Have you ever planned a trip to DL by yourself?

Earning My Ears
I'm 30, never married, no girlfriend, and am not really the type most would assume would love Disneyland (athlete, sports junkie, still participate professionally in sports, etc). However the best memories of my life were spent at that park. I live in Colorado and my family would drive out there every year to see family, stay at the park etc. I literally have nobody to go with. None of my friends would go, and none of the girls I would consider dating would want to go. Have any of you ever gone by yourself? Is it wierd to think about this? I still have family out there but they go so often they wouldn't want to stay for more than a day. So what say you my friends? Also if you know any female Disney lovers I'd love to meet them!

I went to WDW all by myself and 4 months prego. It was the best trip of my life. Wish I could go everytime by myself

It is not weird. I go solo all the time. It's great. I think you should try it at least once just to see how it goes. My sister is single and is an insane Disney nut, however she is 14 years older than you :)

Welcome to the DIS! Spend some time here, you'll learn lots. Several regular posters have made solo trips.

Thanks guys! I am a disney vet myself, I know the park inside and out and love it. I know I would have fun, but I just wonder if I would miss not having someone to share it with. I don't know. I'm back and forth on it.

I went by myself last year. I was a little insecure that I might feel awkward at times. Most concerning was the thought of sitting in a restaurant alone, and a little concerning was the thought of standing in line alone. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. I absolutely loved it!!! I can't wait to be able to do another solo trip.

Now, I'm coming from a different place than you in that I go to DL at least once a year and usually in a group ranging in size from 8 to 12 people. So I was totally enjoying the fact that I could go as fast or slow as I wished. -It was all about me, just me, for once :). My point being, while you won't have the joy of comparing "trying to keep everybody happy" with "the freedom to ride IASM twice in a row", it will still be a ton of fun.

And if going solo still seems weird to you, maybe you could hook up with some other DISers. I would tell you that my 25 year old, single, disney loving daughter is going with me in January; I would, but she would probably shoot me if I did. :rotfl:

25 year old Disney loving daughter...go on....lol, does she like taller athletic....oh nevermind

I would love to go with some other Disboard people! I think that would be a great time!

I planned a last minute trip last August and had a fantastic time. I stayed for 3 nights at the DLH and it was bliss. My DH was gone for 5 weeks for a class for the Air Force and he was like go for it. I took the shuttle to the hotel and felt safe the entire time. I loved exploring the parks by myself and tried foods I had never tried before. I would do it again in a heartbeat as I looooove my Disney Parks ;)

I have done DLR once solo (in Sept 2010), WDW once solo (Feb 2012) and DLR Paris once solo (in 2007).

I had a blast but I can say when you are solo then shorter trips are better than longer trips and it is easier to do shorter trips solo because of single rider and bceause you always just do what you want.

Now, why would girls you wanted to date not be interested? It seems to be a high percentage of young women are interested in Disney. :scratchin

:wizard:

I'm 30, never married, no girlfriend, and am not really the type most would assume would love Disneyland (athlete, sports junkie, still participate professionally in sports, etc). However the best memories of my life were spent at that park. I live in Colorado and my family would drive out there every year to see family, stay at the park etc. I literally have nobody to go with. None of my friends would go, and none of the girls I would consider dating would want to go. Have any of you ever gone by yourself? Is it wierd to think about this? I still have family out there but they go so often they wouldn't want to stay for more than a day. So what say you my friends? Also if you know any female Disney lovers I'd love to meet them!

I don't think that's weird at all! I've heard of lots of people making solo trips, and they all talk about how great they are. I mean, you get to do whatever YOU want, what could be better than that!

But if you don't want to go solo, we'll be there Oct. 9-14, with my single sister-in-law, 27! So that's always an option... ;)

Planning a solo trip myself for October. Got a small taste of solo touring during our last trip to WDW when rest of my family turned in early and I toured MK by myself late at night.

How weird would it be to actually "meet someone" while planning a trip like this. 27 and single, again, go on......

Hydroguy,

I am not sure why the girls I go out with don't like it. I am guessing because msot didn't go as a kid, and would rather go sit on a beach somewhere. I am not against that at all, but I love going to the park when I can. I think the girls are somewhat superficial and don't like to let the inner kid come out in them, and they find it weird that I love that stuff. Like I said, I guess I do not come off as the type who a girl would think was into that sort of thing. Who know.

303 said:
How weird would it be to actually "meet someone" while planning a trip like this. 27 and single, again, go on......

Hydroguy,

I am not sure why the girls I go out with don't like it. I am guessing because msot didn't go as a kid, and would rather go sit on a beach somewhere. I am not against that at all, but I love going to the park when I can. I think the girls are somewhat superficial and don't like to let the inner kid come out in them, and they find it weird that I love that stuff. Like I said, I guess I do not come off as the type who a girl would think was into that sort of thing. Who know.

you just havnt met the right girl. I love company and need to be in it. So I cannot imagine what it would be like to go to Disneyland by myself. I believe there are others just like you, looking for someone to share some Disney fun time together. Wish you luck!!

That would be pretty funny, but I've certainly seen relationships that began with less than a love of Disney! PM me your address if you are interested, I know my SIL is looking.... No idea if she's your type though, but you never know!

On our trip in April/May I spent a good portion of the morning by myself as Nan wanted to sleep in. Im a fast pased walker, so enjoyed being able to zip about and do what I wanted and ride all the rides that Nan didn't want to do without her having to wait for me. It was also nice to be able to stop and smell the roses every now and again! The situation definately has it's pro's and con's but like any holiday you can always work it to your advantage. Who knows! There might be another solo travelling Diser on here that you could meet up with :wizard:

I see no reason for you not to try a solo trip. Since 2009, most of my trips have been solo ones. Someday this prince will find his princess and take her there, but until that day comes, I won't miss out on one of my favorite places.

Reasons to visit Disneyland (or WDW) solo:

1. Total control over the agenda, including what time you go to the park, what time you leave the park, where you eat, what time you eat, what shows, attractions, etc. you experience.

2. Easier to find decent viewing spots for parades, fireworks, shows, etc. closer to showtime.

And I have found that between texting friends who if they don't share my love of Disney, at least appreciate it, I'm not really alone.

I've been told by my DW that I will be taking a solo trip at some point in the near future in the hopes that I will finally get to do everything I want to do and shut the heck up about DL for at least a few days.

i've been told by my dw that i will be taking a solo trip at some point in the near future in the hopes that i will finally get to do everything i want to do and shut the heck up about dl for at least a few days.

lol :)

When we were at the park in July I used an app called Mousewait to check ride wait times. I noticed that they seem to have a very active community in their "lounge", and seemed to plan meetups all the time. That may be a good way to meet some people to hang out with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter