Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoofyDiane said....
Second - This has happened twice during Aladdin shows. This theatre is full of children and people who have waited a very long time to see the show. I've behind and next to women who choose this specific time to do their breast feeding. I realize this is a natural thing, however, I can also choose to prefer it not to happen next to me.

I breastfeed my children all of the time at WDW when they were little. Depending on the age of the baby--they need to be nursed a regular intervals that are not convenient to show schedules. I cover up all of the time--and have successfully nursed with noone watching. Now if you could see her parts--then I understand your offense. But if everything was concealed and the only reason you knew her to be nursing was b/c you watched her set up for it--well then, turn away.

Sorry--just saw the lockdown warning on nursing--I will keep future comments on that topic and on smoking to myself.

Please keep this thread open!

Actually outside food/drink is not allowed. Pre-9-11 I have been stopped and refused entrance with food/drink.

They cant say anything now, because they are searching for bombs and such not food.

This is by far the best thread! Few things gross me out, so other than the cases of child abuse, I find this thread very funny. Here is my contribution, happened last summer at DisneyLand.

We were in line waiting for a ride, and right behind us was this lady, obviously European, probably Dutch or German, with her two sons, #1 about 5years old and #2 about 1.5years old.

Well after about a half hour in line, it became pretty apparent to those of us nearby that son #2 was "packing a load." The mother then kneels down and changes his diaper right on the ground in line. She then hands it to son #1 and tells him to throw it in the trash just under the ropes. Well, in his haste, he drops the diaper and as he grabs it again a "little brown ball" about the size of a large gumball rolls out on to the ground. Of course everyone standing nearby in line notices.

Just then a man comes walking briskly from the other direction, and I yell "watch out!". Too late he steps on the ball and apparently lodges it into the grooves of his sandals, because it was gone. He then stops and looks at me and says "What?". At this point, I don't know what to say. How do I tell him he just lodged a turd ball in his new sandals? So I just stood there and said nothing, until the man and his wife in front of us started laughing out loud. Then I lost it and started laughing also. I'm sure the man in sandals thought I was crazy.

LoveThoseLabbies:

EWWWWWWW!!!!!! I wonder if that man noticed that a particular smell seemed to be following him around that day. And I really hope that it was not hot outside, or that smell would have been ten times worse.

Several years ago, we were swimming in one of the quiet pools at OKW when a young European woman decided to sunbathe topless. She tried to be discreet and was sitting up facing away from the pool. She also sunbathed facing the pool, leaning up on her elbows. The men (but not their wives?) didn't seem to mind!

I wondered how long it would take for my DSs to notice (9 and 11 at the time). The younger one noticed and said later, "Did you SEE that lady?" (she was hard to miss!) I tried to explain that topless sunbathing wasn't unusual in some parts of Europe, and perhaps she wasn't familiar with the customs here. I'm sure he still remembers that swim!

Yeah this is quite an interesting thread (haven't read all of it as of yet lol). Fortunately, as many times as I have been to WDW, no shocking stories.

I was reading this while at work, so I couldn't really add my 2 cents. My shocking thing happened at Disneyland in 1995. It wasn't something I saw, but something that happened to my 4 year old nephew. I was visitng DL with my SIL, my 1 yr old niece and twin 4 yr old nephews. One of the boys was wearing a Mickey Mouse baseball cap that was a little small. As we sat down to have a snack, my SIL realized that he didn't have the hat (typical kid, he didn't realize it). So I went to retrace his steps while she sat there with the kids. I didn't find it. When I got back to the table, my SIL whispered to me that some kids at the next table had the hat. She could see them showing it to each other and laughing. So as she was telling me that, the kids got up and walked away. I followed them and asked them if the had the hat. They were about 10 years old, and they were with their mother. They lied and said they didn't have it. I didn't want to accuse them of lying, but we saw them with the hat! Their mother said "they don't have it". So she walked away with them, and they were laughing. She must have seen them with it at the table, and she didn't make them give it back to me. My SIL and I were upset for the rest of the day., and it still bothers me that some kids could do that.

Originally posted by kimmie
Easter week this year at MK:

DD and I were walking in a large crowd near Crystal Palace.

A little boy (about 4 or 5 years old) in a stroller gave my DD the *finger* as we walked past them!!

I must have looked shocked because DD said *Did you see what that little boy just did to me?* I told her to ignore him and not let it spoil her day.

That is one that will stay with me a long time.

:(

A little boy (about 4 or 5 years old) in a stroller gave my DD the *finger* as we walked past them!!

When I read this I thought this could be my son except that we went at Thanksgiving. He was four and used that finger to point. Everytime I saw him I would tell him to point with a different finger. We still talk about him sitting at the parade pointing at the characters with that finger. They probably were saying look at that little boy giving us THE finger.

This thread was wonderful! It took me a while to work my way through it, but it was worth it! I'm fairly new to DISBoards, I usually post on WISH. The only other thread I posted on was "thread killers".....so someone - please post after me. I seem to be a seasoned thread killer and this one is too good to die.

Anyway, here's my (sort of) shocking moment. My husband and I lived overseas (military) and were unable to go to DL or WDW for about 7.5 years. When we were stationed in California I RAN to DL. We had 5 days planned - no kids - in July.

When we arrived in the park, I was teary (he says blubbering) and so happy to be in Disney. We were going on Pirates first, as was our tradition when they had what they call a Brown Out. It was so hot, all the major rides shut down. It's amazing how many people were in lines, because the magic kingdom was like a parking lot. We decided to head to our hotel for a nap as the black out was four and a half hours!

We finally were heading back to the park when I turned to him and said, "Well, I guess the worst has happened, so we can enjoy the rest of the trip". Just then, a HUGE seagull gave me the best of itself right on my white shirt! It left a spot the size of a baseball! Well, the earlier blubbering was nothing! I was so disappointed, I think I had booger-bubbles. Normally, I don't cry over that sort of stuff, but I packed exceedingly light and had no spare clothing. So, after 7.5 years away from Disney, I spent the rest of the day/night at the park with people staring at the poopie on my shirt!

Not a huge shock, but it's my only shock. Thanks everyone for posting your shocks and keeping this amazing thread going!

Originally posted by Hollyann
This thread was wonderful! It took me a while to work my way through it, but it was worth it! I'm fairly new to DISBoards, I usually post on WISH. The only other thread I posted on was "thread killers".....so someone - please post after me. I seem to be a seasoned thread killer and this one is too good to die.

:p

Great thread...
I think the thing that always shocks me most is seeing parents drag their young kids around Pleasure Island at 1:30 am. The kids were obviously dead tired...but the parents wanted a night out. Maybe its just me...

I am still not through reading this whole thread, I am LOVIN' it!

The one about the 6 year old skipping ahead of her parents, and the parents stopping... th e 6yo stopped, realised her parents had stopped.... leaving her upset because she probably thought she was lost.... reminded me of our family. We are constantly telling our children to stay with us. On occasion, one or more of them will get ahead and not pay attention. We will stop, step to the side and wait for them to realize that they were going too far. We always keep them in sight, but they now remember to stay closer.

The oonly thing that shocked me was on our last trip at MK. We watched Wishes from the train platform over looking Main Street. When the fireworks were done, everyone left. We decided to watch the throngs of people leave. My kids stood at the railing and waved at the people leaving, to see how many would wave back. They were having a great time!! It was fun to see how many people said good night back, etc. After about fifteen minutes fo doing this, I hear "Your kids are bumping the railing". I look over and see this man with a camera (he wasn't there a minute ago...) setting on the railing. He's trying to get a picture of the castle changing lights. I said "sorry" rather snottishly- hey, my kids had been there first!!!!! He kept staring at us, I had told the kids to move away from the railing as soon as he'd said it. Next thing, here come two young men to look over the railing also. He glared at them also. My DH- naughty man, kind of kept tapping the railing, ever so slightly. I understand that this man needed a steady spot to take his pics, but he didn't need to be so rude, and my kids were having fun. The man had the camera sitting on the railing, but we noticed his own belly kept the camera from being still, it kept bumping the camera. So it wasn't totally the kids' fault. It still makes me mad. Sorry, if you were the man, maybe.

He did not need a steady spot...It's called a tripod. He just needed to bring what he needed instead of expecting people to move or to get his way.

We have had people tell us to move and we had only been looking at something for a minute (tigers at AK). I always say politely, I'm sorry but we will move in a minute. Thanks...Gets them everytime.

Originally posted by PhotobearSam
He did not need a steady spot...It's called a tripod. He just needed to bring what he needed instead of expecting people to move or to get his way.
I didn't think tripods were allowed...with that many people in MK, it seems like it would be a safety issue. Besides, I wouldn't want to carry a tripod around all day just so I could take a couple of pictures.
and this:
My DH- naughty man, kind of kept tapping the railing, ever so slightly.
He was probably "shocked" that someone could be so mean over a simple request. This one has bothered me since before our trip.

I saw one in Epcot this time that surprised me. A young couple must have finally crashed after going commando for a while. She was lying down on the bench using his lap as a pillow. Both were asleep. This kid, maybe 8 years old, walks up to the bench and screams "Wake up!!!" I was glad that the boy wasn't successful. His father just laughed and patted him on the shoulder. Just a few yards later, a man had his arm out pointing and the boy jumped up and hit the man's arm. The father had the same response.

We have seen all the children/babies being sunburned because of their parents ignorance, once or twice you happen to notice the guy who had to much to drink and is being ignorant to the people around him but the worst thing is when you or your kids get on a ride and the kids running the rides are busy goofing off instead of paying attention to what they are doing. Two years ago my oldest went to disneyworld with her grandma. They were getting on a ride and the operators were fooling around with each other instead of doing what they should have. My oldest has alittle bit of weight on her so she is not the fastest but while she was still getting in the seat the one operator started the ride. Needless to say it pulled my daughter (it wasnt far but it was enough to keep her and grandma in their hotel room for the last four days of their trip. Shortly afterwards disney contacted them letting them know that they were sending them a check and allowing them free admission for the next time they came. Unfortunately they have not returned and I cant get my daughter to go with this year.

It was a sad misfortune and I wish that I could take it back as we have never had problems like that before and I would love it if she came with us but it is also a little reminder that although we are all there for fun we must still take the time to notice what is going on around us.

I bring a mini tripod to WDW on every trip...It's only 7 inches tall.

It works like a charm...and I have the pics to prove it.

Originally posted by hockey mom
I have seen a cm refuse a couple getting on RnRC. They had a little guy who was almost hysterical and both parents were making him go on. When the CM stepped in and said he could not allow that child on the ride the parents got into a huge fight as to who was going to miss the ride and head out with the little guy. Pathetic!

I saw the same thing on RnRC, excpet it was a girl about 7 or 8. The mom went on anyway! I took the chicken exit with the girl (was planning on it anyway) while my DH rode and we waited for her mom together. She was aboslutely TERRIFIED that her mom was not going to come back. That is a terrible thing to do to a child.

My wife and I were recently at WDW staying at the All Star Movies Resort. Our second day there, after being in the parks all day, came home that evening to find our room cleaned but there was an empty condom wrapper on our nightstand (not ours, btw)! We couldn't believe it--thank God that we didn't have our kids with us on this trip!

We called the front desk to inform them and they sent the shift manager to our room. He was very apologetic and didn't know how a thing like that could have happened but was going to 'launch an investigation' immediately. I don't know what he is expecting to find, surely nobody is going to confess to having sex in our room.

We insisted that our bedding be changed, which they replied with immediately, and they credited us half of that nights stay. I hardly think that this was suitable compensation for finding something like that in our room--and who knows WHY such a thing got in there anyway. Is Disney renting out our rooms by the hour while we're in the parks?

Needless to say, I don't think I'll ever be staying THERE again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter