having a scrappers block!

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
hi guys, ok I have all these great pictures from kate's irish dance recital and last day of school, but for some reason, I can't think of what to do with them! I don't like any of the paper I have, any of the embellishments, etc that I have.... Any ideas? (or do I just need a vacation? :D ) maggie

When I can't think of how to scrap a certain picture or set of pictures, I just put them aside and glance at them whenever I'm perusing my pictures for the next layout. Sooner or later, I get an idea and it almost always works out great and ends up being a favorite layout.

The times that I've forced myself to scrap a group of pictures because I felt like they needed to be done now-- I've always hated the resulting layouts. I have one layout that every time I see it, I cringe. That one is going to have to be redone someday-- I'm just waiting for the inspiration on how it should be done properly.

I usually see some cute & simple ideas in my Simple Scrapbook magazine or in my sb books. Maybe you can look through a magazine or book. Just a thought ...

I get a different sort of scrappers block...lack of motivation! lately it has past....but I can feel it building!
Maybe if you take the pictures with you to the scrapbook store you will be inspired by the papers! Is her dress really colorful? Have you thought about enlarging some of the pics. Less on a page? A simple lay out might do the trick. Those dance outfits can be very beautiful and actually just create the page if that makes sense.

you just need to set the photos aside - and move on
and then one day you will find something and go - oh this paper, or these charms, or this whatever is the perfect thing for the photos of ....

I do that alot (alas the piles of photos upon my desk area! LOL)

PattyT

Ok, wierd idea here, but bear with me...
Many Irish dancers costumes I've seen have beautiful embroidery on them. Could you duplicate the embroidery on her costume for a border? Maybe use markers or threads or something?
Just a thought...
Oh, if you can scan the pics in maybe somebody will come up with just the thing to get you going again.:D

Is there a cropping group in your area? I go to a monthly crop and always come away with tons of new ideas and techniques. I try to bring along the troublesome pictures because someone always has a great idea on how to deal with them.

thanks for all the advice, I put the pictures away for now. I decided to work on some stuff for the secret sister swap instead. :D I plan on taking the pictures to the LSS to look at paper and use their die cutter for the title. (not that of course I have anything better than dance recital right now.... :D ) maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter