Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

We just returned and I was checking my MM shots and found a magic shot that I had not read about. It took me by surprise. It was a Mike Wazoswki photo bomb in from of Spaceship Earth. It wasn't the Monsters U one but just the to half of his head poking up from the bottom of the photo. The photographer did it without telling us.

Those animated ones, it uses the same poses as normal magic shot. I got one for Lumiere, but I also got a still magic shot with the same pose same place. Is it all depends on the person who put the "magic" into our photos?? I took many magic shot and the only animated one I got was the Lumiere one in MK near SDMT....

There aren't animated versions of every magic shot. The mike one, the lumiere one, Olaf, and pascal are. There are regular versions of mike and pascal, the one from last summer is the not animated version.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love this thread, it's great to get solid information from someone who is in the trenches, so to speak.

I'm only up to page 19 so far, so if these have been answered already I apologize. I'm a geek, so I guess my questions are more about the how and why of things.

1) Do you have to take the camera or storage to a base station or computer somewhere to upload the photos, or are they uploaded wirelessly?

2) When taking magic photos, is the artwork inserted at the camera/at the time the photo is taken, or by someone in a backstage processing area after the photos are uploaded? By the way you said you have to 'tag' the photos, i assume you are just marking them for someone to add the artwork later?

3) You've mentioned a couple of times that certain shots are only approved to be taken in certain areas. Why is that? (What is the thought behind a specific graphic overlay being ok to use in some settings and not others?)

4) Are the magic shots that are only available during Halloween limited to just during MNSSHP, or are they also available during the normal park hours in october?

Thanks!

OK, yet another question (hoping to not steal away from the Magic shot questions--they are awesome!)

Complete Topic Switch. I asked on another board this question and there was a really good Response and then follow-up question.

For those of us going at Christmas :santa:and checking out the awesome Hotel decorations: are there Disney photographers (PP) at the Hotels to take pics?

The response was: yes, there are.

HOWEVER questions surfaced:

a) Where are the photographers (only the Deluxes, all the Deluxes, particular hotels)?

b) Do they only have a specific Location they cover (only the tree, only the entry way, never the gingerbread house)?

c) Are there specific times of day where they are present? (morning, afternoon, evenings, all day, it's a crap-shoot and luck of the draw)?

d) As a photographer--is there a "best time to show up" to get maybe more than just a snapshot in front of the tree?

And yes, I am wondering because of Memory maker and maybe getting a few nice shots outside of the park with someone who does not do "photoshoots". :thumbsup2

Something new was in my memory maker from my late August trip.

Two magic shots (pictures) were made to video shots.

MK near Beasts castle Lumiere lights up, blows out in the wind and lights up again. (our magic shot is my daughters hand out holding Lumiere)

Epcot in front of Earth a family pic has Mike from Monsters inc jumping in and out of the pic. (our magic shot has him peaking at the bottom of the picture)

Something new was in my memory maker from my late August trip. Two magic shots (pictures) were made to video shots. MK near Beasts castle Lumiere lights up, blows out in the wind and lights up again. (our magic shot is my daughters hand out holding Lumiere) Epcot in front of Earth a family pic has Mike from Monsters inc jumping in and out of the pic. (our magic shot has him peaking at the bottom of the picture)

Do you mean newly added after a couple of days where the magic shots has appeared? I would love to get the Mike one and I got a couple of shots before Spaceship earth wondering if I could request for that??

Very Basic Questions....

Originally we dismissed the Memory Maker at $149 but now that I'm looking closer, I have a few questions with terms that I've read here.

1. What's the difference between Memory Maker, PhotoPass and Magic Shots?
  2. What exactly does $149 get you? Is it just the digital photos, or is it also any printing of the pictures?

Am torn if we want to get it. One the one side, it seems like a perfect way to capture the entire trip (which is a one time trip for us)....esp as we won't be lugging cameras around. On the other side, I can see it being obsessive where we feel like we have to keep finding photographers to make it worthwhile (and I can see my DS9 getting tired of getting his picture taken quite quickly)

1. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service, Memory Maker is a product that gets you all of your PhotoPass pictures for $149, and magic shots are when characters are added to the picture. You can see examples of magic shots here:

http://capturingmagic.me/photopass-magic-shots

2. $149 gets you all of the pictures taken by PhotoPass photographers (at meet and greets as well as at certain photo spots around the parks), all ride photos and all photos taken at dining locations that offer them. (Generally character meals, although usually they're taken in front of a backdrop outside the restaurant, not with the characters in the restaurant.) You only get the digital downloads. You would have to copy the pictures to a USB drive and take them to a place like Walgreens or Target to have prints made (you get a release allowing you to do this).

Especially if this is a one-time trip for you, I wouldn't go without a camera even if you do get Memory Maker, as there are so many things to take pictures of where there aren't going to be PhotoPass photographers.

1. PhotoPass is the photo-taking service, Memory Maker is a product that gets you all of your PhotoPass pictures for $149, and magic shots are when characters are added to the picture. You can see examples of magic shots here:

http://capturingmagic.me/photopass-magic-shots

2. $149 gets you all of the pictures taken by PhotoPass photographers (at meet and greets as well as at certain photo spots around the parks), all ride photos and all photos taken at dining locations that offer them. (Generally character meals, although usually they're taken in front of a backdrop outside the restaurant, not with the characters in the restaurant.) You only get the digital downloads. You would have to copy the pictures to a USB drive and take them to a place like Walgreens or Target to have prints made (you get a release allowing you to do this).

Especially if this is a one-time trip for you, I wouldn't go without a camera even if you do get Memory Maker, as there are so many things to take pictures of where there aren't going to be PhotoPass photographers.

Thanks so much for explaining. Even if we got the Memory Maker, we'd still have our phone cameras.

For magic shots, I guess you have to request these when taking the pictures?

For magic shots, I guess you have to request these when taking the pictures?

No, because not all photographers can do them. Some are only available in certain locations, and my understanding is that photographers with tripods can't do them. What you can do is ask if they have any magic shots they can do. Usually though, I don't think you even have to ask; they'll just have you pose in a certain way.

Something new was in my memory maker from my late August trip. Two magic shots (pictures) were made to video shots. MK near Beasts castle Lumiere lights up, blows out in the wind and lights up again. (our magic shot is my daughters hand out holding Lumiere) Epcot in front of Earth a family pic has Mike from Monsters inc jumping in and out of the pic. (our magic shot has him peaking at the bottom of the picture)

Uggg....still cant figure out how to see the video...does it just come up with a play button. It is so weird cause I can see the ToT ride video with no problem.

Very Basic Questions....

Originally we dismissed the Memory Maker at $149 but now that I'm looking closer, I have a few questions with terms that I've read here.

[*]What's the difference between Memory Maker, PhotoPass and Magic Shots?
[*]What exactly does $149 get you? Is it just the digital photos, or is it also any printing of the pictures?

Am torn if we want to get it. One the one side, it seems like a perfect way to capture the entire trip (which is a one time trip for us)....esp as we won't be lugging cameras around. On the other side, I can see it being obsessive where we feel like we have to keep finding photographers to make it worthwhile (and I can see my DS9 getting tired of getting his picture taken quite quickly)

If its a one time trip it is so worth it. Just came back from a ten night stay. Without editing or customizing any of our photos we had 169 pictures. They include: ride photos(tons), dining photos (1900 PF and CM), park photos although I did not do one in the MK this time always too hot when I thought of it. Also certain character interactions which by far are my faves. They take photos as the kids are meeting then posing which is great

We also went to DTD one night that extended family was up visiting and they were able to take a group photo (actually 27 to be exact) at the photopass location which was so awesome and one of those photos will become the decoration on my 2014 coffee mug.

I highly recommend MM.

If its a one time trip it is so worth it. Just came back from a ten night stay. Without editing or customizing any of our photos we had 169 pictures. They include: ride photos(tons), dining photos (1900 PF and CM), park photos although I did not do one in the MK this time always too hot when I thought of it. Also certain character interactions which by far are my faves. They take photos as the kids are meeting then posing which is great

We also went to DTD one night that extended family was up visiting and they were able to take a group photo (actually 27 to be exact) at the photopass location which was so awesome and one of those photos will become the decoration on my 2014 coffee mug.

I highly recommend MM.

Really appreciate the comments as I'm so on the fence. But it does seem pretty good. (At the same time, all these add ons...MNSSHP, BBB, etc).
We do have our last breakfast at CM so that's good to hear they capture that one.

We only have 4 full park days (plus a few hours on arrival day) so also why I'm hesitating. And...I know our DS9 will give us a hard time as he's hard to get pictures of to begin with.

For the rides, do they automatically link to your MB, or do you need to request to capture a picture?

The rides are specific ones (Space, Splash, Buzz, etc...) and they link to your magic band automatically. Also, if you are meeting characters, it is worth it in my opinion. Many characters have photopass people with them, and like the PP said, they are able to capture some of the interaction besides just the "posed" shot.
We have done this on our last 2 trips and would up with over 200 pictures easily. We did not feel like we "had " to stop at every photographer- we did ones we thought we would like and enjoyed not having to drag a camera all over the parks or wonder which one of us would miss out on being in a picture.

Really appreciate the comments as I'm so on the fence. But it does seem pretty good. (At the same time, all these add ons...MNSSHP, BBB, etc). We do have our last breakfast at CM so that's good to hear they capture that one. We only have 4 full park days (plus a few hours on arrival day) so also why I'm hesitating. And...I know our DS9 will give us a hard time as he's hard to get pictures of to begin with. For the rides, do they automatically link to your MB, or do you need to request to capture a picture?

I only have 4 park days plus the Villain Unleashed event in my Aug trip and I found 429 photos in my account when I return. There are a lot of photos opportunity even for me going alone. Plus there are a lot of frame to add on once you start working on your photos. So I guess it is really worth the money getting it.

As for rides photo, it automatically linked to your account once you have ridden it. But do check it every night to make sure they appears.

We love doing to the early morning character breakfast in the parks. Last year we were the first visitors in the gate at animal kingdom going to tusker house. We were disappointed not to see any photo pass photographer out at the early hours. Next year we are going to do the same at crystal palace. Will there be any photographers out or are we going a little too early?

If you get online and check your photos each night does that start your 30 days? I want to make sire I have time to edit them all before I download and if I start on my trip I will never have enough time when I get home. Thanks!

We love doing to the early morning character breakfast in the parks. Last year we were the first visitors in the gate at animal kingdom going to tusker house. We were disappointed not to see any photo pass photographer out at the early hours. Next year we are going to do the same at crystal palace. Will there be any photographers out or are we going a little too early?

Yes. In the MK there will be Photopass photographers all the way up Main Street up to the Partners Statue. They are usually very available since there is no one else around. We had someone check us in at Crystal Palace while we got a bunch of shots with the kids, including magic shots.

I only have 4 park days plus the Villain Unleashed event in my Aug trip and I found 429 photos in my account when I return.

Wow...429 photos with 4 park days. I just can't see our kids posing for those those. :rolleyes1

The rides are specific ones (Space, Splash, Buzz, etc...) and they link to your magic band automatically. Also, if you are meeting characters, it is worth it in my opinion. Many characters have photopass people with them, and like the PP said, they are able to capture some of the interaction besides just the "posed" shot.
We have done this on our last 2 trips and would up with over 200 pictures easily. We did not feel like we "had " to stop at every photographer- we did ones we thought we would like and enjoyed not having to drag a camera all over the parks or wonder which one of us would miss out on being in a picture.

We're probably riding the typical ones, but not the very scary ones. So DS and DH are riding Splash, we're all riding BTMR, Buzz, 7DMT, but no one is riding Space Mountain or Tower or Terror or Rock n Roll Roller coaster. Very cool how the rides link automatically. Is a list posted somewhere of the rides that are included?

For characters, we only have A&E booked at the moment since the other ones will be with our meals (CRT, Akershus and Chef Mickeys).

If you get online and check your photos each night does that start your 30 days? I want to make sire I have time to edit them all before I download and if I start on my trip I will never have enough time when I get home. Thanks!

No. You actually have to start downloading the photos, not just viewing them.

Rides wih photos:

Space splash buzz
Tower rock n roller
Test teack
Dinosaur Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter