Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by llij
When we were at BB last October, my daughters were in the kiddie area riding a inner tube down a winding slide (can't remember the name at the moment). Well along comes a little tike and he decides to relieve himself in the water where the kids slide right on through. The CM was trying to get the kid to stop, but unfortunately he didn't understand him. The parents were no where in sight and the poor CM was a little exasperated trying to get him to stop! Of course, this was right before my daughter was going to slide on by.:earseek: She needed a good shower after that one! Yuck!:crazy2:

UGH - GROSS!! :scared1:

Originally posted by llij
When we were at BB last October, my daughters were in the kiddie area riding a inner tube down a winding slide (can't remember the name at the moment). Well along comes a little tike and he decides to relieve himself in the water where the kids slide right on through. The CM was trying to get the kid to stop, but unfortunately he didn't understand him. The parents were no where in sight and the poor CM was a little exasperated trying to get him to stop! Of course, this was right before my daughter was going to slide on by.:earseek: She needed a good shower after that one! Yuck!:crazy2:

Where do you think this kid got the idea that it was ok to do this? Some people really need to take a Parenting 101 course before having kids.

Originally posted by lfontaine
Where do you think this kid got the idea that it was ok to do this? Some people really need to take a Parenting 101 course before having kids.

OK, confession time. I posted this on another thread. I am ready to take my punishment but no Parenting class please. My 5 kids are almost grown now and only have 2 left in the house, a 16 and a 17 year old. I'm also a teacher and should know better. I never even let my kids pee outside in the woods. But I deserve to be flamed for this and will accept my fate.

Anyway onto my story which is almost the same as the previous story:

I was at a water park (not Disney.) My twins wanted to go down the small water slide. They were 3 years old boy/girl twins. First the boy went down and, after he got to the bottom of the slide, he told me he needed to go to the bathroom really badly. His twin sister was at the top of the slide waiting to come down. I was at the bottom waiting to catch her so I couldn't leave. Without thinking, I just said, "Pee in the pool if you just can't wait." (I know it was wrong but I was kind of in a bind.)

I catch his sister and prepare to take them both to the bathroom when I see everyone staring at the side of the pool. There was my son standing out of the pool with his trunks down. He was standing up and urinating into the pool like it was a great, big toilet.

I know I deserve to be chastized for even suggesting that my son urinate in the water and I am willing to take my licks. Needless to say, I never suggested that again. (My son did turn out OK. He's 24 and has just completed his Masters degree.)

Originally posted by phamton
OK, confession time. I posted this on another thread. I am ready to take my punishment but no Parenting class please. My 5 kids are almost grown now and only have 2 left in the house, a 16 and a 17 year old. I'm also a teacher and should know better. I never even let my kids pee outside in the woods. But I deserve to be flamed for this and will accept my fate.

Anyway onto my story which is almost the same as the previous story:

I was at a water park (not Disney.) My twins wanted to go down the small water slide. They were 3 years old boy/girl twins. First the boy went down and, after he got to the bottom of the slide, he told me he needed to go to the bathroom really badly. His twin sister was at the top of the slide waiting to come down. I was at the bottom waiting to catch her so I couldn't leave. Without thinking, I just said, "Pee in the pool if you just can't wait." (I know it was wrong but I was kind of in a bind.)

I catch his sister and prepare to take them both to the bathroom when I see everyone staring at the side of the pool. There was my son standing out of the pool with his trunks down. He was standing up and urinating into the pool like it was a great, big toilet.

I know I deserve to be chastized for even suggesting that my son urinate in the water and I am willing to take my licks. Needless to say, I never suggested that again. (My son did turn out OK. He's 24 and has just completed his Masters degree.)

Ok, we'll all do this like they do it at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.....

Shame, shame, shame...... (with pointed fingers and all) :laughing:

We'll forgive you but I hope he doesn't do this anymore. At 24, there would be bigger problems if he did.

On my last visit, there was a couple in front of me on line to get into MK. They had a child with them (about 6 yrs old). They tried to sneak him under the turnstiles. Meanwhile there were at least 6 CM's watching this.

When the CM's stopped them, they only had 2 tickets. They said thats ALL they were given at the hotel. The Hotel clerk told them that they didn't need a ticket for children under 12.

I couldn't believe how stupid they were to think that others would buy that story.

Nevertheless, later that night we were going into Epcot...and low & behold there were the same couple trying to sneak their child in at Epcot, giving the same story!!!!!

I had to tell the CM that I saw them earlier that day @ MK.

I really felt bad for their son.

Hi:earsgirl:

We were at the World 2 weeks ago and i had an amusing incident at BB. My DH had taken the kids to ride the waterslides while I was relaxing on a lounge chair, reading and people-watching. Well, I guess I should have chosen a more interesting book, because I saw an entire family changing out of their swimsuits right in front of me:earseek: I have heard this is a common practice in some countries, but it was a first for me. Once I realized what was happening, I did try to concentrate on not looking in their direction. I guess you could say it was more of a comical than a shocking incident.:teeth:

All I can say is "wow, what an entertaining thread". Unfortunately the rudeness at WDW seems to be getting worse. I always wonder when I witness these things if these people behave this way in public, what are they like behind closed doors. We witnessed an entire family change out of their bathing suits into street clothes at TL. A few years ago while waiting to see Honey I Shrunk The Audience, a "spanish speaking woman" walked up to my son and physically picked him up and moved him to the side so her and the rest of her "spanish speaking mob" could push their way past everyone that was already standing in line. I was so shocked I couldn't believe that some stranger would put their hands on my child. I obviously said something to her but of course she ignored me like she didn't understand English. I also get very grossed out watching people walk around in their bare feet. Can you imagine doing that after reading this thread and thinking about what is actually on the ground? Yuck!!!:(

Well, we're just back from a great 4th of July trip, and now I have a shock to share!

We had just done the Safari in AK. Someone in my party had to use the restrooms after the ride, so I know that there were restrooms near by. We start to walk the Pangani Trail, and near the begining of the trail, I was shocked to see a mother holding her young daughter over the edge of the trail with her pants around her ankles (the daughter's, not the mother's), peeing!

My wife was right behind me and saw it too and said 'Are you kidding me?'

We just kind of stood there in bewilderment. I thought they must have been foreigners, but I later heard them speaking English.

I just can't believe anyone would do this, especially with a bathroom right around the corner.

grim pirate:

OMG!!! This last post reminded me of another incident, this too happened at BB . My family and I were floating along the lazy river when this woman yelled back to her family, "watch out, warm water's coming!" Ewwwww! How totally gross!:mad: What is wrong with some people?:confused:

Originally posted by grimgrinnin
Well, we're just back from a great 4th of July trip, and now I have a shock to share!

We had just done the Safari in AK. Someone in my party had to use the restrooms after the ride, so I know that there were restrooms near by. We start to walk the Pangani Trail, and near the begining of the trail, I was shocked to see a mother holding her young daughter over the edge of the trail with her pants around her ankles (the daughter's, not the mother's), peeing!

My wife was right behind me and saw it too and said 'Are you kidding me?'

We just kind of stood there in bewilderment. I thought they must have been foreigners, but I later heard them speaking English.

I just can't believe anyone would do this, especially with a bathroom right around the corner.

grim pirate:

maybe they didn't know where the bathroom was & the kid HAD to go or wet herself...this one seems like a benefit of the doubt situation. It is all wooded...no sightlines to a bathroom, etc...

About five years ago, my DH, DD6 and myself took my in-laws on their first trip to Disney. We were in Epcot, seated in the Honey I Shrunk the Audience auditorium in front of a group of about ten kids (late teens or early twenties). I can't remember how it began, but there was a lot of cussing from the group and then someone started talking aout my DH and his baseball cap (he was a Marine and always wears his hats low, so it wasn't like it was blocking anyones view). My DH and I both turned at different times to try and give them warning looks, just in case they were not aware that their expletives were in others ear shots. This only made it worse, as their "mouthing off" only got worse. I then got up to tell a CM, who followed me back and instructed them to stop or they would have to leave. As soon as the CM left, they mocked me for going "to tell". Needless to say, they ruined our ride. After exiting, the group continued to hassle us by following us. We quickly headed to the steak house in Canada, where we lost them (or either they decided their "fun" wasn't worth paying for an expensive lunch). Looking back at it now, I should have found another CM or supervisor to report this to.

Wow.... nothing as dramatic as some of your stories !!

I guess the main thing is what people wear. It amazes me to see toddlers walkind around in diapers ONLY.... and women walking around half naked. (okay, I KNOW it is Florida, and I know it is HOT.... but cover yourself up, okay ??? :earseek: )

Some people just need a mirror !!! But then again, some people just don't care what they look like either.

Guess it is the little things that amaze me ........

When DH and I went to Donald's Breakfestsaurs at AK to eat at the character breakfest. The CM let us know before hand that it would be about a twenty minute wait to be seated and about an hour to meet the characters. Well, we were seated next to this family with twin daughters and the dad was throwing a fit because they were there for an hour and haven't met all of the characters. When Mickey came near us, the CM let them know that Mickey needed a water break, and the dad threw a huge fit about how it's been an hour and not met all of the characters yet. Well, they let Mickey wait on his waterbreak while waiting on this jerk and his family and when Mickey came to us I let the CM know that Mickey could have his waterbreak if he liked, but they let Mickey finish his round with our area before he could have a break.

Sorry buddy, but Disney doesn't revolved around your schedual.

I would have to say the clothing issue (or lack thereof) is getting out of hand. We saw a woman in her early forties wearing the shortest shorts I have EVER seen!! She had to pull them out of her butt every other step. I find it hard to believe she had any fun tugging at her shorts the whole day.

:o

Originally posted by Badger Brent
I would have to say the clothing issue (or lack thereof) is getting out of hand. We saw a woman in her early forties wearing the shortest shorts I have EVER seen!! She had to pull them out of her butt every other step. I find it hard to believe she had any fun tugging at her shorts the whole day.

LOL - some people THINK they can still fit into the clothes they wore in high school or they just don't want to spend a buck!! Little do they know that they look absolutely ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MELSMICE
LOL - some people THINK they can still fit into the clothes they wore in high school or they just don't want to spend a buck!! Little do they know that they look absolutely ridiculous! :rolleyes:

No, what is really sad is that she probably bought them just for the trip. :crazy:

I would have to say the clothing issue (or lack thereof) is getting out of hand.

You're not kidding! I saw a woman with teenage kids wearing teeny little shorts that said "sexy" on the butt. Yeah, that's the first thing that comes to my mind to wear to see Mickey Mouse with my kids!

You're not kidding! I saw a woman with teenage kids wearing teeny little shorts that said "sexy" on the butt.
I also saw a mom with three girls, one about 13 wearing high heals, and one who looked maybe 9, wearing short shorts, high heals, and a really short shirt. It is sad that a mother would let her daughters wear (or not wear, lol) stuff like that at all, let alone outside of the house!
Sorry, I know it's getting off topic but I couldn't resist the revealing-clothing-on-young-girls issue.

i think the most shocking thing i saw was the number of preteen and early teen kids late at night without their parents. my kids are older ( 20s) but i never would have let them go to someplace like the west side or dtd alone at that age, especially at night. it's disney but anyone can come to those places. many of those kids were so out of control also, not like they were mature for their ages. not to be obscene but one young couple in a group of kids ( heard the girl say something about her recent 14th birthday) had their hands inside the each other's pants while waiting for the bus to dtd at the GF( i'll leave the rest to your imagination). they were also really loud and obnoxious to the bus drivers and people around them. the CMs saw it too but either didn't care or were afraid to say anything ( not that i'd blame them) guess they probably run loose like that at home too but what a shame.

Originally posted by jann1033
i think the most shocking thing i saw was the number of preteen and early teen kids late at night without their parents. my kids are older ( 20s) but i never would have let them go to someplace like the west side or dtd alone at that age, especially at night.

It could have been a school or some kind of field trip & the kids were left unsupervised for awhile & given a meeting place & time. Regardless, even if this was the case, it's no excuse for the type of behavior you described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter