Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

So my MM is showing with a confirmation number on the Itinerary page of my MDE - I order MM over the phone and received a confirmation page with my package and MM on it so I assume that is already linked and I don't need to do anything to get ride photos and other photos I just ride the rides without stoping by the photo booth after, correct?

For the OP and others who have had impressively nice photos, I was wondering if there are any tips for getting dressed that don't compromise park-trekking comfort but still help photos to turn out just *that* much nicer? We very rarely have family photos done, and I'd love for some of our photos to be nice enough for the "nice displays" in our house.

If anyone has a tip they learned from experience to add, I'd love to see any photos from your trip, too! I'm a visual learner. Thanks in advance! <3
One tip that photographers give is to wear solid color shirts, making sure that they don't clash with the others in the party.

So my MM is showing with a confirmation number on the Itinerary page of my MDE - I order MM over the phone and received a confirmation page with my package and MM on it so I assume that is already linked and I don't need to do anything to get ride photos and other photos I just ride the rides without stoping by the photo booth after, correct?
I think it should be linked fine...I never paid attention to if it was on the Itinerary page, but it should definitely be under the Reservations and Tickets page (at the bottom) if it is linked.
As long as you are wearing your Magic Band you do NOT need to do anything else to get the ride photos, they will be automatically linked on the rides.
Other photos they will just scan your band after taking the pictures (like for dining and pics around the park).

We are doing the Wine and Dine half but will also be down for Marathon week-end. The dates are 11/7-11/11 and 01/06-01/12. Can I use the same Memory Maker for both trips?

Thanks in advance

Is there any chance of there ever being a MM package for APs? I go several times a year and would love to have MM for every trip, but don't want to spend $150 every time. I wish they had a package for APs that would run the length of the AP and expire the same time the AP expired. I would definitely buy it!! I will have made 5 trips this year (most were long weekends), and I just don't want to spend that kind of money for a long weekend vs. a week-long trip. But if they had a MM package that worked like Tables in Wonderland, I would be willing to invest in that. Is there any way to suggest this to Disney?

We are doing the Wine and Dine half but will also be down for Marathon week-end. The dates are 11/7-11/11 and 01/06-01/12. Can I use the same Memory Maker for both trips?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to, but you won't be able to start downloading your first set of pictures until just before you leave for your second trip and you will have to have your downloads complete just a few days after you return from your second trip.

MM entitles you to 30 days of downloads. after you download your first picture, you have 30 days to take more pictures, make edits, and finish your downloads. Photos are good in your account for 45 days from the day they were taken. So the pictures from your first trip will expire just before Christmas. If you wait to start downloading until Christmas week (around the 21), you would still have until the third week of January (MLk weekend, one week after your trip) to finish making edits to your second set of pictures and complete your downloads. The first set of pictures will expire before your trip, so make sure you have any that you want downloaded prior to the second trip so you don't lose them.

*****Make sure you check your dates prior to doing this- I know it will work because we had. 2 trips over the span of 7 weeks during the summer, but I don't want you to possibly lose your pics if my calculations were off by a few days.

You should be able to, but you won't be able to start downloading your first set of pictures until just before you leave for your second trip and you will have to have your downloads complete just a few days after you return from your second trip.

MM entitles you to 30 days of downloads. after you download your first picture, you have 30 days to take more pictures, make edits, and finish your downloads. Photos are good in your account for 45 days from the day they were taken. So the pictures from your first trip will expire just before Christmas. If you wait to start downloading until Christmas week (around the 21), you would still have until the third week of January (MLk weekend, one week after your trip) to finish making edits to your second set of pictures and complete your downloads. The first set of pictures will expire before your trip, so make sure you have any that you want downloaded prior to the second trip so you don't lose them.

*****Make sure you check your dates prior to doing this- I know it will work because we had. 2 trips over the span of 7 weeks during the summer, but I don't want you to possibly lose your pics if my calculations were off by a few days.

Thank you so much for the information!!!

So we are finishing up our trip to WDW and have had a blast getting as many different magic shots as we can.
Out of the pictures we have seen on line we did not get: hitchhiking ghosts, captain hook, fairy wings, soarin hangglider, baby simba, mickey, minnie. (Not sure which of those if any are actually still available)

We do have a few where we posed and there is no magic in the photo. Can these be edited with the appropriate magic added?

I have another question. We were just at WDW last week and my kids got a few animated magic shots. One of Luminier, one of Pascal, and one of Olaf! We thought these were really cute and fun and were wondering if there were different ones that we didn't get. We had never heard of these before and were pleasantly surprised when we saw them on our memory maker account! :thumbsup2

Of the ones that you mentioned, only the fairy wings still exist. The others were retired. You got all the animated shots except for Pascal :). (Although that one is totally missable) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Edit: technically hitchiking ghosts is still around but it's only available during MNSSHP

I have another question. We were just at WDW last week and my kids got a few animated magic shots. One of Luminier, one of Pascal, and one of Olaf! We thought these were really cute and fun and were wondering if there were different ones that we didn't get. We had never heard of these before and were pleasantly surprised when we saw them on our memory maker account! :thumbsup2

Where did you get Luminier?

Where did you get Luminier?

We got him at the walkway/stone wall between Be our Guest and Gastons tavern. I thought it was going to be chip since I read that was where it was.

We got Pascal in front of Animal Kingdom.

Stitch eating ice cream sitting on the garden wall at epcot.

Balloons in front of Spaceship Earth.

Thanks we got chip in that spot. Has anyone heard of special magic shots at the park entrances for those with memory maker? Supposedly there is something different for each park...

Thanks we got chip in that spot. Has anyone heard of special magic shots at the park entrances for those with memory maker? Supposedly there is something different for each park...

The animated ones are the only mm ones. And the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have been trying for hours to view the animated photos. I see the ToT ride video but dont see any animations. Is there a special browser addon?

What are the special animated photos for people with MM? I have never heard of them, but we are getting MM for our trip in October. Thank you so much!

I have been trying for hours to view the animated photos. I see the ToT ride video but dont see any animations. Is there a special browser addon?

They're magic shots. Did you take any of those?

They're just mp4s.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Those animated ones, it uses the same poses as normal magic shot. I got one for Lumiere, but I also got a still magic shot with the same pose same place. Is it all depends on the person who put the "magic" into our photos??

I took many magic shot and the only animated one I got was the Lumiere one in MK near SDMT....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter