Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

I just found this thread it is pretty cool thanks for all the special effect pics. I looked at it like this our trip is $5,000 what is another $150 not to worry about pics. They might get a few that we don't get even if I get that one pic it could be priceless.
Now here is the one shot I am really hoping I can try to get.
1st our son took us 8 years to get with a hole lot of ups and downs with fertility and when we finally got our son he was very sick ( I mean very sick ) so after being in the hospital for the 1st 3 months of his life and on life support for a few days 19 spinal taps done 1 surgery and blood transfusion he was able to come home. They told us he would never talk walk or eat or anything. He is a happy and HEALTHY 4 year so we have been planning a trip for 2 years to come to Disney for his 5 birthday I had to take on a 2nd job to make this all happen. we finally booked our trip it is for june 3 2015.
There is a quote from Cinderella it says even miracles take time. I found this sign while we out shopping one day and that hangs on his door so when you walk in you can see it
The Pic I am going to try to get is maybe tinkerbell and maybe a little pixie dust getting on him maybe something like that so we can put that in his room. Since he is our little miracle and he did take quite some time I thought this would be the most fitting pic.
Sorry for going on but we are super excited to be doing this with him.....

The Pic I am going to try to get is maybe tinkerbell and maybe a little pixie dust getting on him maybe something like that so we can put that in his room. Since he is our little miracle and he did take quite some time I thought this would be the most fitting pic.

I got this exact shot on Main Street with the castle behind me, awesome:)

I just found this thread it is pretty cool thanks for all the special effect pics. I looked at it like this our trip is $5,000 what is another $150 not to worry about pics. They might get a few that we don't get even if I get that one pic it could be priceless.
Now here is the one shot I am really hoping I can try to get.
1st our son took us 8 years to get with a hole lot of ups and downs with fertility and when we finally got our son he was very sick ( I mean very sick ) so after being in the hospital for the 1st 3 months of his life and on life support for a few days 19 spinal taps done 1 surgery and blood transfusion he was able to come home. They told us he would never talk walk or eat or anything. He is a happy and HEALTHY 4 year so we have been planning a trip for 2 years to come to Disney for his 5 birthday I had to take on a 2nd job to make this all happen. we finally booked our trip it is for june 3 2015.
There is a quote from Cinderella it says even miracles take time. I found this sign while we out shopping one day and that hangs on his door so when you walk in you can see it
Sorry for going on but we are super excited to be doing this with him.....

I agree with burne in front of the castle would be a great place to do it. If I could make a suggestion, maybe go to mainstreet in the middle of the day or around sunset to get this shot and try to get closer to Casey's on the far end of it. Why? The castle is a very popular shot and everyone wants a great picture. Because of that, as soon as people walk into MK they immediately want this picture taken. There are often lines behind the photographers who need to work quickly to get each family in and out. If you go during a slower time when people aren't coming in or leaving there should be less of a crowd. It's better to be at then end of mainstreet since most people go to the first photographer they see, which would be the ones directly in the front. Try to find a photographer who doesn't have a line and talk to them a little. Then they can fully commit to you. If they know how special the photo is, they will take their time. Also, everything looks better in the sunset when there is a golden light covering everything. You can also add more effects and borders online.

I totally understand by the way. My cousin's baby, while not hard to make, was born with heart problems. She spent three months in the hospital last summer and even though she has some complications and uses oxygen when she gets sick, she is still a happy little three year old!

Thanks so much for this thread! It's been very helpful!

There is one question that I can't find an answer for. I understand that I can share an MM with people who are linked to my MDE. What I'm unclear on is if the adults who are on someone else's account can also view and share photos with me. My father and sister in law are both are my mother in law's MDE. All 3 are on my friends and family list but only my mother in law can view and share photos (and vice versa). I've tried to change settings on both my account and my mother in law's account so that I can view and share photos with my father in law and sister in law, but I can't find any way to do this. Can I automatically view their photos because they're on my mother in law's account? I'm afraid that if my father in law takes one of my kids to greet a character and uses his RFID ticket to save the photo that I won't be able to get it on my MM. Should they just use photo pass cards that I can later link to my MM?

Thanks so much for this thread! It's been very helpful!

There is one question that I can't find an answer for. I understand that I can share an MM with people who are linked to my MDE. What I'm unclear on is if the adults who are on someone else's account can also view and share photos with me. My father and sister in law are both are my mother in law's MDE. All 3 are on my friends and family list but only my mother in law can view and share photos (and vice versa). I've tried to change settings on both my account and my mother in law's account so that I can view and share photos with my father in law and sister in law, but I can't find any way to do this. Can I automatically view their photos because they're on my mother in law's account? I'm afraid that if my father in law takes one of my kids to greet a character and uses his RFID ticket to save the photo that I won't be able to get it on my MM. Should they just use photo pass cards that I can later link to my MM?

It can get really confusing when there are multiple people on multiple reservations. The best way to get everyone together is to call the help line on the website. The system wasn't really designed for so many people but the CM's on the phone can manually link things together. Do get as many pictures as possible. You can always go to the view stations in the parks and they can combine bands and/or cards together. That way you can at least have all the photos together and then make CD's of the photos for the other family members. Please don't try scanning photos to the regular park tickets - they can create a "black hole" where all the photos disappear and never reappear. Seriously, those photos scanners will scan anything like barcodes but if they are not scanned to the right device they will disappear. Always scan photos to MM cards, PP cards, or magic bands.

I know the conversation has dried up a bit since last week, so as I reminder I also spend 50% of my time with characters so if you have questions about where to find them, what their lines are like, or anything else just ask.

Also, I know the secret to seeing Anna and Elsa and NOT waiting five hours to see them....
You may have already answered this. Can you tell me the secret location of Anna and Elsa?

Thank you so much for doing this. I have never done memory maker at WDW but I am so excited to have it for our trip in October.:yay:

Hmmm that is a tricky question. The Visa Meet and Greet might be a good idea since it generally is pretty slow in there, especially towards the end of the day. However the entrance and exit are basically the same so it would be hard to sneak in. It is a large room so the character attendants MAY be able to let you sit in the back and wait. Just make sure to mention it to them and that both parties have their Disney Visa Card. Talking Mickey would be an option, as would Tinkerbell since she is now also in the main street theatre with a FP,

What and where is the Disney Visa Meet and greet? What characters are there? When?

You may have already answered this. Can you tell me the secret location of Anna and Elsa?

Thank you so much for doing this. I have never done memory maker at WDW but I am so excited to have it for our trip in October.:yay:

It wasn't a secret location, but a timing trick. A few months ago Anna and Elsa's line would close at 5:00 but they were usually scheduled until 7:00 or something so it was possibly to be in the line and still see them. However, that has changed since then and they meet and greet all night from what I am told.

Hmmm that is a tricky question. The Visa Meet and Greet might be a good idea since it generally is pretty slow in there, especially towards the end of the day. However the entrance and exit are basically the same so it would be hard to sneak in. It is a large room so the character attendants MAY be able to let you sit in the back and wait. Just make sure to mention it to them and that both parties have their Disney Visa Card. Talking Mickey would be an option, as would Tinkerbell since she is now also in the main street theatre with a FP,

What and where is the Disney Visa Meet and greet? What characters are there? When?

The Disney Visa Meet and Greet is in Epcot in the Innovations building (I think East). You have to have a Disney Visa card to get in line. In line you show your card get a voucher for a free photo. Then you go to the Epcot view station and pick which one you want (only from the Visa room). The characters are usually Mickey and Pluto or Minnie and Goofy.

It can get really confusing when there are multiple people on multiple reservations. The best way to get everyone together is to call the help line on the website. The system wasn't really designed for so many people but the CM's on the phone can manually link things together. Do get as many pictures as possible. You can always go to the view stations in the parks and they can combine bands and/or cards together. That way you can at least have all the photos together and then make CD's of the photos for the other family members. Please don't try scanning photos to the regular park tickets - they can create a "black hole" where all the photos disappear and never reappear. Seriously, those photos scanners will scan anything like barcodes but if they are not scanned to the right device they will disappear. Always scan photos to MM cards, PP cards, or magic bands.

Thank you so much! Just to be clear-- they will mail me photo pass cards when I order Memory Maker and I can link those to my Memory Maker account. I can also pick up new photo pass cards in the parks and get those linked to my account at the view stations. But we should not use our tickets to scan photos (none of us have magic bands, so that isn't an option).

Thank you so much! Just to be clear-- they will mail me photo pass cards when I order Memory Maker and I can link those to my Memory Maker account. I can also pick up new photo pass cards in the parks and get those linked to my account at the view stations. But we should not use our tickets to scan photos (none of us have magic bands, so that isn't an option).

I'm honestly not sure if you will get the card in the mail or will pick it up at Will Call. I heard of guests doing both but I'm not sure why. However, at some point you will get one white MM card with Mrs. Incredible on it. Yes, you can ask any photographer for extra PP cards and you can use those for photos. Just make sure everything is added or linked to the MM card before you start downloading to get everything. If you are splitting up and going on attractions make sure to give the MM to the person who goes on an attraction that takes pictures since they need to have the card to get the photo. And no, never scan photos to park tickets.

I'm honestly not sure if you will get the card in the mail or will pick it up at Will Call. I heard of guests doing both but I'm not sure why. However, at some point you will get one white MM card with Mrs. Incredible on it. Yes, you can ask any photographer for extra PP cards and you can use those for photos. Just make sure everything is added or linked to the MM card before you start downloading to get everything. If you are splitting up and going on attractions make sure to give the MM to the person who goes on an attraction that takes pictures since they need to have the card to get the photo. And no, never scan photos to park tickets.

I have the option of will call or having it mailed to me whenever I order it. Thank you so much for your help! I had no idea how it was supposed to work with so many people without magic bands, but now it's all clear!

Thanks for all the tips here. This thread was what tipped me over the edge to purchase MM. Well, this thread & reaching my 50 lb weight loss goal!

We are coming to Orlando with family who won't be going to the parks. I've read about a Photopass studio in Downtown Disney but can't find hours in general - specifically for the week of Sept 6-13 when we'll be there. I understand it's a smaller space used for BBB photos as well. Can it accommodate a group of 8 easily?

I realize it's not your main work area but any info is appreciated. Thanks

Good morning!

I have the package that includes the free MM. Last visit we had the old version (PP+) prepurchased.

My understanding is that this does not get added to my acount until I check inWill they give me the card too? I prefer that. Even though we already have the magic bands.

Am I understanding this correct?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for all the tips here. This thread was what tipped me over the edge to purchase MM. Well, this thread & reaching my 50 lb weight loss goal!

We are coming to Orlando with family who won't be going to the parks. I've read about a Photopass studio in Downtown Disney but can't find hours in general - specifically for the week of Sept 6-13 when we'll be there. I understand it's a smaller space used for BBB photos as well. Can it accommodate a group of 8 easily?

I realize it's not your main work area but any info is appreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately I'm not really sure! I would guess all during the day. Like you said I never worked over there and our department is so big sometimes the only information about other parks I get is from other CM's bits of conversations or directly from guests.

Good morning!

I have the package that includes the free MM. Last visit we had the old version (PP+) prepurchased.

My understanding is that this does not get added to my acount until I check inWill they give me the card too? I prefer that. Even though we already have the magic bands.

Thank you in advance.

I think you may not get a card but if you go to guest relations they could probably get one for you. Yes, it probably wouldn't be added to your account until you check in since the card or MB numbers needed to be linked to your account.

Good morning!

Thank you in advance.

I had a reservation that included a free MM. It did not show up in the account until we checked in. We did NOT get a card at that time. We never needed it, they just scanned our bands for everything. You could probably also just ask the PP photographers for a PP card when you get the pictures taken. The only pictures that they may not add to those cards would be the ride photos, since those are only included with MM. Ride photos should automatically link to the bands anyway, no scanning is necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter