Have you used Tour Guide Mike?

2infinityandbeyond said:
I've used the UG and its touring plans. I am a big advocate of having a schedule and plan of attack for every park. Does TGM offer similar touring plans?
Yes, Mike gives you a sample touring plan, YOU customize it to your family. I thought I'd put in my preferences and information and out would come a plan. Nope. He does give lots of information that is critical in putting my plan together, but he doesn't put the plan together for you. I'm still not asking for a refund, but it's more work than I thought on my part.

Jolimont, That's what I thought it was going to be also so at first I was not too happy with the site. Then I looked into it further and realized that this site was much better than I had ever thought. I so like so many things about it . He has sooo many tips that very worthwhile. I like that they are so up to the minute. He is always making changes when WDW is making changes and testing them out himself. You gotta love it!!! :Pinkbounc

2infinityandbeyond said:
I've used the UG and its touring plans. I am a big advocate of having a schedule and plan of attack for every park. Does TGM offer similar touring plans?

I've been to WDW many times and have tried different touring plans and every guide book out there with good and bad results. The plans never change even though the parks are never the same. But please don't get stuck on that one facet. TourGuideMike is so much more than just a step by step plan. You get consistently good results all through your vacation.

Example - I've been making priority seating calls for years. It was always hit or miss, sometimes with long waits on hold. With the tips from TGM I was able to get through every day, first try, without a wait and got every reservation I wanted for entire trip.

There's hot tips on where to sit for shows and parades without being stuck in the crowd. Best day/time for each park. The guide books always recommend the same things but with TGMike's advice YOU can modify your plans because you KNOW how it works. You will have a better, stress free vacation. Worth every penny, IMHO.

John-NJ

I was desperate. My husband hated going to WDW, probably from previous experiences with long, hot, tiring lines, crabby kids, etc. I love Disney so I had to figure out a way to make him sort of like it so that we could go more. Tried UG which worked, but we didn't like the marathon racing from section to section in the parks. Five years after our last trip together (I had several with friends, daughter, disabled adults, etc.) I tried Tour Guide Mike and got him back for one last visit. He liked it so much that he decided we should buy a DVC time share! We took our first trip as owners and he liked that so much that we bought another one!!! This is quite an extreme turnaround (to say the least) and I give full credit to the Tour Guide MIke AVP. Now my formerly Disney avoiding husband is already making plans for the next trips on the plane home. I can't believe it.
Paart of the best part is that when (not if) Disney changes things, Mike has them on the forum or web page the next day. If it is really critical, he privately emails you. I had trouble accessing the forums at first and he patiently emailed me several times until the problem was solved. He spent a lot of time working with me and I REALLY appreciate that. I am not very good with computers - it was my fault, but he didn't make me feel stupid. Show me a book that can give that kind of support!!
:cheer2: for Tour Guide Mike
Pam

JohnNJ said:
I've been to WDW many times and have tried different touring plans and every guide book out there with good and bad results. The plans never change even though the parks are never the same. But please don't get stuck on that one facet. TourGuideMike is so much more than just a step by step plan. You get consistently good results all through your vacation.

Example - I've been making priority seating calls for years. It was always hit or miss, sometimes with long waits on hold. With the tips from TGM I was able to get through every day, first try, without a wait and got every reservation I wanted for entire trip.

There's hot tips on where to sit for shows and parades without being stuck in the crowd. Best day/time for each park. The guide books always recommend the same things but with TGMike's advice YOU can modify your plans because you KNOW how it works. You will have a better, stress free vacation. Worth every penny, IMHO.

John-NJ

I think you've sold me on the TGM idea.

Thanks!!

Another vote for TGM!! With my last trip over Thanksgiving being my 9th in 5 years, and considering I have spent more hours reading and taking notes on the disboards than I care to admit..hehe..I thought I had my second trip over Thanksgiving down to a T. Then I started reading posts saying the resorts were all booked and they were expecting 04 to be the most crowded Thanksgiving ever. I was getting nervous. I figured for less than 20 bucks., I will give it a shot and see where HE suggests that I go on THanksgiving weeked. Well, TGM had a completely different schedule than I did. His Thanksgiving day itinerary was NOT ANYTHING I would have thought to do. But I went ahead and followed Mikes advice. He was absolutely RIGHT!!! We had such low crowds on thanskgiving day, I couldnt believe it!! I was so pleased with his advice and his website ( he constantly updates when disney changes, and as long as you are signed up for that vacation month, you get an email everytime something changes in that month) that I went and renewed for my trip in 3 weeks. I just had to see what he said about touring plans with the new Extra Magic Hours. I love getting my personal "what parks to go to and which ones to avoid". Not only does he tell you where to go and where not to go, he gives you detailed reasons why. It all makes sense and most of it you wouldnt normally think of on your own. I know I didnt and I thought I was a semi expert! To renew was cheaper and I found a discount for the first time I joined. It was the best less that 20 bucks I ever spent on Disney info!! :cheer2:

We joined yesterday, and have managed to spend something like 10 hours looking through all the great information. While boards like DISGBoards are good, his site is something completely different. Hard to describe, other than it has the feel of learning from someone who knows all the tricks and wants to share them with you. By far the best $18 I've spent planning for our upcoming trip! All the information is well organized. For example, my wife was just asking about places to eat in MK, and with one click got his personal reviews, best times to eat, user reviews, and so on.

Although you'll end up spending hours and hours, it's fun, and you won't waste time searching, you'll spend time planning!. Another vote for Mike!

:cheer2:

WOW...thanks to this thread, I also joined 2 days ago and all I can say is WOW!!

I have spent 2 days there and it is amazing all the hard work he has put into that site. He knows all things Disney!!

I love it...I will be renewing my subscription to his site each year! Thanks for the heads-up guys! :Pinkbounc

The good news Donnaduck, -- it gets better and better. The more you look, the more you are amazed at the content! Enjoy!

Add me to the list of happy happy TGMike users. I had been on 2 WDW trips prior to subscribing to his services and been on the DIS since Jan 2000 and my secret hobby is researching and reading about WDW. With that said, TourGuideMike is an invaluable resource. Not only that, he is a terrific guy! The $22 is NOTHING compared to the great ideas/tips/tricks/pictures/advice/etc. you will receive. You can spend hours at the site and still have only put your toe in the water.

I say unequivocally, TourGuideMike is the best!

I also love TGMike better than anything else I've used (Birnbaum's, Mousesavers, and tirelessly gleening every bit of information I could from anyone who even mentioned the word Disney.) I don't do all that work anymore. IMHO my TGMike's AVP has everything I need, and more than I ever learned before, all in one convenient place. :flower: I think it is worth much more than it costs in time value (planning and at the parks) and in vacation satisfaction. A "for instance" on why I like it so much--this year we received an update on the best fireworks viewing spot for MVMCP THE WEEK BEFORE we left for our trip in December 04 and the update was PM'd to me! And the tip was right on...we had a great "crowd free" spot to watch the new multidmensional fireworks (and another to see the parade). Not everyone at Magic Kingdom did that evening! :smooth:

Also invaluable and not easily duplicated, is TGMike's "Best Mornings and Evenings" of which park to be in and where....think you've seen that info before someplace else? You might want to look again...this info is specific to the month and YEAR that you are going and is up dated constantly (no, not all year's are the same....ask the people who went in August and September of '04) To me, that is priceles information especially since it comes from someone with enough expertise to make recommendations. YOu might hear from someone who just came back from Disney and they can tell you changes, but they might not be able to tell you how that would affect the next month. We've also received information that lead us to try out restaurants and hotels and attractions (and how and when to see them) that we wouldnt' have before--some of our new best experiences at WDW! :cool1:

In our past 3 trips planned with TGMike, we have NEVER waited in a line more than 5 -10 minutes, yet we have seen every popular attraction. In fact, TGMikes tips and AVP information is entirely responsible for me (a big chicken :blush: ) riding Mission Space TWICE in December 04 and not only enjoying myself (and not getting sick or worrying about kids) but not waiting more than 8 minutes in line either time and getting to ride Test Track with as short a wait the same day. I haven't found the same kind of advice about actually riding an attraction any where else. One year we used TGMike we also rode Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger spin 5 times in one day without waiting (and no, it wasn’t hurricane season). My children have become good consumers too with that information... When we pass a 2 hour line, they look at me and ask, “Why are they waiting ?”

Just my 2 cents...I'm certainly pleased and haven't found anyone else who had any information that I feel I missed or needed.

Thanks for the discussion,
Chris (Wife and Mom to 4)
1989--Just the two of us
1997 and 2000--Polynesian
2003 --Wilderness Lodge
July 2004--P O French Quarter (Mom's getaway)
Dec 2004--Coronado Springs

how long is the subscription for? I guess what I'm asking is how long do you get to use TGM for your $22? We are going in April but I wasn't sure if it's a monthly or yearly fee.

Thanks! Brenda

CinderellasMama said:
how long is the subscription for? I guess what I'm asking is how long do you get to use TGM for your $22? We are going in April but I wasn't sure if it's a monthly or yearly fee.

Thanks! Brenda

It is good from the time you order it until 60 days after your trip is over. It's a one-time fee.

TourGuideMike is great - especially if you have researched alot - he has lots of tips you just do not find anywhere else.

Another thumbs up for TGM. I just renewed for another trip (my second renewal in less than 6 months!) :D

You guys have convinced me to give TGM a try! I've been to WDW many times myself but we are traveling with another family this time and its their first trip to Florida. I so want everything to be the best I can possibly make it for them and I think TGM will help!

(You guys should get a commission!)

I just signed up for Tour Guide Mike's AVP and I'm very impressed. It truly appeals to my obsessive planning nature. We're planning our trip for Thanksgiving 2005 and there is so much info to keep me occupied and in planning mode for months. I can't wait to have a go at his forums. :earseek: I took advantage of the Mouse for Less discount code and am going to cancel my Amazon order of the Passporter and UG. I'll take the UG out of the library and perhaps purchase the PP closer to the trip.

Thanks for the advice and thanks Mike for a job well done. :cheer2:

:cheer2: Another TGM Cheerleader here :cheer2:

Everyone else pretty much summed up what I have to say about TGM. All I can say is I went against his advice one day and paid for it dearly.

I have just signed up for the second time.

zippehsmom

After reading this thread, I also joined TGM. I LOVE the site! :love: We leave for our trip one month from today. I have been trying to read as much as I can on the site. I have already learned a lot and can't wait to try out TGM's suggestions! I also like his sense of humor!

Gayl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter