so glad your family liked T-Rex. I had heard that sometimes they have afternoon orientation. I think maybe I will make a later in the evening reservation at T-Rex as well, just in case. Will they let me make two reservations at the same restaurant in one day?:confused3

We are finally down to less than 5 months before our trip! We have a busy summer, then school will start and I am hoping that time just flies!!

We have some ADR's set and I think a plan of where we are going on each day, but I understand that this may change. I have already changed it several times, so I think I will wait until it gets closer before I post it on here.

Make A Wish is paying for us to have breakfast at the castle with the princesses and Hayley is very excited about that!

We also want to attend the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Does anyone know how I buy tickets to that now to make sure we get them before the party sells out?

I am really enjoying reading all the Trip Reports and Pre-Trip Reports for the MAW trips! I love seeing all the pictures and all the smiles! Can't wait until it is my turn to post my TR!

We are finally down to less than 5 months before our trip! We have a busy summer, then school will start and I am hoping that time just flies!!

We have some ADR's set and I think a plan of where we are going on each day, but I understand that this may change. I have already changed it several times, so I think I will wait until it gets closer before I post it on here.

Make A Wish is paying for us to have breakfast at the castle with the princesses and Hayley is very excited about that!

We also want to attend the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Does anyone know how I buy tickets to that now to make sure we get them before the party sells out?

I am really enjoying reading all the Trip Reports and Pre-Trip Reports for the MAW trips! I love seeing all the pictures and all the smiles! Can't wait until it is my turn to post my TR!

T-Rex is a lot of fun. We have walked through the one in DTD, but we have not eaten there. There only other one and the first one is in Kansas City and Tyler loves to eat there after doctor's appointments when we travel up there. The portion sizes for adults are generous and you can probably share a meal. If you have a Rainforest Safari card, then you also get a free appetizer.

As for MVMCP (Christmas Party), you can purchase the tickets at Disney.com. Just go to tickets and special events. I would not worry too much about the date you are going selling out. It is normally the ones that are later in December that sell out.

I also wanted to let you know that we went about the same dates last year and it was still quite warm out. I packed sweatshirts and long pants and did not need them at all. I know that a cold front could come through so you might want a few each, but I was surprised that we were able to wear shorts even at 3 am one night and not be cold.

You sound like you are way ahead on your planning! :wizard:

:cool1: yay on less then 5 months! Sounds like you all have a very busy summer. We might try to do a walk in T-Rex after we walk through it to see how it is. I hope you all like it.

I stumbled upon this site while planning my daughters wish trip and was surprised to see that we had the same dates November 14-20. We will also be staying at GKTW. How interesting. Looking forward to reading more about your planning.

I stumbled upon this site while planning my daughters wish trip and was surprised to see that we had the same dates November 14-20. We will also be staying at GKTW. How interesting. Looking forward to reading more about your planning.

Well hello there! You are the first one that I have "met" on here that will be there at the same time as us!! How exciting!:cool1:

We cannot wait for the trip and are almost down to less than 4 months to go ( you too!:goodvibes:goodvibes)

Feel free to start a PTR of your own and post on the Wish Tripper thread! I would love to hear about your planning as well!:banana:

Hi there! :)

I just wanted to send you a personal invitation to join us on the wish trippers thread! :goodvibes

You guys have picked a great week to go to Disney! You get the Christmas stuff without the Christmas crowds! :thumbsup2

We are finally down to the four month mark today!! :cool1:

I keep reading all the TR's and new PTR's and finally someone from the DIS is joing us at GTKW the same week!

We are heading to Memphis tomorrow for a mini-vacation with my mom, sister and nephew (hubby's are staying at home, so just the girls and the kids!) We are headed to Graceland, which my mom has always wanted to visit! She is a huge Elvis fan!! We are also headed to the Memphis zoo to see Pandas!! Anyone who lives near Memphis or has visited in the past feel free to give any tips, suggestions or restaurants you think we should try!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter