Have you ever complained to Disney and actually had a happy outcome??

We had bad housekeeping at YC one year. When I got home I wrote a letter and received a call from a manager. they asked many questions and said that they had received complaints on this CM before and would be doing changes. They offered compensation but I refused.

Another trip to AKL there was a mix up in the connecting rooms we requested. I was very polite and talked comply but did not let them get away with "we have nothing else" After talking to the manager in charge of reservations and then their manager things were fixed the next day. We were giving a breakfest and dinner comps. That manager also called us several days during our visit to be sure things were ok and e-mailed several weeks later to be sure our visit was satisfactory.

I learned to be insistant and be sure to move up the ladder until you get satisfaction.

I was and am upset about the pool closure at POFQ during my upcoming trip. I called to try and change resorts, but nothing was available. The CM said that she would let me talk to someone else. She said that sometimes they have rooms set aside for instances like this. The next person I talked to also said that I could not switch because nothing was available at Values or Mods.
She did say she would have $100 Disney dollars waiting on me when I checked in. I was ok with that until I got a letter two days ago informing me of the closure. A friend who will be staying at POR got the same letter one month ago. I am wondering why she got hers before me? I am the one affected by the pool closure not her. I am upset because I did have a room at AMov and then in Dec switched to POFQ for the nicer pool. I am only paying $400 more. Now I feel I am paying $400 more for no pool. I would be happy if they took off the $400 extra. Where would I email a complaint or send a complaint about this?

After writing a letter of complaint regarding the room cleanliness at BC.We recieved a free night at BC/YC and 4 -1 day park hopper tickets.The nice lady also told me if any discounts came up she would call.I called to ask a month back and long behold I got 40 percent off our room rate.

Since you have not traveled yet I would call guest relations..call 1-407-W-DISNEY and when a CM answers ask to speak with guest relations. They may be able to help you before you travel...good luck! ;)

When you made your complaint to the front desk, what exactly did you complain about? The smell or the darkness of the room? Was it just the room decor that was dark, or were some lights not working? I'm just trying to figure out what they could have done to rectify your problem if the resort was full and they truly couldn't move you to a different room. I'm thinking they could have at least shampooed the carpet again and turned some blowers on it so that it would dry, but I'm not sure what they could do if it was just the decor of the room that you thought seemed dark.

It seems that a lot of people have received comps for problems with their stays...although it appears that Disney was a lot more frugal in the past with these comps. Unfortunately things happen, pools close for rehab, rooms break, there are bad employees or guests that make mistakes and create an unpleasant experience, but keep in mind, nothing is free. For every comp that Disney makes, they make it up elsewhere....which is why things seem so expensive. I think if you truly have a problem and Disney finds out that it was their fault, they will try to help you out, but they can't comp every guest for every minor inconvenience. It reminds me of the threads on the new DDP, where everyone feels that they should be given apps and have their tips reimbursed, because they didn't realize it changed.

Last week I posted a thread in the DVC section about BWV. I'm curious as to what your issues were with BW that needed extermination. Our problem was roaches in room 2013. We received a credit of $325 for just a one night stay, when we expected nothing but someone to listen to our concerns. We found the manager more than sympathetic and eager to make our stay better.

We had major ant problems. There were litterally 100's of ants crawling on the chair rail of our room the first morning of our 2 nt stay. Yuck! I called housekeeping immediately and then the front desk to tell them the problem and ask for a different room. My major gripe with BWI was the attitude I received. Front desk said no rooms available bring your bags to bell cap and leave them till later. No offer to send someone up. Oh well. I was told to return to front desk later for new room keys. Came back at 3pm (with a sick 14 year old.) and was told room not ready yet, call back later. When I told the CM very nicely that we really needed to be in a room, she very unhappily called and found us a room (MAJOR attitude). Not a magical stay for us at all. No one cared. When I later found out from the woman at the executive office that they had no idea what my complaint was because no work order had been issued for the ant problem in our room, it grossed me out.

Absolutely:thumbsup2 A couple years ago we noticed the buses running inordinately slow for one of the parks (can't remember which one) from the ASMovies. We politely went into the CM desk and gave them the time, park name, etc. They contacted the bus center immediately and got things back on track. they thanked us for letting them know:hug:

When you made your complaint to the front desk, what exactly did you complain about? The smell or the darkness of the room? Was it just the room decor that was dark, or were some lights not working? I'm just trying to figure out what they could have done to rectify your problem if the resort was full and they truly couldn't move you to a different room. I'm thinking they could have at least shampooed the carpet again and turned some blowers on it so that it would dry, but I'm not sure what they could do if it was just the decor of the room that you thought seemed dark.

What to you think I complained about..a dark room?? NO..I complained that my room stunk of stale smoke and the carpet was wet..the room being dark just added emphazised the gross feel and smell...I didn't want them to shampoo the rugs again..then they would have stayed wet for my entire trip...

What to you think I complained about..a dark room?? NO..I complained that my room stunk of stale smoke and the carpet was wet..the room being dark just added emphazised the gross feel and smell...I didn't want them to shampoo the rugs again..then they would have stayed wet for my entire trip...

Well, I didn't know what exactly you complained about. That is why I asked.:rolleyes: There was no need to be snarky, thanks.

So, if the resort was full, and they couldn't make you happy in the room you had, what did you expect them to do? :confused3 You said you wouldn't switch resorts. How did you expect them to help you? It sounds like you tied their hands, and then complained when they couldn't do anything.

I didn't mean to be so confrontational but it was a very unpleasant experience..like I stated before I bought a product..for a lot of money..and they were unable produce a well maintained room...My Disney experience was compromised..so I do not understand why some posters feel that people shouldn't complain to Disney..It is quite fascinating...why should I have to move to another hotel..away from our travel mates and compromise my vacation anymore then it was?? I let it go and did what I could to rectify the situation..my vacation is over and I feel Disney should know and here my concerns....I missed some of my vacation dealing with this issue..why shouldn't I be compensated with even an acknowledgement??

To answer your original question, yes I have gotten results. I sent an email detailing exactly what happened, including as precise of date and name information as I could put together, to the Executive offices at WDW. I approached it from a standpoint of how it affected me and I am sure they didn't want any other guests to have this experience and left emotion out of it as much as possible.

I received a call from the Exec Offices a couple months later explaining in detail what they had done to follow up and when we arrived at our hotel, our room was upgraded and there was a nice basket in the room with a note that said something along the lines of "Thanks for sticking with us and giving us a chance to make things better" which really was the icing on the cake. I think they are great at making up for the occasional time someone screws up.

And yes people, even WDW CMs screw up. And I agree with your point that when you spend $6K on a family trip it should be a great experience and not include a smoked-in room. Heck, last week when I Pricelined a room for $50 I got there and it clearly had been smoked in and I refused to sleep in it. They were HUGELY apologetic and changed us right away. And that was in a $50 room! Bottom line, it shouldn't have happened (not just the room, but the service afterward) and I would guess that they would want to follow up your situation at a high level.

Yes. We had some problems during our last stay. I sent a detailed email to them explaining everything. I had absolutely no expectations of receiving anything, I just felt that I needed to share with them some things that really made our very important family vacation less magical. :sad2: Within a few weeks we received an email then a phone call from a very lovely cm offering an apology and 2 nights comp at a mod. They were very understanding, kind and generous. :)

would really like to see a positive outcome for you:)
THere are some Disney guests who do complain abt anything miniscule....to get something in return.

YOu are not....you Poly stay was not magical...I think a credit of some sort for your next stay would be adequate...dont you? Again, good luck!

A question for those of you above who have said you wrote a letter to the executive offices of WDW....would you share that address please? I have seen an address for guest communications; is that it?

There is NO reason for wet carpet. Again..especially in the Polynesian, which is KNOWN for having issues with mold. I'd even go so far as to think this could be an issue for the health department. A wet carpet..that's just nasty. People could easily slip..then what? My dad is disabled, what if he had a room like that..he would fall while transfering if the carpet were wet. They had no idea of who might be occupying the room. If the carpet was wet..it shouldn't have been given to ANY guest until it was dry. It's been my experience that managment keeps a certain number of rooms available for emergency situations. We have changed resorts mid vacation, and the manager was able to secure us a room when Central reservations insisted the resort was full. Although this wasn't at the Poly. We've stayed Poly twice and once had a room that smelled horribly of cigar smoke, we didn't so much as put our luggage down, before we called and went immediately back to the front desk and asked for another room. It worked out fine. We had a room looking out at the marina area. I think the OP deserves some type of restitution, and at the very least an acknowlegement that an error was made, and perhaps a night or two on Disney. Only...I wouldn't hold my breath. It seems Disney customer service isn't what it used to be.

We had an issue in the past at allstarsports when housekeeping was cleaning they sprayed some cleaner on the table, which my sweatshirt was folded accross the chair and the cleaner must of had some bleach in it since it bleached my sweatshirt. So we went to the front desk and they apologized and asked how much it would cost to replace it and they took that much off our bill. I was actually suprised.

I didn't mean to be so confrontational but it was a very unpleasant experience..like I stated before I bought a product..for a lot of money..and they were unable produce a well maintained room...My Disney experience was compromised..so I do not understand why some posters feel that people shouldn't complain to Disney..It is quite fascinating...why should I have to move to another hotel..away from our travel mates and compromise my vacation anymore then it was?? I let it go and did what I could to rectify the situation..my vacation is over and I feel Disney should know and here my concerns....I missed some of my vacation dealing with this issue..why shouldn't I be compensated with even an acknowledgement??

I don't think anyone disagrees that you shouldn't voice your complaint with Disney if you felt your stay wasn't right...but I also think people are trying to understand exactly what wasn't right (you major complaint) and what you fell they could have/or can do now to make it right.

Unfortunately, when you post in this public forum, there are going to be people that see things both ways. A lot of people who have worked in the Service Industry have dealt with people that have a minor complaint and try to make it major (i.e. wet carpets equal free hotel for a week, free park tickets and DDP included). I am not saying you are one of those people...but other posters will want to know details about exactly what was said, when, to whom and than make their judgements about if Disney acted appropriately.

Unfortunately, as was said, if there were no other rooms (say holiday times when Disney does run near full capacity at all resorts and at capacity at the most popular) moving you was not an option the first night. If you didn't voice your concern to management during the stay, than it is hard to say the manager dropped the ball, or if you just mentioned the inconvenience in passing (as one of your post suggested) after the first day, the CM's wouldn't know the complexity of the issues involved. Or if they offered to move you, but to a lower grade room, from your free upgrade room, but that wasn't accepatable than to you, that will change peoples opinions.

I hate to see anyone have a bad experience, but sometimes it happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If Disney still hasn't acknowledged your complaint, than that is unacceptable.....but if you are looking for compensation, what exactly are you looking for?

I don't think anyone disagrees that you shouldn't voice your complaint with Disney if you felt your stay wasn't right...but I also think people are trying to understand exactly what wasn't right (you major complaint) and what you fell they could have/or can do now to make it right.

Unfortunately, when you post in this public forum, there are going to be people that see things both ways. A lot of people who have worked in the Service Industry have dealt with people that have a minor complaint and try to make it major (i.e. wet carpets equal free hotel for a week, free park tickets and DDP included). I am not saying you are one of those people...but other posters will want to know details about exactly what was said, when, to whom and than make their judgements about if Disney acted appropriately.

Unfortunately, as was said, if there were no other rooms (say holiday times when Disney does run near full capacity at all resorts and at capacity at the most popular) moving you was not an option the first night. If you didn't voice your concern to management during the stay, than it is hard to say the manager dropped the ball, or if you just mentioned the inconvenience in passing (as one of your post suggested) after the first day, the CM's wouldn't know the complexity of the issues involved. Or if they offered to move you, but to a lower grade room, from your free upgrade room, but that wasn't accepatable than to you, that will change peoples opinions.

I hate to see anyone have a bad experience, but sometimes it happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If Disney still hasn't acknowledged your complaint, than that is unacceptable.....but if you are looking for compensation, what exactly are you looking for?

I really have no clue as to what point you are trying to make. I am not going to entertain you with a response to your post...my posts are easy to read and very straight forward...if you do not understand what I was upset about then move on to another thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter